Farmhouse | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Tregray is a superb traditional farmhouse 5 miles inland on the North Cornish coast. If you are looking for somewhere for a great family holiday, or for a short break with friends, with lots to do on the doorstep and an opportunity to get away from it all, look no further!
Set in 4 acres of private land, the house has a field for football or rounders, a treehouse with a 35 metre zip wire, a giant 16 foot trampoline set into the ground, some marshland, some woodland, a tree swing, and a stream. There is plenty to explore at Tregray and no need to jump in the car everyday. This is a very peaceful spot where you can curl up on a comfortable sofa in one of the sitting rooms in front of a woodburning stove, sit and eat or relax outside on the terrace, gather around the kitchen table or head off to explore locally.
The house is about a ten minute drive to some beautiful beaches, (Crackington Haven, Trebarwith Strand, Bossiney) and lots of stunning coastal walks. The picturesque fishing village of Boscastle and market towns of Camelford and Bude are a similar distance away. Port Isaac and Polzeath are about a twenty minute drive.
Visit the English Heritage site Tintagel Castle, or the Arthurian Centre, or sign up for surf lessons at Trebarwith, or kayaking or kitesurfing with Outdoor Adventure in Bude. Go riding at Lakefield Equestrian Centre. Scramble up Rough Tor, the highest point in Cornwall or head off to picnic and paddle in the streams on Bomin Moor or Dartmoor. How about an outing to Trethorne or Crealy Adventure Parks, bike riding on the Camel Trail cycle route, a visit to a local National Trust House, or even The Eden Project?
There are gardens to visit, and miles of the beautiful South West Coast Path to walk. We have seen dolphins, seals and basking sharks as well as numerous birds and birds of prey, and glorious wild flowers. Even after eleven years there is still so much that we have not yet managed to do, but would like to!
When you need provisions, Tregray is only 2 miles from a village shop and pub. There is a local smokehouse and delicatessen and a farmshop as well as an excellent butcher and pasty shop in Camelford. There are also local supermarkets, a good selection of local restaurants and pubs and even an award winning vineyard, Camel Valley.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Crackington Haven/Trebarwith Strand/Bossiney|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Newquay, Nearest railway: Exeter|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Table tennis, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Trampoline|
|Further details indoors|
* A fully equipped kitchen with a Range (electric double oven and gas hob), microwave, Bose CD/Hi-Fi, under counter fridge and a dining area that will comfortably seat 10 people. Highchair.
* Utility room with an additional fridge freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, butlers sink and a downstairs loo.
* Two sitting rooms both with woodburning stoves + logs, Wi-Fi throughout, DVD/TV in one room, Telephone in both, bookshelves full of books, chess and backgammon.
* Two double bedrooms with king size beds, one with tv and telephone.
* Third bedroom with two single beds and a third pull out single bed with proper mattress.
* Fourth bedroom with a single bed
* Good quality cotton sheets, duvets, pillows and towels included
* Family bathroom with sink, bath and loo.
* Cot for infant, bedding not provided
|Further details outdoors|
* Set in 4 acres of private land
* Large south facing slate terrace with bbq, table, chairs, parasol and garden furniture for eating outside
* Simple garden and lawns
* Small woodland area with tree swing
* Field with mown pathways and an area for football, rounders etc.
* Large treehouse with 35 metre zip wire
* Giant 16ft trampoline set at ground level
* Outdoor table tennis table
* Stream (some distance from the house)
* Surf boards, boogie boards, buckets and spades
- all for use at your own risk!
The West Country region
North Cornwall is famous for its stunning coastal scenery, rugged moorland and unspoilt countryside. It enjoys a mild coastal climate.
Historically an area famous for its tin mines and smugglers, now it is probably best known for its beautiful beaches and great surfing.
Traditionally Cornwall has been associated with the legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, making Tintagel Castle and Island a fascinating place to visit!
There are numerous local attractions and interesting places to go to, from traditional fishing villages to National Trust houses and coastline, or world famous Cornish centres like the Eden Project, and the Lost Gardens of Heligan.
Visit beautiful local beaches including Crackington Haven, Trebarwith Strand, and Bossiney.
Popular Polzeath beach, Daymer Bay and Rock are only 20 minutes away.
Walk the stunning South West Coast Path or climb nearby Rough Tor, the highest point in Cornwall.
Try numerous exciting activities with Outdoor Adventure in Bude or take advantage of the local Adventure Parks and Leisure Centres.
Go riding at Lakefield Equestrian Centre or bike riding along the Camel Trail cycle route.
Explore the picturesque harbour of Boscastle.
Visit Tintagel Castle and Island or the Arthurian Centre.