Villa | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 10
Gorgeous large house of 300m² to sleep a comfortable 10+ with 9.5m x 4m swimming pool. Located on the edge of the lively village of Capestang.
The house is partially wheel chair friendly in the down stairs part of the house.
Pets at owners discretion
Recently restored, the house is full of traditional French charm with high beamed ceilings and stone walls.
There are 2 kitchens for indoor and outdoor cooking, 3 dining areas (2 inside and 1 outside), 2 barbecues, 4 air-conditioned bedrooms, a games room (with darts & full size pool table) which converts to a fifth bedroom with en suite shower room and possible wheelchair access.
The spacious indoor kitchen is fully equipped with large oven, 4 ring hob, grill, microwave, American style fridge freezer and dishwasher. Large table and chairs to seat 10 people, child's highchair.
Living room, again very spacious with comfortable seating for 8 people, a fireplace, dining table and chairs, doors onto the balcony.
There are 4 bathrooms in total :-
* Bathroom 1 - Huge walk-in shower, basin, WC.
* Bathroom 2 - Bath with shower over, basin, WC.
* Bathroom 3 - Shower, basin, WC.
* Bathroom 4 - WC.
The 5 bedrooms can sleep a maximum of 12 people and are arranged as follows:
* Bedroom 1 - 1 extra large double bed
* Bedroom 2 - 1 extra large double bed
* Bedroom 3 - 2 single beds, (king size when joined)
* Bedroom 4 - 1 double bed, 2 single beds (king size when joined)
* Bedroom 5 - 2 sofabeds/futons, (king size when joined)
* CD, radio, satellite or cable TV, audio tape player, stereo system, DVD, wireless broadband internet access
There is a super swimming pool with a patio surround and beach chairs as well as a shower.
On the ground floor is a second (summer) kitchen with four ring oven, microwave/grill, fridge-freezer, kettle, coffee maker, pots and pans, knives and forks, plastic plates and glasses (so much safer for around the pool) and, outside, both gas and charcoal barbecues and wall mounted wine coolers (don't forget to ice them!).
A quiet seating area is adjacent to the outside covered dining area which seats up to ten.
* 4 of the 5 bedrooms have air conditioning and all have central heating.
* The 5th bedroom/games room has possible wheelchair access and a wheelchair accessible en suite shower room. As the main house is up stairs, 'Suitable for elderly or infirm and Wheelchair Access' applies only to the ground floor fifth bedroom/games room (with two singles or one large double bed, TV, DVD player, CD stereo and a selection of DVDs and CDs) and its en suite bathroom, garage, and other outdoor areas (excluding the pool). Come summer you can almost live in the garden
* Folding and inflatable beds supplied for extra guests.
* Cots and additional highchairs can be supplied if requested at time of booking for a fee but are NOT on site.
* There is also a separate one bedroom annexed apartment nearby that will sleep 2 (or 3-4 using a very comfortable airbed in the living room). The apartment is two minutes walk from the main house, has its own kitchen and laundry facilities (with a dryer) and its own separate entrance. This apartment is perfect for parties travelling with staff or simply to provide extra beds for larger parties, last minute guests or less than immediate family and can be rented on a weekly basis even in high season. Please ask for further information.
Extras and Add Ons
Meet and Greet - if you feel you could do with someone to meet you and show you around and show you how the house works tell us when you book. This service is particularly useful if arriving late at night. Various food and drinks packages and other supplies can be ordered in advance to be there on your arrival.
Maison Capestang is the perfect place to rest from your adventures or, if you prefer, to just take a quiet holiday away from it all. Whatever your taste, the fast lane or the slow, it's La Maison Capestang. Enjoy.
Magnificent Spring Colours, Summer Sun Drenched Tableaux of Unending Vines, Golden Beaches and Crystal Clear Mediterranean Waters, Autumnal Shades of Earth and Fire. Any time of the year the Languedoc is magical. From the Pyrenees to the Rhone historic villages, busy wine and canal towns and vibrant cities offer experiences to remember.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Pool or snooker table, Satellite TV|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms|
|Further details indoors|
Kitchens - 2 kitchens, one indoor and one outdoor, both with ovens, hobs, microwaves, fridge freezers and ample dining space for 10+. There is also a washing machine and drier in the summer kitchen.
Lounge - large comfortable sofas, dining table and chairs, balcony, TV, DVD, music centre, internet access.
Bedrooms - 4 bedrooms (all with aircon.
* one master bedroom with double bed and ensuite shower room with massive walk-in shower, basin and WC.
* second bedroom with double bed and separate bathroom with bath & shower over, basin and WC.
* third bedroom with 2 twin beds.
* fourth bedroom with double bed and 2 singles in required.
* fifth bedroom / games room with 2 single beds and ensuite shower room with basin and WC.
Games room - can be used as the fifth bedroom but also has dartboard, full size pool table, fridge, sofa and shower room.
Extras - 2 BBQs, air-conditioning, internet access, safe, central heating.
|Further details outdoors|
Private 9.5 m x 4 m swimming pool with patio surround, 4 beach chairs and shower.
Terrace, 2 barbecues, dining table and 10 chairs
Secure garage parking for 2 cars + quiet road outside for extras.
Linen and towels provided.
Air-conditioning, safe, central heating.
Only 2 week bookings taken in July and August.
Long term renters welcome.
Suitable for elderly or infirm.
Non-smokers preferred and if you do, please outside - it's so hard to get the tobacco smell out of the house - you can always have a puff in the garden or on the balcony if tobacco's your preferred vice.
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
Located on the edge of the charming village of Capestang, on the Canal du Midi.
Although a popular tourist venue, Capestang has remained unspoilt and offers a great selection of restaurants and essential services.
It is centred between Montpellier and Perpignan in this ancient province and is the perfect base from which to reach out to the historic Languedoc and its fascinating Cathar and pre-Cathar heritage.
2 min from the Canal du Midi, 60 mins from 3 international airports. Eurostar/TGV to Beziers or Narbonne (20 mins). Car-Train to Narbonne 20 mins.
Local activities golf, cycling, diving, horse riding, water skiing, fishing, sailing, wind-surfing, mountain biking, walking, tennis, swimming.
Other Activities - Wine Tasting. Letting the World Go By. Snoozing.