Maison de Capestang
from £136 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £136 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Villa / 5 bedrooms / sleeps 10
Availability Your dates are available
Villa / 5 bedrooms / sleeps 10
Gorgeous large house of 300m² to sleep a comfortable 10+ with 9.5m x 4m swimming pool. Located on the edge of the lively village of Capestang.
La Maison d'Estang is in the village of Capestang between the ancient cities of Narbonne and Beziers in the heart of the Languedoc area of France and on the banks of the Canal du Midi, a one hundred and fifty mile long World Heritage Site.
La Maison d'Estang began its life as a pair of elegant C17th houses on the high road to Carcassonne before becoming for some years the village Gendarmerie. Recently reincarnated as a charming maison de ville, La Maison d'Estang comfortably sleeps ten adults in Four Air-Conditioned Bedrooms and a garden level Fifth Bedroom suite (along with folding beds or cots for those little extras).
The house has two kitchens for indoor and outdoor dining, three en suite or shared bath and shower rooms and separate cloakroom. Facilities include high-speed wireless internet, a Games Room with Pool Table and dart board, a fireplace plus full central heating, secure garage parking, full laundry facilities, and, of course, a swimming pool. And it's only twenty minutes from the golden beaches of the Med!
The house is partially wheel chair friendly in the down stairs part of the house.
Pets at owners discretion
Recently restored, the house is full of traditional French charm with high beamed ceilings and stone walls.
There are 2 kitchens for indoor and outdoor cooking, 3 dining areas (2 inside and 1 outside), 2 barbecues, 4 air-conditioned bedrooms, a games room (with darts & full size pool table) which converts to a fifth bedroom with en suite shower room and possible wheelchair access.
The spacious indoor kitchen is fully equipped with large oven, 4 ring hob, grill, microwave, American style fridge freezer and dishwasher. Large table and chairs to seat 10 people, child's highchair.
Living room, again very spacious with comfortable seating for 8 people, a fireplace, dining table and chairs, doors onto the balcony.
There are 4 bathrooms in total :-
* Bathroom 1 - Huge walk-in shower, basin, WC.
* Bathroom 2 - Bath with shower over, basin, WC.
* Bathroom 3 - Shower, basin, WC.
* Bathroom 4 - WC.
The 5 bedrooms can sleep a maximum of 12 people and are arranged as follows:
* Bedroom 1 - 1 extra large double bed
* Bedroom 2 - 1 extra large double bed
* Bedroom 3 - 2 single beds, (king size when joined)
* Bedroom 4 - 1 double bed, 2 single beds (king size when joined)
* Bedroom 5 - 2 sofabeds/futons, (king size when joined)
* CD, radio, satellite or cable TV, audio tape player, stereo system, DVD, wireless broadband internet access
There is a super swimming pool with a patio surround and beach chairs as well as a shower.
On the ground floor is a second (summer) kitchen with four ring oven, microwave/grill, fridge-freezer, kettle, coffee maker, pots and pans, knives and forks, plastic plates and glasses (so much safer for around the pool) and, outside, both gas and charcoal barbecues and wall mounted wine coolers (don't forget to ice them!).
A quiet seating area is adjacent to the outside covered dining area which seats up to ten.
* 4 of the 5 bedrooms have air conditioning and all have central heating.
* The 5th bedroom/games room has possible wheelchair access and a wheelchair accessible en suite shower room. As the main house is up stairs, 'Suitable for elderly or infirm and Wheelchair Access' applies only to the ground floor fifth bedroom/games room (with two singles or one large double bed, TV, DVD player, CD stereo and a selection of DVDs and CDs) and its en suite bathroom, garage, and other outdoor areas (excluding the pool). Come summer you can almost live in the garden
* Folding and inflatable beds supplied for extra guests.
* Cots and additional highchairs can be supplied if requested at time of booking for a fee but are NOT on site.
* There is also a separate one bedroom annexed apartment nearby that will sleep 2 (or 3-4 using a very comfortable airbed in the living room). The apartment is two minutes walk from the main house, has its own kitchen and laundry facilities (with a dryer) and its own separate entrance. This apartment is perfect for parties travelling with staff or simply to provide extra beds for larger parties, last minute guests or less than immediate family and can be rented on a weekly basis even in high season. Please ask for further information.
