Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
Orchard Cottage is set in a quiet street yet just a very short stroll takes you directly to the village centre. Ideal for indulgent or romantic breaks for couples, families or just friends young or not so young. Broadway is a convenient centre from which to explore the many picture postcard villages, historic buildings, Shakespeare's birthplace and Winchcombe's Sudely Castle ,once home to Henry VIII's wife Catherine Parr, is just 20 mins away.
A real boutique retreat, our GradeII listed cottage has just had a complete makeover and combines modern facilities including a wine fridge with a bottle of bubbly awaiting you) with old world features including a stone inglenook with woodburner for cosey evenings and discretely painted beams under a straw thatched roof.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Birmingham 45 km, Nearest railway: Evesham 7 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
- completely refurbished head to toe Orchard Cottage is a chic mix of old and new, maintaining many original features but complimented with contemporary furnishings and facilities.
-The kitchen dining area is perfect for anything from a lazy breakfast to Christmas lunch ( there's a full size oven, induction hob and integrated wine cooler. Enjoy winter evenings in front of the fire or alfresco dining in the garden.
-Bathroom facilities include an over bath thermostatic drench shower with as much hot water as you need any time of day.
|Further details outdoors|
- The sunny South facing garden has teak outdoor furniture and a BBQ, is laid to lawn and paved patio with cottage garden borders.
-Completely kid friendly
- Free parking is available in the street opposite and evening/overnight right outside.Garaging and off street parking is available to guests very nearby.
- we can even arrange for a personal chef to cook in or deliver to you luxury meals from chef's menu to your choice for a decadent touch!
- Arrival essentials and welcome pack including a bottle of wine in the chiller
- How to find us instructions , access details and useful info provided before arrival
The Central England/Cotswolds region
- Situated within Englands largest "Area of Outstanding natural Beauty" - the perfect holiday backdrop all year round . An absolutely unique environment of gently undulating hills and patchwork woodlands home to some of the finest countryside England has to offer .
- dotted with honey coloured cottages many of the local villages have remained largely unchanged for centuries, it's like stepping back in time but don't be deceived, the area boasts a huge range of gastro pubs, bistro restaurants, stylish shops in cultural hot spots like nearby Cheltenham and more celebrity residents than you can shake a stick at!
- Whether you're looking for a base to explore this fabulous area's history, Sudely Castle in nearby Winchcombe ( home and resting place of Catherine Parr, wife of Henry VIII ) , walk the Cotswold Way and lunch in a local pub, take the kids to The Cotswold Farm Park and visit the rare breeds or engage in some retail therapy in nearby Cheltenham Spa with it's famous literary festival and racecourse, home to the World famous Cheltenham Gold Cup or nip to Daylesford Organics for a treat - it's all on the doorstep.
- Broadway is the epitome of quintessential England, and if you want to simply soak up the atmosphere it will keep you entertained for days without the need to travel anywhere - watch out for morris dancers on the green and the tree lit street at Christmas is not to be missed.