from £193 /night help
Farmhouse | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 12
David & Karen welcome you to Jockhedge Farmhouse.
The beauty and simplicity of the country side, meets the elegance of Jockhedge Farmhouse.
The Farmhouse sits in 25 acres of green land and is situated in the village of Burgh Le Marsh in the foot hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds. 5 miles from the family sea-side resort Skegness. The farmhouse has been beautifully renovated in a country style with traditional oak beams, solid oak flooring with under-floor heating, a well equipped farmhouse style kitchen with double range oven, modern bathrooms and large dining room seating 16 with vaulted ceiling.
Also available for parties of 15 is an adjoining cottage which sleeps 3 (please see Lavender Cottage, Home no. 229498 (also on Holiday Lettings) which would be available at an extra cost.
The Farmhouse offers unspoilt views of the surrounding country side and is set in a quiet rural location away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. However should you want to keep in contact we have free Wi-Fi access.
The Farmhouse has private gardens with garden furniture and BBQ for those balmy summer evenings. Also available is an indoor hot tub spa area available free of charge for private bookings.
Guests are welcome to walk around our 4 acre Orchard and gardens. In our well stocked fishing lake are Carp, Bream and Tench visitors are welcome to fish free of charge. Children's adventure play area with swings see-saw and slide. Free cycle hire is available so you can feel free to explore the surrounding countryside.
* Parking area at rear of farmhouse for 6 cars.
* Entrance from rear parking area into spacious Kitchen and seating area with double Belfast Sink, double fridge freezer, Double Range Oven and Tiled Flooring. Double door entrance to:-
* Large Dining Room with vaulted ceilings, CD player and table seating up to 16 people.
* Door from kitchen leading to: Downstairs utility room with fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and downstairs toilet with wash hand basin.
Second door from kitchen leading to hallway and snug room with open fire and sofas seating 3 + 2.
* Double doors from hallway lead to spacious lounge with log-burner, sofas and queen-ann armchairs, 2 pouffes, television with freeview, iPod docking station/radio/CD player, DVD Blueray Player and views to front and side lawns.
Doors from halllway leading to:-
* Master Bedroom with Super King size bed, bedside cabinets, chest of drawers, television with freeview, DVD player, views over front lawns, chaise lounge and double doors leading to:-
* En-Suite Bathroom with freestanding roll top bath with shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin, toilet, spacious wardrobes and views to front lawns.
* Bedroom 2 with double bed, bedside cabinet, chest of drawers, television with freeview, views over rear gardens and door leading to:-
* En-Suite Shower Room with shower, pedestal wash hand basin, toilet, heated towel rail and wardrobe.
* Bedroom 3 with king size bed, bedside cabinets, chest of drawers, television with freeview, wardrobe and views over surrounding countryside.
* Bedroom 4, with kingsize bed, bedside cabinets, wardrobes and views of front gardens.
* Family Bathroom, bath with shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin and toilet.
Stairs leading from hallway to Second Floor:-
* Family bedroom with king size bed, two single beds, bedside cabinets, chest of drawers and velux windows overlooking rear gardens and surrounding countryside and television with freeview.
Door leading from hallway to :-
* En-Suite Bathroom with corner bath with shower attachment, pedestal wash hand basin, toilet and velux window overlooking surrounding countryside.
Please Note: Although we accept dogs in our Farmhouse we have a strict Maximum 2 dogs policy.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 5 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Humberside Airport 75.4 km, Nearest railway: Skegness Train Station 8.5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (5), Cots (2), Dining seats for 16, Lounge seats for 13|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Climbing frame, Swing set, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
The Lincolnshire region
Burgh le Marsh
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
3 Jan 2015
Stayed here at the farmhouse for three nights over new year and could not have enjoyed our stay any more. David and Karen we're really welcoming and accommodating. While we had to share the hot t… More
28 Dec 2014
We have a very large family and were looking for somewhere large enough to accommodate us all in one place.We came across Jockhedge farmhouse and cottages this time last year and decided to book it fo… More
2 Sep 2014
"Highly recommended large family & friends venue - thank you Jockhedge"
We had an exceptional time at Jockhedge enhanced by a heatwave. Farmhouse is luxury accommodation that easily swallowed 13 of us and all our gear. The shared outdoor play area was a big hit for the ki… More
7 Aug 2014
"Fantastic accomodation, friendly and welcoming environment"
This was the ideal location for a family holiday to meet the needs of three generations. The farmhouse is beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable. The welcome we received set the scene for a r… More
13 Jul 2014
"5 Star Perfect Cottage , Best Value for money Cottage in Burgh Le Marsh"
The owners of the Cottage ,Dave and Karen are very welcoming ,friendly helpful ,staff also.This place has everything ,you couldnt get better V.F.M. The cottage we stayed in was a proper authentic styl… More
9 Jul 2014
"A little piece of Heaven - Amazing"
Dave and Karen have created an amazing holiday experience - there was not one thing we would have looked for that was not supplied. The little touches of fresh flowers and fresh milk as well as goodi… More
20 Jun 2014
"Pure Chill Out"
Initially when we suggested Skegness as a holiday break we were met with silence by our friends but when we showed them Jockhedge that all disappeared..Staying as 4 couples plus our dog Noodles (made … More
12 May 2014
"Stylish elegance in peaceful surroundings"
We were a group of 12 friends, one baby and 3 dogs, and after all converging upon Skegness from various parts of the country, our travel worn eyes were greeted with the wonderful sight of lush green f… More
26 Feb 2014
We were a family of 3 adults with 6 children staying for a week of the February Half-term. The accommodation was beyond expectation in luxury and comfort. David, Karen and Rihanna were very welcoming … More
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Jockhedge in the near future. We are very pleased you had such a great time, even barbecuing in February in the wind! Thank you for your recommendations.
Karen & Dave
28 Oct 2013
We were 3 families of 4 with 6 children and 6 adults in total staying for a long weekend at the end of October. It was heavenly from start to finish. David and Karen were very welcoming and accommodat… More
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
80% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- Visit site
- 541 properties
- 88 properties
- 13 properties
- 10 properties
- Manton, Rutland
- 6 properties