Fernbrook Windmill, Cape Cod
Windmill | 6 bedrooms | sleeps 12
Fernbrook Windmill comprises a modern fully-serviced house built in a Classic Cape style around the original windmill that served the Fernbrook Estate. The original windmill was built in 1881 to draw fresh water for the Fernbrook Estate. A 'Cape Style' addition was built in 1995, providing the perfect blend of history and modern amenities.
6 bedrooms / 4 bath – 3 King Size beds; 2 twins which both extend to doubles; children's room featuring 2 x 2 bunks; and 2 large infant cribs
3 reception areas: Family Room (cathedral ceiling, 3 sofas, TV, fire); Dining (seating for 10); Breakfast Bar / Reading Room
Gourmet kitchen with new Italian range 6 burner stove; central preparation island; walk-in larder; fully equipped
Over 1000 feet of external decking wrapping around the entire house; outside dining with new Weber BBQ grill; additional patio seating
Private heated swimming pool / sun deck with full 'child' security
Wet Bar at the top of the Windmill with views over Nantucket Sound
Secure double garage plus parking for 5-6 cars immediately outside
Fully serviced: security alarm; central air conditioning / heating; cable TV; high-speed wireless internet; home office with desk / printer; family-size washer / dryer
Beach pass giving access to local resident-only beaches
Fernbrook Windmill is the ideal luxury destination for family holidays and reunions, special occasion get-togethers or girl-only get aways.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Craigville Beach 500 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Boston Logan International 90 km, Nearest railway: Hyannis 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 2 En suites and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (3), Cots (2), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 14|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Climbing frame|
|Further details indoors|
• 6 bedrooms / 4 bath – 3 King Size beds; 2 twins which both extend to doubles; children's room featuring 2 x 2 bunks; and 2 large infant cribs
• 3 reception areas: Family Room (cathedral ceiling, 3 sofas, TV, fire); Dining (seating for 10); Breakfast Bar / Reading Room
• Gourmet kitchen with new Italian range 6 burner stove; central preparation island; walk-in larder; fully equipped
• Over 1000 feet of external decking wrapping around the entire house; outside dining with new Weber BBQ grill; additional patio seating
• Wet Bar at the top of the Windmill with views over Nantucket Sound
• Secure double garage plus parking for 5-6 cars immediately outside
• Fully serviced: security alarm; central air conditioning / heating; cable TV; high-speed wireless internet; home office with desk / printer; family-size washer / dryer
• Beach pass giving access to local resident-only beaches
|Further details outdoors|
The house is hidden 250 yards back from historic Main Street, within walking distance of Centerville's famous Four Seas Ice Cream and 1856 Country Store.
Sitting centrally in over an acre of private landscaped gardens - created by Frederick Law Olmstead, designer of New York's Central Park – it features:
• Two large interconnecting ponds attracting ducks, turtles, geese, and bullfrogs depending on the season
• Shaded 0.5 acre garden overlooking the ponds, with rope swing and relaxed seating
• A heart-shaped Japanese-inspired rose garden
• Private, secure 'family garden' with tree house
• Opposite a well-maintained children's playground and baseball diamond
The New England region
New England - the birthplace of America - is filled with rich history, cultural attractions, fascinating cities, scenic villages, and outdoor adventures at every turn.
Discover white sand beaches, and lighthouses, brilliant fall foliage, expansive lakes, panoramic mountain views, and dockside resturants with delicious seafood chowder, lobster, and blueberry pie.
In New England, you'll find a wealth of diverse travel experiences within just a few hours drive of Boston's Logan International Airport.
The Fernbrook Windmill is perfectly located close to Boston and Rhode Island; the Cape’s hub of Hyannis and nearby Kennedy Compound; and the islands of Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket
• 0.1 mile to Four Seas Ice Cream
• 0.3 miles to Craigville Beach
• 2 miles to Mid Cape Shopping Mall
• 3 miles to in Hyannis town and harbor
• 4 miles to whale watching from Barnstable Harbor
• 6 miles to Mashpee Commons open air mall
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
5 Aug 2014
"Perfect House for our first Cape Cod vacation!"
We rented Fernbrook Windmill for part of our vacation with another family comprising 4 adults and 4 children aged 8-10. We had a great time. The house is beautiful and set in stunning grounds and … More
28 Jul 2014
"Stunning,well appointed house in a perfect location"
We had the most perfect,relaxing holiday in this house.We were a party of 10 and there was everything you need (and much more) for a wonderful holiday.The location could not be better with quick and e… More
7 Jul 2014
"Great house - terrific for young kids!!!"
We have rented this house for the last 3 years and its been amazing!! We have three small kids and there is not one detail the owners overlooked. The home is very clean and well stocked with the essen… More
28 May 2014
"Beautiful house, perfect for a relaxing vacation"
We had a really lovely 3-day stay at this gorgeous house. Our group of 14 graduate students fit quite comfortably in terms of bedrooms and seating for dining/lounging/playing games. Highlights: Swimmi… More