Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
The apartment is located in the picturesque fishing village of Cabanas which is part of the Eastern Algarve's Ria Formosa, a protected landscape lagoon and nature reserve. Cabanas itself is 4km from Tavira Town one of the main centres of the Eastern Algarve. The beach at Cabanas is undoubtably one of the finest unspoilt beaches in the Eastern Algarve with it's miles of golden sands and clear waters.
The apartment itself is centrally located within walking distance to the water taxis which takes you across the lagoon (2 mins) to the beach. Close to main amenities including local supermarkets, fish and fruit markets, children's playgrounds and many cafes, bars and restuarants dotted along the 2km beautiful boardwalk which spans the length of the whole village.
The apartment is based on the First floor of a three storey complex with a shared salt water pool and children's pool. In addition, there is a pool bar which is open during high season offering light snacks, drinks, free wifi and use of a pool table.
The apartment has two separate bedrooms (one double room, one with 2 single beds) and a sofa bed in the living area (suitable for one adult or two small children). Fully furnished, the interior is very spacious with sliding door balcony to the front and a separate balcony off the bedrooms at the back. There are fitted wardrobes in each room and the apartment also has two bathrooms (one ensuite).
The lounge/dining room has two sofas (one is the above mentiond sofa bed), coffee table and TV. There is a dining table and seating for 6 people. The kitchen is fully fitted with ceramic hob, a full size oven, cooker hood, microwave oven, fridge, separate freezer, washer/drier, kettle, toaster and coffee maker, iron and ironing board. The main bathroom has a bath with shower over, w.c, bidet and wash basin. The ensuite bathroom has a w.c., wash basin and shower.
At the front balcony there is outdoor seating area and an inbuilt BBQ.
1) 25% Deposit is required at time of booking and remainder of rental due eight weeks before your stay.
2) Cleaning is provided on change over days. A change of bed linen and towels is provided midway through two week stays. (If additional cleaning is required please advise the apartment manager and is payable locally)
3) A returnable breakage deposit is required at time of booking of €100 which will be returned within two weeks of departure (subject to
satisfactory property inspection)
4) Smoking in the apartment is not allowed (smoking is permitted outside on the balconies only)
6) Beach towels are not provided.
7) *** To facilitate cleaning on changeover days, the apartment must be vacated by 10.00am (unless agreed with owner beforehand) on your day of scheduled departure. Check in is at 4pm. ****
8) Free WiFi is available at the pool bar (not in the apartment)
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Cabanas beach 300 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Faro Airport 35 km, Nearest railway: Conceicao 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, TV, Pool or snooker table, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
The Algarve region
The apartment is located a short distance from the town of Tavira. Tavira is one of the prettiest towns in Algarve and remains remarkably unspoiled. Its biggest pleasure is wandering through the old town observing a myriad of architectural details (such as distinctive pyramid-shaped rooftops), its over-three-dozen churches and fine 18th century mansions on both sides of the Gilão River, which are linked by a Roman bridge.
You can also visit the ruins of a 13th century castle and the Santa Maria do Castelo Church which stands adjacent to the castle which contains the tombs of crusading knights, and not too far away is the 16th century Misericordia Church with a beautiful Renaissance door and carved high altar.
A ferry connects the town to a marvelous sand dune island nearby, Ilha de Tavira, a beautiful island beach with warm waters excellent for swimming and bird-watching.
One of the benefits of holidaying in the Eastern Algarve is that you can experience the beauty of the unspoilt beaches without having to pay tourist resorts prices. Food and beverages are much lower in Cabanas than in the busier tourist resorts and are significantly cheaper than in Ireland or the UK.
Cabanas de Tavira
Cabanas is situated approx. 4km east of the town of Tavira. What was once a small fishing village with a handful of cafés, it is now a very popular relaxing beach holiday destination. The beach of Ilha de Cabanas is just a short boat trip across the waters of the lagoon of the Ria Formosa Nature Reserve. There are several water taxis along the front running frequent crossings to the beach. The water taxis not only go to the beach but also further afield to Tavira, Ilha de Tavira and Santa Luzia.
The Avenida Ria Formosa runs the length of the lagoon and where numerous family friendly cafes, bars and restaurants can be found. A boarded walkway runs the entire length of the Avenida (starting at the fishing port at the western end) and has seats and sunshades at intervals.
Cabanas is also only a 20 minute drive from the Spanish border. You can drive across the magnificent suspension bridge across the River Guadiana to view a traditional part of Spain where many Spanish choose for their holidays.
The nearest Railway Station is at Conceicao which is about a 10 minute walk from the apartment from which you can travel the length of the Algarve from Vila Real De Santo Antonio in the East to Lagos in the East.
There are two small supermarkets in Cabanas all within walking distance of the apartment (one is near pedras de rainha hotel, the other one is further down the road). There is a huge hypermarket in the shopping centre in Tavira as well as a Lidl and other larger supermarkets. There is a fruit & fish market every morning and two butchers shops in the village.
PLACES TO VISIT
1) Aquashow Waterpark in Quarteria near Villamoura which is about 40 min drive away. Is a hugely popular waterpark with great slides, playgrounds and wave pools as well as rollercoasters etc
2) Zoomarine Theme Park in Guia is another popular family day out. This large entertainment centre has an aquarium with sealion, dolphin shows, attractions and amusement rides etc www.zoomarine.pt
3) Tavira - is the nearest town which has several markets and festivals during the year as well as several catherals and churches.
4) You can get a train from Conceciao which is about at 10 minute walk away to Via Real de Sant Antonio which is the town closest to Spain or in the other direction to Faro or Lagos and other larger resorts in the Algarve.
5) As mentioned previously the Spanish border is about 20 minutes drive away and there are fabulous beaches such as Isla Cristina and the town of Ayamonte.
The Algarve is an extremely popular destination for golfers due to the region's warm climate and excellent courses located there. The Benamor golf course is located just five minutes away from the apartment and the Quinta Da Ria course is located 5km away. Another championship golf course location in the area is Monte Rei golf club.