Bajo La Maroma
from £43 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £43 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Availability Your dates are available
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
FABULOUS MOUNTAIN VIEWS: PRIVATE ANDALUCIAN VILLA WITH OWN POOL AND LARGE GROUNDS, IN TRANQUIL RURAL SETTING - SLEEPS 6
With open-plan living, sitting and kitchen areas, high vaulted ceilings, pine doors and window shutters this villa has a fabulous spacious feel and wonderfully combines the modern with the traditional.
Sitting and dining areas:
• sitting area with log fire, seating for 6, coffee and side tables and bookcase with Hi-fi (jack for connecting ipod - take your own lead), games, CD's books and information files.
• dining area with a large dining table and seating for 6
• newly fitted with modern units, double Belfast sink, ceramic hob, combination microwave/convection oven, fridge-freezer, electric kettle and toaster
• very well equipped with cooking utensils, tableware and even a selection of herbs and spices!
• 3 spacious double bedrooms, 1 with king bed and the others, each with 2 single beds
• large built-in pine wardrobes
• fans, hairdryer, chests of drawers, side tables, chairs and also some toys and items left for your considerate use
• bathroom 1: newly fitted in modern, rustic style with bath, shower, loo, wash-basin and fitted wooden shelving
• bathroom 2: en suite to main bedroom – newly fitted with loo, basin unit and shower; tiles chosen to mimic the red glow of evening sunlight on the mountain which is viewed from the window
2 gas heaters are available, but please note that these should never be used in a closed room.
• Private pool 8 x 5m with pool terrace, built-in BBQ and Arab bench
• extensive garden and grounds extensive garden and grounds which include olives, pomegranates, almonds, apricots, figs and herbs, in addition to specimen and natural trees and shrubs, cultivated and wild flowers
• back patio
• Moorish outdoor shaded chill-out / dining area
• tables and chairs, garden bench, parasol, sun-loungers
Things to do
This villa is suitable for families, friends and couples who will appreciate the tranquillity and wonderful views of the surrounding countryside but there is also a wide range of activities nearby for all of the family, including all the opportunities offered at the coast.
Of course you can always go nowhere…in spring listen to hoopoo, frogs and nightingales, find wild orchids and irises, smell the orange blossom on the terraces beneath the villa or gaze out on to the mountain-sides, covered with grape, almond, citrus and avocados. In summer, you may prefer just to swim in the pool, sunbathe, or sit in the shade of the carob tree, hear the goats and sheep, with their bells, as they meander across the hillsides and watch shooting stars by night.
If you enjoy nature, bird-watching, photography, painting or writing, then the world is your oyster.
All in all, if you want peace and tranquillity, with things to do close at hand, this is the place for you.
At Bajo La Maroma, there is something for everyone. Aproveche!
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Torre del Mar 20 km|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Malaga 53 km, Nearest railway: Malaga 50 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||King Beds (1), Single beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Andalucia region
The villa is in a rural location just outside the historic, white, hillside village of Canillas de Aceituno which has Moorish origins.
Within 30 minutes:
• lots of local walks including to: the village, with ancient Moorish buildings and water cisterns dating from 15th century; the bat cave and water spring; the surrounding hills and vineyards
• the lovely traditional town of Velez Malaga and outside it, El Ingenio mall with hypermarket, department store, various shops, bars and restaurants and fitness centre and multiplex cinema.
• the beach and coastal resort of Torre del Mar
• Lake Vinuela, water-park, go-karting, golf, tennis
Under an hour:
• huge, amazing caves at Nerja with prehistoric remains
• beaches galore – from Malaga to the Costa Tropical with cliff-backed beaches, scuba diving, wind-surfing, kite surfing, para-gliding, jet-ski, fishing
• hot springs just outside the historical town of Alhama de Granada, set in rolling hills, with Moorish quarter - you can arrange accompanied mountain and gorge walking, mountain biking, and a variety of adventurous activities.
• Malaga Botanical Gardens and the old city centre, Picasso Museum, castle and many other sights
• Swimming at Lake Bermejeles (15mins from Alhama de Granada)
• Granada with its famous Alhambra Palace, Cathedral and flamenco district
• the ancient town of Ronda with beautiful buildings, famous bullring and a spectacular gorge
• flamingos at Fuente de Piedras
• Gibraltar, Seville, and Cordoba
There are many festivals throughout the year in Andalucia, including, in the village: Dia del Morcilla (free sausage and beer), San Isidro (where the ladies wear beautiful flamenco dresses and there is free paella and beer) and the 3 day August Fiesta; at Easter, impressive processions in Velez Malaga and the re-enactment of the Passion in Rio Gordo; in July, the International Jazz Festival at Almunecar to name but a few.
Canillas De Aceituno
Canillas de Aceituno falls under the municipality of Velez Malaga within the province of Malaga.
It is an old, typical, white, hillside village which dates back to the Moors.
It shelters beneath the largest mountain in the Axarquia area of Andalucia, La Maroma (hence the name of our villa, Bajo La Maroma - 'Beneath Maroma'. For good walkers, Maroma can be accessed from the village.
In the village (2 mins drive) you will find a variety of shops for all your supplies and a range of bars and restaurants. Free wifi is also available.
Note that the last couple of hundred metres to the villa are on unpaved road. If there is heavy rain this can deteriorate, but only once in 15 years of rental have guests chosen to park 50m up the hill outside Heather's (the cleaner's) house. There are permanent residents just beyond our villa and they move up and down the hill by car daily.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
19 Aug 2015
"Peace Quiet Tranquility, lovely house & pool."
If you want to escape, this is a fantastic place. The villa is lovely and situated in hills with olive trees. There is no noise, a very quiet area. The pool is great (but no shallow end), the villa is decorated in typical Spanish style. There is a BBQ by the pool. Honestly can not fault the whole house and pool. Perfect place to unwind and just relax. The town is lovely, a couple of small shops and the supermarket is a short drive down the hills (great views). It has everything you need except internet. We gave it 5 out of 5. My 11 year old gave it 9 out of 10, and would have given it 10 if it had internet! We will be returning here one day because for us it is a perfect respite...
Thanks for your great review and I'm glad you enjoyed the villa and surroundings as much as we do! I agree, it would be useful to have internet and we continue our search for a suitable provider. Having said that, the advantages are that you're forced to relax, and if you really need it, you can just drive 2 minutes to Maroma bar/restaurant in the village and take some light refreshment at the same time! Please do come again, when you'll be able to take advantage of our returners' discount.
16 Jun 2013
"scenery was amazing!"
We loved your villa - the setting is beautiful and it was so relaxing to get away from it all. We thought we'd do lots of sight-seeing but in the end we didn't do much - we were happy to stay by the pool and wander around locally. We enjoyed the food at the Bodegon in the village, but best was having a BBQ by the pool most nights and watching the stars! Thanks so much. We hope to be back.
You're booking with
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:03 Sep 2015
Based in United Kingdom