Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Villa Irene 1 is built in authentic Balinese style. It is part of our small family resort, situated on Bali’s untouched East coast. All our homes are made with respect for the environment and the Balinese culture. Our gardens end where the ocean starts.
The resort is on the ocean and situated amongst flowering green gardens and many water features that cool and freshen the tropical ecology that we have tried to nurture. Because we are sure it nurtures us in return.
Privacy amidst the winding gardens is guaranteed because with our four Bale Bengongs (gazebo's) there is always a comfortable place to relax.
You are very welcome to take meals in the comfort of our open air restaurant prepared to European cleanliness standards by our fully trained staff. We also have a beach front gazebo annex restaurant which invites you to enjoy the beauty of sea-side dining and also as a special treat watch many of the Balinese ceremonies with gamelan music that happen almost daily.
Early mornings are special in Villa Irene because of the often beautiful sunrises above the mountains of Lombok in the distance. From the resort you will be able to enjoy the hundreds of catamaran boats of the fishermen.
Villa Irene has been providing a wonderfully natural Balinese experience to our thousands of guests over the last 13 years. The new guests and those that have returned again and again all love our nearness to nature, Balinese culture, healthy food and the various (and sometimes noisy) songs of nature, sung by our very own frogs, geckos and birds. Villa Irene tries to follow in the ancient Balinese tradition of inviting nature in to live with us.
Much of what we earn from your stay will go towards improving the local Balinese community and those that are in need. Should you wish to see some of our projects when you are here please just ask our staff.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||White sand beach 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Ngurah Rai International Airport (2 hours by car) 80 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Video player, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Table tennis, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Dining seats for 16|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Further details indoors||
All the beds have mosquito nets.
The bathrooms are nicely decorated and all have hot water.
|Further details outdoors||
The property is set on 2500 sqm of land, looking over the Indian Ocean, adjacent to Jasri Beach, a special location for Hindu ceremonies of the people of the surrounding villages.
The 10m x 6m swimming pool is situated in the rich tropical garden, with outdoor lounge chairs and umbrella covered teak tables and chairs.
Four bale bengongs are placed on the property, providing further areas for relaxation.
Have an outdoor massage from our experienced masseuse in our In House Spa.
Enjoy our well prepared breakfast with homemade bread, fresh fruits, yoghurt and more in the bale bengong overlooking the ocean. Surely you will have the opportunity to watch daily life in a small fishermen’s village and to witness the colourful ceremonies.
Security lighting is throughout the residence gardens.
English speaking representatives are on hand to assist and advise about daily activities and sightseeing tours - our driver is also very knowledgeable and speaks excellent English.
An ATM machine is 5 minutes away.
Wheelchair access is possible in some of the villa’s but the residence is not specially adapted.
The Bali/Lesser Sunda Islands region
• Trekking to Mount Agung (3142 meters high). Only for experienced people. Distance: about 30 km.
• Pura Besakih, Mother Temple of Hinduism (Balinese) a vast temple complex playing a major role in the religious life of every Balinese. Distance: 36 km.
• Tirta Gangga – Water Palace with temple and beautiful ancient baths. Distance: 5 km
• Ujung – Water Palace rebuilt by the World Bank. Distance: 5 km
• Pantai Pasir Putih (White sand beach) one of the most well-known beaches on the island. Distance: 5 km
• At Amlapura's authentic tropical market you will find all kinds of fruits and local products.
• Tenganan – 15 km, the original Bali Aga village (living museum) and a good place to find local textiles such as double ikat and to do trekkings through the rice fields.
• Blue Lagoon – near Padang Bai, about 20 km a fantastic place to go snorkelling – we recommend a local fishing boat trip for the day.
• Amed & Tulamben – about 15 km away are famous for snorkelling and diving. Enthusiast divers can dive to the wreck of the USS Liberty.
• Padang Bai – 23km, the main port facility for trips to the other islands around Bali – Lombok, Gillis, Nusa Lembongan.