Scarborough Beach Cottage
Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
• Sleeps 4 total. 2 adults on queen beds
• 2 Bedrooms & 1 bathroom
• Open-plan living area with comfortable seating area, dining table inside for 6. Outdoor dining area for 6 on the patio with beautiful sea views.
• Modern open-plan kitchen has all new appliances: oven, stove, sink, large fridge/freezer and automatic washing machine & tumble dryer.
• Beautiful ocean views.
• Large deck with outdoor table and bamboo shading area, for enjoying the ocean view and sunsets, or the magnificent stars in the evening.
• The sound of the ocean is audible and sets a beautiful background to this classic wooden beach house, with a contemporary rustic feel.
• Two minutes walk to the beach
• Beautiful indigenous garden with outside seating
• Non-smoking house and parking for 1 car available on premises, but no garage or covered parking. Additional parking can be arranged if needed.
Local attractions and activities:
• The Cape Point nature reserve borders on Scarborough
• Art routes in the area
• Wine farms nearby
• Lots of game watching close by, ranging from buck, ostriches, camels, baboons, penguins (10 minute drive to Simonstown), whales (during August Sept Oct), dolphins, sea otters and many more...
• Camel rides close by
• Horse riding nearby at Noord Hoek beach
• Hiking trails in mountain (start 3 minutes from the house)
• Mountain biking, surfing, boogie boarding, wind-surfing, kite-boarding, fishing, and much more in the surrounding area...
Getting around Scarborough:
• Scarborough has two restaurants – The Hub next to Jawitz Properties (we highly recommend it!) and Camel Rock – and one small convenience store that sells milk, bread, sugar, tea, etc. For your main shopping, you'll want to go to the Long Beach Mall at Sun Valley (15 minute drive). The Pick-n-Pay or Woolworths are both good grocery stores; there are also banking facilities, and a large variety of other stores.
• Scarborough beach is a 2 minute walk from the house. At the main parking lot, you can either go left or right. The left beach is more popular with families and good for surfing and swimming (although the water can be cold but crystal blue and clear). The beach to your right is hidden from the parking lot and is about a 5 minute walk from the parking lot. It is more secluded and less popular and good for collecting shells or doing yoga/meditating, etc.
• The shortest way to the Cape Town city center (40 minute dirve) is via the spectacular scenic drive Chapman's Peak that starts at Noord Hoek and ends in Hout bay, but it is a toll road (charges are R 33.00 each way). The alternate is to go “Old Cape Road” which goes over the mountain.
The house a beautiful beach and nature escape to recharge your batteries and only 40 minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of Cape Town.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
89% Response rate
Based in South Africa
- 23 properties
- 20 properties
- Somerset West
- 19 properties
- Gordon's Bay
- 18 properties
- 9 properties
- 8 properties