Extras and Add Ons
Meet and Greet - if you feel you could do with someone to meet you and show you around and show you how the house works tell us when you book. This service is particularly useful if arriving late at night. Various food and drinks packages and other supplies can be ordered in advance to be there on your arrival.
Maison Capestang is the perfect place to rest from your adventures or, if you prefer, to just take a quiet holiday away from it all. Whatever your taste, the fast lane or the slow, it's La Maison Capestang. Enjoy.
Magnificent Spring Colours, Summer Sun Drenched Tableaux of Unending Vines, Golden Beaches and Crystal Clear Mediterranean Waters, Autumnal Shades of Earth and Fire. Any time of the year the Languedoc is magical. From the Pyrenees to the Rhone historic villages, busy wine and canal towns and vibrant cities offer experiences to remember.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Private outdoor pool (heated), Internet access|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (heated), Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Pool or snooker table, Satellite TV|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Kitchens - 2 kitchens, one indoor and one outdoor, both with ovens, hobs, microwaves, fridge freezers and ample dining space for 10+. There is also a washing machine and drier in the summer kitchen.
Lounge - large comfortable sofas, dining table and chairs, balcony, TV, DVD, music centre, internet access.
Bedrooms - 4 bedrooms (all with aircon.
* one master bedroom with double bed and ensuite shower room with massive walk-in shower, basin and WC.
* second bedroom with double bed and separate bathroom with bath & shower over, basin and WC.
* third bedroom with 2 twin beds.
* fourth bedroom with double bed and 2 singles in required.
* fifth bedroom / games room with 2 single beds and ensuite shower room with basin and WC.
Games room - can be used as the fifth bedroom but also has dartboard, full size pool table, fridge, sofa and shower room.
Extras - 2 BBQs, air-conditioning, internet access, safe, central heating.
|Further details outdoors|
Private 9.5 m x 4 m swimming pool with patio surround, 4 beach chairs and shower.
Terrace, 2 barbecues, dining table and 10 chairs
Secure garage parking for 2 cars + quiet road outside for extras.
On a brick terrace under a roof of bamboo, a colourful mosaic table with seating for ten rests (above) close to the twin barbecues (one Gas, one Charcoal) and next to the entrance to the Summer Kitchen.
Inside the Summer Kitchen is everything you need for your alfresco adventure. A fridge/freezer - excellent for chilling wine or keeping food until you're ready to cook - a gas cooker with four gas rings and a small oven, a kettle, coffee maker, a twin sink unit, utensils and plastic “glasses” and plates - so much safer if taken to the pool! The Summer Kitchen is also the home of the essential Washing Machine, drying racks - there's a small drying area near the barbecue (may not be advisable to cook and dry simultaneously, though!) - and a Tumble Dryer for the winter months.
Linen and towels provided.
Air-conditioning, safe, central heating.
Only 2 week bookings taken in July and August.
Long term renters welcome.
Suitable for elderly or infirm.
Non-smokers preferred and if you do, please outside - it's so hard to get the tobacco smell out of the house - you can always have a puff in the garden or on the balcony if tobacco's your preferred vice.
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
Located on the edge of the charming village of Capestang, on the Canal du Midi.Although a popular tourist venue, Capestang has remained unspoilt and offers a great selection of restaurants and essential services.It is centred between Montpellier and Perpignan in this ancient province and is the perfect base from which to reach out to the historic Languedoc and its fascinating Cathar and pre-Cathar heritage.2 min from the Canal du Midi, 60 mins from 3 international airports. Eurostar/TGV to Beziers or Narbonne (20 mins). Car-Train to Narbonne 20 mins.
Local activities golf, cycling, diving, horse riding, water skiing, fishing, sailing, wind-surfing, mountain biking, walking, tennis, swimming.Other Activities - Wine Tasting. Letting the World Go By. Snoozing.
See below for our guest reviews via South France Holiday Villas:
" The property exceeded my expectations. It was extremely clean on our arrival and everything we needed was there. The booking procedure and service was very efficient. We thought the house was really lovely and we had a fantastic holiday in Capestang. "
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Juliana Forte (Property Manager South France Holiday Villas Ltd)
- 4 Years listed
Calendar last updated:01 Feb 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted