The Barn Holiday Cottage
from £55 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £55 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Availability Your dates are available
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
David & Karen welcome you to Jockhedge, Lincolnshire's premier holiday cottages.
The beauty and simplicity of the country side, meets the elegance of Jockhedge cottages.
Jockhedge sits in 25 acres of green land and is situated in the village of Burgh Le Marsh in the foot hills of the Lincolnshire Wolds. 5 miles from the family sea-side resort Skegness. Jockhedge comprises of 6 Holiday Cottages (The Dairy, The Hayloft, The Barn The Stables, The Lavender and The Pine) which have been renovated from a 19th Century Red brick barns to a high quality standard.
Each cottage has been renovated in a country style with vaulted ceilings and traditional oak beams and features a well equipped kitchen and modern bathroom. Jockhedge holiday cottages offer unspoilt views of the surrounding country side and is set in a quiet rural location away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. However should you want to keep in contact we have free wi fi access.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Skegness 8.1 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Humberside Airport 75.4 km, Nearest railway: Skegness Train Station 8.5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player|
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Climbing frame, Swing set, Trampoline, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Secure parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
The Barn sleeps 3 + 1 child on a pull out single bed. This is a ground floor two bedroom cottage (Bedroom 1 with Queen size bed this is a zip and link bed which can also be used as twin beds. Bedroom 2 with single bed which is ideal for 1 adult or can be used for 2 children on a pull out floor bed.) Separate bathroom comprising of shower, wash hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail.Kitchen/Lounge/Dining Area comprising of high quality kitchen units with built in fridge/freezer, granite work tops, dishwasher, oven/hob, microwave, toaster, 1 three seater leather sofas and 1 chair, fire, Flat screen plasma TV, DVD player and CD/radio.We also supply Bathrobes, Linen and Towels for your use during your stay.
|Further details outdoors|
Each cottage has communal access to the Rose Court Yard with garden furniture and BBQ for use. Customers are welcome to walk around our 4 acre Orchard and gardens. In our well stocked fishing lake are Carp, Bream and Tench and visitors are welcome to fish free of charge. Childrens adventure play area with swings see-saw and slide. Free cycle hire is available so you can feel free to explore the surrounding countryside. Indoor Hot tub, available for private bookings. Each cottage also has access to the shared laundry room with washer, tumble dryer Iron and Ironing board.
The Lincolnshire region
The Lincolnshire Wolds are the highest point in eastern England between Yorkshire and Kent. The Wolds are designated and area of outstanding natural beauty. The fertile chalk hills have been shaped by agriculture for more than 4,000 years. The Countryside surrounding Jockhedge Holiday Cottages are ideal for walking and cycling on quiet lanes.
Burgh le Marsh
* Burgh Le Marsh - a short walk away from Jockhedge with local shops including Holmes family Butchers (highly recommended), Spar, Nisa, Co-Op and Post office. Just outside Burgh is Lyndhurst Garden Centre with farm shop where you can buy fresh local fruit and veg. In Burgh we also have the award winning restaurant "The Windmill" (www.windmillrestaurant.co.uk) and The Lakes Restaurant both highly recommended. Various pubs serving pub food and local ales.
* Skegness - Five miles away with various entertainments for all the family. Clean long beaches, fun fairs, crazy golf various cafes and shops. Skegness also offers excellent golf courses. Fairy Dell childs paddling pool area. Nature land the seal sanctury. Skegness water leisure where you can experience the thrills of water skiing on one of the UK's top facilities. An ideal way to cool off on those hot summer days but with wet suit hire to keep you warm on those bracing days. Gibraltar Point National Nature Reserve is an area of some 430 hectares comprising sandy and muddy seashores, sand-dunes, saltmarshes and freshwater habitats extending for a distance of about 3 miles along the Lincolnshire coast, from the southern end of Skegness to the entrance of the Wash.
* Ingoldmells - Five miles away with the themed family resort Fantasy Island, located on the coast near Skegness, with white-knuckle and family rides alike. Europes biggest outdoor market. Long sandy beaches. Butlins funcoast world with fantastic indoor and outdoor family pools. Hardys animal farm where you can see pigs being born in their specially glazed breeding unit, and feed the goats, cattle, and many other animals allowing the children to learn about modern farming and interact with animals in a safe and fun environment. The animal farm also have baby Lambs, Goats, Cows and Chicks being born throughout the year.
* Alford - Market town with craft markets, manor house and windmill. This ancient market town once served the farming community with its cattle market and produce auction. The lively market still continues every Tuesday. Alford now features the craft market on Tuesdays and Fridays through summer.
* Horncastle - is a bustling and attractive market town, renowned for its antique shops, with a fine heritage and unspoilt by modern developments. There are some notable historic buildings, including the 12th-century Church of St.Mary and it is a good base from which to explore the surrounding countryside. There is also a lovely country cycle path from Horncastle to the village of Woodhall Spa with monuments and various points of interest.
* Woodhall Spa - is a beautiful inland resort with an Edwardian character, set amidst magnificent pine woods. Regarded as one of Lincolnshire's most attractive villages. The village has a variety of attractions including two top class golf courses, the unique 'Kinema in the Woods', Cottage Museum, Jubilee Park outdoor heated swimming pool and several aviation heritage sites associated with 617 Squadron (the Dambusters).
* Louth - is a beautiful inland Georgian market town. The town has a variety of attractions including Hubbards Hills a beautiful walk and paddling area, Shops and market.
* The City of Lincoln - 1 hour drive from Burgh Le Marsh famous for the Cathedral where scenes from The Da Vinci Code were filmed. Take a tour of Lincoln Castle which where one of the four remaining copies of the original Magna Carta is securely displayed. With quaint cobbled streets, various boutique clothes, coffee and craft shops the city of Lincoln is well worth a visit. Nearby Rand Farm Park is a genuine working farm for children of all ages to enjoy. With a large variety of animals for you to hold, feed, touch and cuddle indoor heated play area, spacious tearoom and coffee bar.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
27 Jul 2013
"Idyllic.. A true gem of a location, comfort & hospitality"
From the moment you pull up Jockhedge Cottage is breathtakingly beautiful. A real labour of love and a peaceful haven where you can enjoy the best of everything. Karen & David are welcoming and warm. The cottages are clean, well maintained, well equipped, the bedding is luxurious. Fresh eggs from the barn, bikes, a hot tub, the lake, open fresh clean space, amazing people and beach only a short drive away. I visited with 2 kids aged 13 & 11, and they didn’t want to leave. What more could one want from a break away? Worth every penny. We are sure to be going again and again. You won’t find another place like it. Absolutely Amazing!!
Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are so glad you and your children had such a good time! We look forward to welcoming you back to Jockhedge in the near future and we are very glad we made your stay extra pleasant! Kindest Regards, Karen & Dave
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:17 Aug 2015
Based in United Kingdom
- +44 (0) 1754 810963
- +44 (0) 7736 974056