Cottage | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 5
Poacher Cottage forms part of a beautiful collection of early 19th Century listed buildings in an idyllic and unspoiled countryside setting. With Bude's award winning beaches and the sweeping North Cornwall coast within 10 minutes, plus the Ruby Country's walking, cycling, horse riding and fishing on the doorstep, Poacher Cottage is the perfect location for couples and families alike.
The cottage is set in 5 acres of formal gardens and established woodland where children can explore and adults can find their own quiet spot. On site there is also a children's play area, a laundry room, a games room, evening bar (by arrangement) and beach toys available for guests.
Warm fresh bread, croissants and pain au chocolat are available to order as breakfast baskets each morning, and a range of freshly cooked meals and matching wines are on offer - so you can enjoy your days knowing that the evening's catering for the family will be both easy and a treat!
Downstairs, Poacher has an open plan living/dining/kitchen area and a single bedroom. Upstairs is a master bedroom with a four poster bed and a twin room.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, CD player, Games room, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
- The living area has two comfortable sofas - a corner unit and a traditional two seater - plus a coffee table.
- The beamed ceiling adds to the charm of this room, with features such as wall lights, a fireplace with an electric woodburning stove and pictures adding a welcoming touch.
- Entertainment is provided by a T.V. with Freeview, DVD player and a DAB hi-fi system (including an mp3 player input).
- Selection of books available for guests.
- Wi-Fi is also available.
- The kitchen is equipped with all the essentials, including a free-standing cooker, fridge with ice-making compartment and plenty of work surface.
- There is a microwave, kettle, toaster and a coffee maker.
- Utensils and crockery are also provided along with a selection of pans.
- A pine dining table and four chairs are provided, with an additional chair being available for meal times.
- Has a double bed, two chests of drawers and a built-in wardrobe.
- Individual lamps are provided on either side of the bed, and the warmth of the room is enhanced by pictures.
- Has two single beds and ample storage space.
- There is a central four-drawer chest between the beds with two lamps.
- A curtained shelf with a mirror and lamp above provide further storage space and a built-in wardrobe provides hanging space.
- Single bedroom, with a bedside lamp, chest of drawers and a mirror.
- Central to the bathroom is a fabulous double Jacuzzi bath, with a shower over. Additionally, there is a washbasin and w.c., mirror and shaver socket/light.
|Further details outdoors|
Located just a few miles from the beach.
Heated outdoor swimming pool (4'8" deep and is available from May to the end of September).
5 acres of formal communal gardens and established woodland.
Children's play area.
A laundry room.
A games room.
3 bedroom cottage, sleeps 5. Open plan living area with exposed beams and stone. Includes a four poster bed and a double whirlpool bath. Heated outdoor pool and tennis court.
The West Country region
North Cornwall includes some of Britain’s most popular holiday destinations, and the North Cornwall holiday lends itself to sporting holidays, family beach breaks, or those seeking a little bit of everything. With Bude and Newquay's excellent surf, the landscapes of Bodmin and the glamour of Rock, North Cornwall has something for everyone.
A charming North Cornwall coastal town, Bude is as diverse as it is beautiful. With history dating back to early Christian settlers, Bude became popular as a seaside resort in Victorian times. Today, Bude is a vibrant coastal town famous for its excellent surfing conditions and its picturesque countryside scenery. Bude boasts plenty to enjoy during your stay, ranging from active pursuits, such as golf, horse riding and surfing, to more laid back offerings such as a day at one of four beaches, numerous guided walks and two military museums in the area.
Bude is blessed with a number of fine restaurants, cosy Inns and pleasant bistros, as well as a quaint town centre with a varied range of shopping options. Numerous castles and stately homes are in to be found in and around the area to be explored, while just off the coast Lundy Island is a fascinating haven of wildlife and peaceful, unspoilt landscapes.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:20 Aug 2014
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 415 properties
- 349 properties
- 129 properties
- 109 properties
- Westward Ho
- 94 properties
- 82 properties
- Port Isaac
- 57 properties
- 55 properties
- 53 properties
- 42 properties
- 30 properties
- 28 properties
- Crackington Haven
- 20 properties
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- St Teath
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- 6 properties