Ascot Gardens Self Catering
About the home
Ascot Gardens "Home from Home" self catering accommodation situated in the majestic Constantia Valley , is ideally positioned within 5 minutes drive of the M3 and M5 Motorways connecting to the City and to Cape Towns many attractions.
Constantia Valley is Cape Towns secret rural retreat and the perfect place to escape away from the hustle and bustle of city life..
Experience the wine estates, producing award winning wines, championship golf courses, excellent restaurants, hiking and bike trails, indigenous flora and fauna, mountain climbing, horse riding, and shopping at Constantia Village.
Breathe in clean fresh country air and relax in the Constantia Valley, Cape Towns Vineyard,. 7 Constantia Wine farms, including Groot Constantia, the oldest wine estate in South Africa,are only 5-10 minutes away.
Within walking distance is a shopping center and 6 excellent restaurants, a train station, and bus stop.
The Airport, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town City Center and Table Mountain are 20 minutes drive.
Hout Bay and Muizenberg beaches are 15 minutes drive away.
Camps Bay, Clifton Beach and Chapman's Peak Drive are within 35 minutes.
Stellenbosch Wine Route, Cape Point Nature Reserve, Noordhoek, and Somerset West and Paarl are 50 minutes away.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||Muizenberg, 10km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 500m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed Property|
|Pool:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
Fully furnished and equipped with stove or hot plate, microwave, fridge, pots, kettle, toaster, pans, crockery, glassware, cooking utensils, cutlery, kitchen towels, bedding, bath towels (not swimming towels), broom dustpan , mop, iron and ironing board.
Each suite has wall panel heaters, ceiling fans in bedrooms and lounges,TV Satellite Television and DVD,Bedside clock radios in bedrooms ,Music centres, wall safe, and free Wi-fi broadband internet
Dish washers in larger suites
The units are not serviced daily, but for long stays they are serviced and the bed linen and bath towels changed every 7 days.
We supply dish clothes, dish washing liquid, toilet rolls and garbage bags.
Further details outdoors:
Private entrance to each Cottage
Private patio with table and chairs and own BBQ facilities surrounded by beautiful garden
Secure, off street parking behind remote controlled gates
Free WIFI internet and 2 free guest use computers and Skype in Library
Library with information brochures, reading books,
Fenced swimming pool
Sun bathing area with sun lounges
Longer stays may receive free meal vouchrs for local restaurants
ask when enquiring.
Special Discounts on Website Rates for longer stays(Subject to availability and conditions)
Mid and Low green season specials (MAY TO OCTOBER ) :for each 6 nights booked pay only for 5 nights (1 night free )
Less 10% for 21 to 41 nights ( 2 free nights)
Less 15% for more than 42 to 55 nights ( 6 free nights)
Less 20% for more than 56 nights or more ( 11 free nights)
Special discounted long stay Price for 3 months or more subject to season, availability and management discretion .Special
long stay monthly rates starting from R7500 per month from 1st April
No Extra charge for 3rd or 4th person if on sleeper couch, single bed or double bunk in lounge of larger units .
* 1. Rates are per apartment/night (all charges and vat inclusive).
* 2. Discounted Single rates subject to season and management and availability.
* 3. To confirm your booking, the submitted reservation form must be signed and completed with expected time of arrival. Proof of deposit and the reservation form must be returned to ASCOT GARDENS .
* 4. Minimum 2 night stay required
* 6. Deposit of 33% required to confirm booking and will be refunded less any costs (or less a minimum deduction of R100) providing the booking is cancelled in writing 60 days or more before arrival.
* 7. Deposit will be non refundable should cancellation be within 60 days of arrival and the unit is unlet for the booking period or part thereof. (Part rental will result in pro rated repayment of deposit, less costs, payable after the departure date of cancelled booking.)
* 8. The outstanding balance is due before or on the day of arrival.
* 9. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival or totalling less than R1000 or over peak periods or special sporting events require full payment before confirmation and arrival
* 10. If you do not cancel your booking in writing 31 days prior to arrival, you will be responsible for the balance of the hire period
* 11. Refunds are not given for late arrivals or early departures, with no exceptions.
* 12. Payment by Direct Deposit , Bank or Internet transfer or Cash or Credit Card via VERISIGN BOOKSURE SECURE SITE.
* 13. House rules will be strictly enforced, please read Information Book on arrival to avoid any problems.
* 14. No smoking in suites allowed.Please ask for an ash tray and smoke outside
15 R 200 clean up charge will be levied if dishes are not washed and put away ,or kitchen or unit is left in a dirty state on departure
* 16. Any breakage/damage to Ascot Gardens property is payable before departure by the person responsible or the renter of the unit.. Kindly advise management immedietly should breakages occur or if utensils are missing or faulty.
