Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
This spacious house is exceptionally well-equipped and offers 4 bedrooms, 2 lounge areas, 2 bathrooms and plenty of outside space.
The house has been renovated to a high standard but has retained many original features such as the beamed ceilings and traditional floor tiles. There is air-conditioning in all rooms except bedroom 1.
Beautiful new kitchen with oven, hobs, dishwasher and 2 fridges.
The large open plan lounge/dining area has a very comfortable seating area, and double sets of French windows opening onto the terrace and the pool area.
The second lounge area/games room has 32" TV, DVD, Playstation and X-box games and library of games.
Bedrooms consist of 2 kingsize doubles (one with dressing/baby room and ensuite shower room) and 2 twin rooms. Cot available.
There is one further family bathroom and a separate WC.
Highchair in house.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Valras 25 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Beziers 20 km, Nearest railway: Beziers 30 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Kitchen – fridge freezer, electric oven & hob, dishwasher, microwave, separate drinks fridge.
Dining - seating for 8
Living room – seating for 8, open fireplace and wood burning stove
Games room – TV, DVD, Playstation & X-box
Washing room – washing machine and drier
Bathroom – 1 family bathrooms, 1 ensuite shower room, 1 separate WC
Bedrooms - 4 double bedrooms, 2 kingsize doubles, (one with dressing/baby room and ensuite shower room), and 2 twin rooms.
Entertainment – 40"LCD TV with SKY satellite,French digital terestial TV and radio stations, DVD, CD player/radio, Broadband internet access, Playstation and X-box.
|Further details outdoors|
Large private swimming pool 7m x 5.5m x 2.1m & sun patio area. Depth of pool is from 3 feet to 7 feet 6 inches.
Mediterranean courtyard garden with open and covered terrace areas.
Illuminated BBQ area.
Dining table, chairs to seat 8 and 8 sunloungers, BBQ.
Quiet street parking alongside house.
If you wish to book this villa, we require a 30% deposit at the time of booking. The balance is payable 8 weeks before the date of arrival.
A security deposit is payable prior to arrival and will be returned after departure on verification that there have been no damages or breakages.
Please note that this property has been visited personally by one of our staff and given our seal of approval. We can also answer any queries you may have and you can be sure that the wonderful villa you see in the photos does NOT have a nightclub next door to it!
This villa has our Upgraded rating which means that the owners offer the best service possible and that we can guarantee that the bedding and towels are good quality, there are pool towels available for you, there will be a Welcome Pack on arrival and where there are local contacts on hand to deal with any problems arising at the house. All Upgraded properties have satellite TV with UK channels and/or internet access and/or air-conditioning or fans in every bedroom and a Travel Guide binder with ideas of things to do in the area etc. Free cot and highchair if required
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
This traditional and spacious house is located just a couple of minutes from the centre of one of the Languedoc's most beautiful villages, Poilhes, and the Canal du Midi which runs through the village.
Poilhes has a couple of shops and restaurants (don't miss Les Platanes which was featured on Rick Stein's BBC2 series) and there is a much larger selection in the neighbouring village of Capestang, and the city of Béziers is only 10 minutes away.
If you are feeling energetic, there is a free municipal tennis court just a couple of minutes walk away from the house.
This is the ideal location to provide a relaxing holiday base, whilst being within easy reach of local attractions and activities. The Mediterranean coast is 15/20 minutes drive, Montpellier, the thriving capital of the Languedoc with its international airport is 45 minutes away by car.
One of the most diverse regions of France, the Languedoc offers mountains, lakes, rivers and beautiful stretches of coastline; major towns and fairytale citadels. Languedoc is one of the most prolific wine-producing areas of France and a happy afternoon can be spent touring the many vineyards and tasting the local produce.
Budget airlines fly regularly to Montpellier, Perpignan, Nimes, Carcassonne and Girona. Spain, Andorra and the Pyrenees are within easy reach. By rail, the TGV operates from Lille to Béziers or Agde. Eurostar has a non-stop service from Waterloo to Avignon (July to September).
- Superb, child friendly beaches within a 20 minute drive, all with waterside restaurants and cafés.
- Béziers (10 minutes), historic town and capital of wine producing and rugby. Especially vibrant in August and during it's famous Féria. Perhaps the best flower market in the whole of the south on Fridays in the beautiful tree-lined main boulevard.
- Canal du Midi which links the Atlantic with the Mediterranean, miles of flat walks along the shady tow-paths. A choice of boat excursions can be taken.
- Carcassonne castle is well worth a visit, especially on jousting days!
- Roque Haute - outskirts of Portiragnes. Superb botanical reserve.
- Golf courses nearby at Béziers and Cap d'Agde
- Funfair at Vias Plage (July and August)
- Bassin de Thau - a calm inland sea teeming with fish. A breeding place for oysters and shellfish, producing over half the oysters consumed in France. Villages, such as Bouzigues and Meze, have many restaurants serving sumptuous platters of fresh shellfish.
- Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park - gorges, Lac de Salagou, a very beautiful area only 30 minutes drive away, with its stunning gorges and superb walking, hiking, river rafting, watersports and carp fishing.
- Roquebrun (called "Little Nice") with its Mediterranean garden with over 400 species
- Pézenas - City of Molière with an exceptional architectural heritage. Numerous arts and crafts artists with workshops open to the public. Large market every Saturday.
- Spain - an hour's drive to the border.
- Barcelona - approximately 3 hours' drive
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
Juliana Forte (Property Manager South France Holiday Villas Ltd)
- 3 Years listed
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- 138 properties
- St Pierre la Mer
- 54 properties
- 51 properties
- 37 properties
- Valras Plage
- 33 properties
- 31 properties
- 20 properties
- 18 properties
- St Chinian
- 16 properties
- 14 properties
- 11 properties
- Portiragnes Plage
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- Cazouls les Beziers
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Ventenac en Minervois
- 6 properties
- 6 properties