from £51 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
Chalet | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 6
Big new house with pool, garden at 5 minutes to the beach (6 persons) in a quiet residential Can Picafort. The beautiful and bright home is situated in a quiet residential area in Can Picafort. The house is located 5 minutes from the beach, and also close to shops, restaurants, bars and supermarkets.
A perfect place to live the Mediterranean life, to organize excursions to the nearby beaches, to practice some sports like trekking, horse riding, Golf (the newest Majorcan golf course is at just 10 km), water sports,... or just enjoy the Mediterranean life in a quiet ambience with a private swimming pool and garden and only 5 minutes walking to the beach and restaurants area. A big house 6/7 persons perfect to come with the all family.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Can Picafort 1 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Son Sant Joan 70 km, Nearest railway: Sa Pobla 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Table tennis, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
Casa Abel is a new house built and complete equipped in 2008. The swimming pool, the ping pong area, the garden and patio gives us the welcoming on the entrance. Then we can go inside the house straight to the hall or through the kitchen. The kitchen built in natural wood is fully equipped and includes a fire place. There is breakfast table on the kitchen, another big table outside in front of the swimming pool for enjoying the summer breakfast and a third table in the dining room. Also in the dining room you will find the hall with the sofa area and a TFT 42'' television with satellite channels. About the bedrooms you will find 3 of them fully equipped and bright: one room with one queen size bed -180cm x 200 cm-, and two more rooms with two double beds each room -90cm x 200cm. There is also two bathrooms.
Outside you will find a private swimming pool (4x8 mt.) and a garden with grass, flowers and Mediterranean trees. There is also an orchard with products such us tomatoes, lettuce ... Ping-pong table available.
For the winter months there is a heating and for hot summer days the air conditioning.
|Further details outdoors|
Private swimming pool of 4 x 8 meters
Mediterranean garden with grass, flowers and Mediterranean trees
Orchard with typical products such us tomatoes, lettuce
About this location
The Balearic Islands region
Can Picafort is was small fishing port, which nowadays has become a quiet touristy place that still keeps the essence of what it was. There is an interesting pedestrian path of few kilometers that goes all around the coast line (beach, port with sports boats and some old traditional fishing boats, and rocky area). In the other hand you will find many terraces, bars and restaurants from where take a pleasant aroma with a breeze, the best fish restaurants, ice cream parlours and clothing stores.
In Can Picafort, not far away from the house, you will find some special beaches such as Son Baulo (sandy beach with some other small and empty beaches and the rest of Son Real the phoenician civilization on mallorca) or Es Comu (the beach that belows to the natural park of S'Albufera) or simply the main beach of Can Picafort where you will find many options to enjoy the beach and attractions.
About beaches you can also find some other really interesting at both sides of Can Picafort, Arta and Alcudia, both places at less than 20 minutes driving.
But if there is somewhere to visit for nature lovers and S'Albufereta S'Albufera are two of the largest wetlands of ecological importance of the Balearic Islands, and its environs, and that meet an interesting plant and animal life.
At 2 miles from the house you can find the rest of Son Real, the phoenician culture in Mallorca, also there are some talaiots where the ancient Majorcan lived more than 2000 years ago. At 10 miles from the house you will find the old town of Alcúdia, called the faithful city in Christian times, the name is Arabic and Roman footprint. A past forged between them in a privileged enclave in the north of Mallorca. Situated close to the Sierra de Tramontana, Alcúdia has his back to the farm and rural Mallorca, and bathe his feet the waters of two bays, the north of Pollença and Alcúdia east. Alcúdia is located in the middle of this area of contrasts, between the stone wall of the Serra and the sandy coves of the bay alcudiense between the north wind, sea and inland.
The surrounding of Casa Abel is plenty of options, attractions, activities to do and places to visit.
LOCAL PLACES TO VISIT:
- The phoenician rest of Son Real
- Talaiotical villages like Ses Paises
- The Roman city of Pollentia, founded in 123 BC
- The Roman theater, exceptional for being carved into the stone.
- City of Alcúdia medieval, walled enclosure within which lies the village of Alcudia.
- Fundación Yannick and Ben Jakober with an interesting collection of portraits of children.
- Monographic Museum of Pollentia.
- Museum of the Parish Church of Sant Jaume.
- Natural Park S'Albufera. The biggest natural park of the Balearic Island at only 3 miles.
- Natural Park S'Albufereta.
INTERESTING BEACHES IN THE SURROUNDINGS:
- Can Picafort beach which is a part of the Bay of Alcudia, the biggest fine sandy beach of the Balearic Island is just downstairs. In this beach you will find many facilities and services (sunbeds, umbrellas, sailing school, attractions, bars, parking, restaurants, and many attractions specially recommend for the children)
- Quiet beaches such Son Baulo and surroundings and Es Comu.
- Naturist beaches as Es Coll Baix.
- Windy beaches for practising sports such windsurfing or kite-surfing as Platja de Muro or Can Cap de Bou
ACTIVITIES AND SPORTS:
- Horse riding during the day or night in the surroundings
- Walk along the protected areas of Ermita de la Victoria, and Penya S'Atalaia des Migdia (highly recommended)
- Excursion to the Caves of Menorca by boat (underground caves unexplored)
- Hidropark water park (slides, wave pool, miniature golf, ... )
- Costa Cruises to sail north. There are boat trips (cruises Brisas)
- Alcanada Golf Course, 18 holes opened in 2004
- Hang-gliding and paragliding from Puig de Sant Martí (mountains where thermal currents allow the practice of these sports)
- Marinas and Donaire of Can Picafort, Alcudiamar,...
- Cycling (starting point to climb the Serra de Tramuntana, Alcúdia has areas with bike lane)
- Municipal sports facilities (soccer field artificial turf, covered pavilion with terraces, swimming pool deck building, gym, ...)
SURROUNDINGS OF THE HOUSE:
Enjoy the small fishing port of Can Picafort and walk around the pedestrian path that goes all around the coast line. Enjoy the terraces, bars and restaurants from where take a pleasant aroma with a breeze, the best fish restaurants, ice cream parlours and clothing stores.
Enjoy the beaches such as Son Baulo, Es Comu or the main beach of Can Picafort where you will find many options to enjoy the beach and attractions.
Enjoy the fiestas and celebrities that goes on during all the summer in Can Picafort and the surroundings.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
31 May 2014
"Spacious, well located and loved the pool."
We enjoyed our week here, even early in the season the kids were in the pool every day. Having a proper kitchen is important to us and this had all we needed plus a very good sized lounge diner and p… More
31 Jul 2011
"Lovely villa, fab location, great for families, so much to do."
We were a family group with young children and the villa was spacious, perfectly equipped and the location was marvellous. We really enjoyed the small town with it's shops, restaurants, activitie… More
You're booking with
Tolo San Pedro (Property Manager Bartolome Llabres San Pedro)
- 5 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:01 Mar 2015
Based in Spain