* 17. Right of Admission Reserved. Occupancy only allowed as per confirmed numbers when booked.
* 18. Rates and discount subject to conditions, availability and may be changed without notification.
* 19. Due to unforeseen circumstances owners/management may change the suite reserved by you for any reason. You will then be accommodated in a similar suite or more expensive suite at no extra cost to you (or credited should you occupy a cheaper suite or refunded should you not be satisfied with exchanged unit and wish to stay elswhere )
* 20. Guests/s and visitors attend/stay at Ascot Gardens at their own risk
* 21. Permission from management must be obtained before hand before inviting more than 4 visitors onto the Ascot Gardens property at any one time. Use of ANY facilities , including swimming pool is for paying ASCOT GUESTS ONLY .
* 22. No private group meetings of more than 6 persons , parties, BBQ s, or celebrations of any sort are allowed at any time on Ascot Gardens property ,unless management has been prior advised and granted permission .Guests must move inside by 10 pm, keep noise levels down at all times , and visitors to depart by latest 10.30 pm
* 23. Ascot Gardens Accommodation cc, The Nut Trust , Barry Edkins and Lesley Edkins, their agent/s and/or employee/s ("the Proprietor") shall not be liable for, and the guest/s hereby waive/s and abandon/s any claim of whatever nature including but not limited to that for theft, injury, loss or damage of whatever nature, against the Proprietor, whether arising from the Proprietor's default , negligence or otherwise.
* 24. By signing the reservation form, or confirming the booking via email, phone, personally or paying any amount of deposit, the guest/s, in addition to the aforesaid, hereby indemnify, the proprietor against any claim which may arise from whatever nature, whether arising from the Proprietor's defaults, negligence or otherwise.
The Western Cape region
Because ASCOT GARDENS in the Constantia Valley is located in the centre of the Peninsula, it is the perfect Cape Town base for visitors and the area offers a variety of things to do and experience.
Bergvliet’s main attraction, for a visitor to Cape Town, is its quietness, relaxed atmosphere, peacefulness, and with no traffic or crime problems, within the neighbourhood. Plus the quick and easy access to the M3, and M5 motor ways, which brings you into the City Centre and Waterfront, as well as leading to all the major local attractions and beaches, in only 20-40 minutes.
For naturists there is Silvermine Nature Reserve and Tokai Forest, with their numerous hiking and mountain bike trails wandering through a variety of pine, oak and redwood trees. Kirstenbosch Botanical gardens is home to more than 8500 indigenous plants species and holds regular music concerts in the grounds of the magnificent surroundings.
The Cape Town / Constantia area
Wine & Dine in the Constantia Valley
Constantia has seven of Cape Town’s oldest and finest wine farms, including Groot Constantia founded 1685, and Buitenverwachting established in 1796, which all produce award-winning wines to rank among the world’s best. Wine tasting is offered in vintage Cape Dutch Architecture buildings with views of the vineyards and the Constantiaberg Mountain range.
Constantia has an abundance of excellent Restaurants offering local produce and food suitable for everyone’s taste and budget .Included is the award winning La Colombe Restaurant at Constantia Uitsig wine farm and Catharinas at Steenberg wine estate.
Constantia village shopping mall has numerous shops and Restaurants
Three Championship Golf Courses
Constantia Valley offers visitors a challenging selection of parkland golf courses in scenic settings, all of them with outstanding views of the Constantiaberg mountain range. These championship golf courses are within a ten minute drive from Ascot Gardens . The oldest golf club in South Africa is Royal Cape Golf Club (1895). Steenberg Golf Course is within a residential estate and some holes are played amongst the vineyard. Westlake Golf Club, renowned for its hospitality, welcomes visitors and has excellent club house facilities and restaurant.
Things to See and Do in Constantia, Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula
Ascot Gardens is situated within 20 minutes drive to Cape Town City Centre, Airport, the V&A Waterfront, Robben Island Ferry, and Table Mountain Cable Car. The warm water False Bay Beaches, such as Muizenberg and Fish Hoek and Kalk Bay Harbour are within 15 minutes drive. For breathtaking scenery, drive over Constantia Nek to visit Hout Bay beach and fishing harbour and Chapmans Peak Drive, or drive along the dramatic coast line to enjoy Llandudno, Camps Bay and Clifton beaches. Once over Ou Kaapse Weg, it is only 20 minutes drive to view the Penguins at Boulders beach, or explore Simonstown, and further to reach Cape Point Nature Reserve, Cape Point and Noordhoek Mile long beach.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Bergvliet in the Constantia Valley is a quiet, safe leafy suburb only 20klms from Cape Town City Centre and the V & A Waterfront, and is perfectly positioned in the centre of the Cape Town Peninsula . Ascot Gardens attraction is its quietness,peacefulness, and with no traffic or crime problems. Plus the easy access to the M3, and M5 motor ways, which link to the City Centre/ Waterfront, and to all the local attractions and beaches, within 20-40 minutes. ASCOT GARDENS is therefore an ideal base for touring and sight seeing around Cape Town.We are also only a 10 minute walk from the Train Station, Shopping centre and 6 good local restaurants.
