Orange st, Heart of Canterbury
from £100 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £100 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Townhouse / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Availability Your dates are available
Townhouse / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
The property comprises of three double bedrooms, Large reception room, dining room, fully fitted kitchen, lovely bathroom with roll top bath and patio garden to the rear.As well as the historic attractions of Canterbury, there are plenty of things to do in the surrounding area.
The trendy fishing village of Whitstable is only 10 mins drive away, famed for its oysters and sea food or the beautiful Victorian seaside town of Broadstairs and stunning Botany Bay (England's best kept secret) only 20 mins drive. Closer to Canterbury are ancient woodlands, 2 fantastic wildlife parks and plenty of idyllic country villages and pubs serving local fayre. Further afield, Leeds castle and rail links to London.
Please note: As this property is located in the middle of the city, bars, restaurants and the theatre are in close proximty. Friday and Saturday nights can be busy.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Whitstable 7 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Gatwick 85 km, Nearest railway: Canterbury west 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
The Kent region
Kent is named 'Garden of England' and is full of historical sites and places of interest. Canterbury Cathedral which is located in the heart of Canterbury, is the birthplace of the church of England, Leeds Castle is only 30 mins drive away as well as Dover Castle, 20 mins drive away. We have what is called a micro climate in east kent and is usually much warmer than the rest of the uk with a plethora of beaches 10- 30 mins drive away.
There are plenty of local attractions including St Augustines abbey, the Canterbury Tales, the Rupert the bear museum for the children as well as three wildlife parks to choose from at wildwood which houses British wildlife old and new, Howletts wildlife park only 10 mins drive away and port lympne with its African wildlife experience only 20 mins drive away. The famous oyster seaside fishing town of whitstable is also only 10 mins drive away.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
13 Aug 2013
"Séjour dépaysant dans une maison typiquement anglaise"
Nous avons passé un très bon séjour dans cette charmante maison typiquement anglaise. On peut visiter Canterbury totalement à pieds car elle est très bien située (à proximité de tous les magasins, restaurants, cafés et monuments). A notre arrivée la maison était très propre. Le propriétaire est très sympa et disponible.
6 Aug 2013
"This very lovely house is perfectly located to visit the city by foot."
The contact to the hirer is very friendly and especially uncomplicated. The house is very nicely done up and clean and has a snugly seat in the garden from which you can hear the bells from the cathedral ringing. We enjoyed very much to walk only a few steps to the cathedral and the middle of pulsing life in the city. This is extra interesting for teenagers! The station is only 5 minutes to walk and the train to London is for families really reasonably priced. We enjoyed our stay very much.
31 Jul 2013
"Good and safe"
1) We've booked the appartament via http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk
2) The main criterias were - location in the city center and in a short walking distance from the English school for kids.
3) Our general impression is very positive.
- 2-4 minutes by walk to any location inside dountown
- 1 minute to Canterbury Cafedral
- 5 minutes from bus station
- 10-15 minutes (depends of way you are using)to Canterbury West rail station and the same to Canterbury East rail station
- huge range of pubs, restorances, cafe, fastfood etc. in a 5 minutes walking distance
- 3 big supermarkets in 5-10 minutes by walk and many small shops with huge variaty of international (East/West - European, Caucausian, Asia etc food and drincs)
Re apartaments itself:
- 3 bedrooms (1x double bed on the ground floor, 2 x doublebed on the second floor)
- guest room (first floor -includes 2x sofas and TV+ DVD)
- small (but very comfortable and equipped kitchen - gas-stove, middle range refrigerator, middle range deep freeze refrigerator, cofee-maker/kettler, washing mashine, sink, full range of kitchen ware)
- dining room (ground floor, conected to the kitchen)
- small, but convenient courtyard with BBQ (connected to the kitchen)
- 1 bathroom (bath+WC) - on the first floor
- 1 WC on the ground floor
Tipically the appartaments ideally fits for the family of 4-5 persones.
The house itself was built in 1860. Of cause now it is fully renovated, but still consist of the old English spirit and cosiness (which you can see in the movies). Somehow it is similar to the well known building located on Backerstreet 221B, London...
The owners are friendly and kindly. They have local partners from taxi-service and can help you also to arrange you transportation from-and -to airport with very attractive tarifs.
Few important notices:
1) appartaments location in the heart of the city means from time to time a bit noisy (Thirsday, Friday and Saturday) - because of pubs, resorances and night clabs. Tipically according the UK legislation all these services must finish they noisy work till 23-00 (11-00 pm).
2) please clarify with the owners the garbage-collecting schedule (because it is always differes depending of the local city rools)
3) don't forget to add some water to the flowers in the courtyard and you will enjoy their aroma and beauty
4) we've used tap-water for cooking - it is clean and safe
15 Nov 2012
"Lovely house in a great location"
We stayed here for 2 weeks and had a great time. The house was very charming and well located right in the middle of Canterbury, close to all the shops and some great little restaurants. Canterbury is a lovely city with lots of things do and all within walking distance.
We stayed with our 2 teenage boys who had a whale of a time.
The owner was very helpful and informative, we would recommend this property to anyone.
11 Jul 2012
"Central and lovely but very noisy part of town unfortunately!"
Lovely little terrace full of charm and close to the Cathedral, shops, cafes and restaurants. Unfortunately it was pretty noisy and would be easily fixed by some double glazing on the windows. We coul… More
26 Feb 2012
"A great place to stay"
The House was beautiful Georgian property very well maintained clean warm with all mobs cons. All the rooms were very of a good size, comfortable with a lot of light. Very welcoming to my family so recommend it being a very kid friendly property. The host was very nice informative of the area and gave us some very good tips on where to go in cantabury.nothing seemed a problem and made our stay very much stress free. Short walking distance to centre of town and historical sites, with great rester ants to boot. Highly recommended and we will be returning in the near future
30 Jan 2012
"lovely place clean and centrally placed"
I stayed with my wife, daughter and her husband with two children. The house was beautifully clean with all the modern fittings and items to make it a very pleasant stay. The house itself was very stlyish and impeccable in its standards. Within a stones throw of the catherdral and situated in the centre of the town a real gem.
17 Aug 2011
"A beautiful house in the town´s centre"
The house is very cozy, very well located and the owner very helpful.… More