from £108 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Recently refurbished, Rose Cottage offers a high standard of accommodation, with modern comforts in a traditional stone cottage. A scenic setting in the tranquil hamlet of Caldbergh in Coverdale, 3 miles from Middleham dominated by its Norman castle, and with shops, pubs and restaurants. 'The Forbidden Corner' - the unique labyrinth of tunnels, chambers and surprises is just over a mile away, and just over the hill lies Wensleydale and Aysgarth Falls, leading on to Hawes and Kettlewell. Beautiful walks taking in renowned dining pubs in East Witton, Carlton, and West Witton are all easily accessible from the cottage. Beyond East Witton is the historic Jervaux Abbey, and the route continues to Masham famous for its brewery. The town of Leyburn, renowned for its weekly market and auction house is about 5 miles away.
Rose Cottage has been fully refurbished and has central heating throughout, and with 3 good sized bedrooms and 2 modern bathrooms offers flexible and comfortable accommodation. A cosy living room with wood burning stove, modern kitchen with granite worktops, spacious dining room, garden with table and chairs makes it the perfect base to enjoy the Dales.
• Master bedroom with king sized bed and built in wardrobes, full length mirror
• Large twin bedded room with two single beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers
• Single bedroom with lovely view over the dale and Penhill
• Bathroom with WC, basin and large shower cubicle. Heated towel rail.
• Cosy living room with exposed wooden beams and fireplace with wood burning stove, three piece suite comfortably seating six, flat screen TV and DVD player. Book shelves and cupboard with information for walks and sight seeing in the surrounding area
• Dining room with original wooden ceiling, with large oak dining table and seating for six, mahogany dresser.
• Large modern and airy kitchen with granite worktops equipped with ceramic induction hob, oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer. Access to the back garden and views over the dale.
• Utility Room with integrated Washing Machine and Tumble Dryer.
• Bathroom with WC, basin and large bath with overhead shower. Heated towel rail.
• Entrance Hall / Porch, heated space for hanging coats and keeping outdoor shoes and walking boots.
• There is a one step difference between some rooms
There is a private garden outside with table and chairs. Off-street parking for up to two cars and a small barn in the garden can be used for storing bicycles
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (3), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
About this location
The Yorkshire region
The Yorkshire Dales is home to over 1,500 square kilometres of the renowned Yorkshire Dales National Park, which is characterised by its unspoilt Dales villages, patchwork of dry stone walls and stunning fells and dales countryside. It has outstanding scenery, a range of wildlife habitats and a rich cultural heritage.
Visitors are able to travel for miles along quiet country roads, surrounded by magnificent views in every direction; an area dotted with ancient farming communities and rural villages which is typical of this region.
This area is perfect for a truly relaxing holiday away from all the stresses and strains of day to day life, where you rediscover a gentler pace of life. It's also great for enjoying a whole host of outdoor pursuits including some of the very best walks in the UK and is a haven for wildlife.
The pretty hamlet of Caldbergh is a traditional small farming community situated in Coverdale. It is quiet with no through traffic and has views across the dale to Penhill. Caldbergh is close to Middleham renowned for it's castle and racing stables and the market town of Leyburn with shops, tourist office and auction house and has good access into Wensleydale. Travelling west up the dale leads to the village of Kettlewell in Upper Wharfedale, another lovely walking area.
There is a community owned pub – The Foresters - in the nearby village of Carlton and plenty of good restaurants nearby including The Blue Lion at East Witton and The Wensleydale Heifer in West Witton. The Forbidden Corner is a little over a mile away across the dale. This area is ideal for outdoor pursuits especially walking and cycling and is an ideal base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales and the whole of North Yorkshire. Aysgarth Falls, Hawes on the Pennine Way, Bolton Castle, Jervaux Abbey and Fountains Abbey are all within easy reach.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
30% Response rate
Calendar last updated:14 Nov 2014
Based in United Kingdom