Activities near Cape Town
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
A winter sun break
12 Jan 2013
Our extended family stayed at Ascot Gardens for part of December 2012 on into January 2013. We were given two units, Ascot House, and Ascot Cottage. In a nutshell, the units, and Ascot Gardens, have... more
29 Jun 2012
Unique complex of flats and rooms. Great for a young family or a group.
Handy location and friendly owner.
Hopefully we'll return on our next trip to CT.
12 May 2012
I am in love with the Constantia Valley and wanted to really experience the quaintness of this really majestic location. Ascot Gardens made it that much more special. If you like the homely, quaint farm feel in the heart of the beautiful Southern Suburbs then you will love this place. And dont forget the mountains…
We were due to arrive at 18:30 but ended up being late due to car rental issues and was still greeted with warmth and friendliness.
I love exploring and this was the perfect location with quick access to pretty much anywhere in Cape Town. We managed to zip here there and everywhere in 3 days and see a lot of different things.
Thank you to Ascot Gardens for making it such a stress-free, hospitable visit – even though it was short we were still treated like patrons who came to spend 2 weeks.
Keep up the good work!
|Rental prices originally quoted in: S. African R||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 2|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|SUMMER 2013||8 Jan 13||9 Apr 13||R 3780||R 590||R 590||2 Nights|
|AUTUMN 2013||9 Apr 13||1 May 13||R 3360||R 490||R 490||2 Nights|
|GREEN SEASON 2013||1 May 13||1 Nov 13||R 3290||R 470||R 470||1 Night|
|SPRING 2013||1 Nov 13||13 Dec 13||R 3360||R 540||R 540||2 Nights|
|XMAS PEAK 2013 NEW YEAR /2014||20 Dec 13||8 Jan 14||R 4130||R 590||R 590||1 Week|
|SUMMER 2014||8 Jan 14||23 Apr 14||R 4130||R 590||R 590||2 Nights|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|SUMMER 2013||8 Jan 13||9 Apr 13||R 4060||R 940||R 940||2 Nights|
|AUTUMN 2013||9 Apr 13||1 May 13||R 4550||R 870||R 870||2 Nights|
|GREEN SEASON 2013||1 May 13||1 Nov 13||R 4620||R 790||R 790||1 Night|
|SPRING 2013||1 Nov 13||13 Dec 13||R 4550||R 870||R 870||2 Nights|
|XMAS PEAK 2013 NEW YEAR 2014||20 Dec 13||8 Jan 14||R 5740||R 1034||R 1034||1 Week|
|SUMMER 2014||8 Jan 14||23 Apr 14||R 6580||R 940||R 940||2 Nights|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
GREEN SEASON SPECIAL(MAY - OCTOBER) ;FOR EACH 6 NIGHTS BOOKED ONLY PAY FOR 5 NIGHTS ( ask for this special discount )
DURING OTHER SEASONS ,
Get 2 Free nights if stay is 21 nights or more
6 Free nights if stay is 42 nights or more
11 Free nights if stay is for 56 nights or more
iF AVAILABLE , you will receive on your arrival, a Cape Coupon Book containing discount vouchers for restaurant meal specials, half price meals, and up to 20% discount off the entire dining bill.
These Vouchers are valid and available for approximately 50 different Local and Cape Town Restaurants, during your visit .
This Coupon Book also offers discount coupons for purchases in many shops, services and different businesses, in and around the CAPE TOWN area.
No Extra charge for 3rd or 4th person if on sleeper couch, single bed or double bunk in lounge.
Rates are PAYABLE IN SOUTH AFRICAN RANDS per apartment/night (all charges and vat inclusive).
Discounted Single rates subject to season and management and availability.
To confirm your booking, the submitted reservation form must be signed and completed with your expected time of arrival. Proof of deposit and the reservation form must be returned to ASCOT GARDENS before the deadline date as stipulated on the form.
Minimum 2 night stay required
Deposit of 34% required to confirm booking and will be refunded less any costs (or less a minimum deduction of R100) providing the booking is cancelled in writing 60 days or more before arrival.
Payment by Direct Deposit , Bank or Internet transfer or Cash or Credit Card of Master, Visa,Diners Club, or American Express . Card payment via VERISIGN approved BOOKSURE SECURE SITE.
Rates and discount subject to conditions, availability and may be changed without notification.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.