The Mizzen - 1021
from £42 /night help
Cottage | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 3
New for 2010, the Mizzen is a cosy fisherman's cottage situated just a few minutes walk away from Brixham town centre and harbour. The property boasts panoramic views over the marina and out to sea.
A short leisurely walk leads down to Brixham's picturesque harbourside where you can watch the boats land their catch, or try your hand at crabbing. A fine selection of restaurants flank the harbourside offering fresh fish landed just yards away. From the harbourside, the shops and amenities of the town centre are within a few minutes walk.
The coastal path is easily accessed from the property, leading to a selection of beaches and coves, as well as the ever popular seawater swimming pool at Shoalstone.
Those looking to entertain the family should head to Paignton, home to a fine selection of attractions including Paignton Zoo, the UK’s 3rd largest zoo; the Paignton to Dartmouth Steam Railway and Quaywest waterpark.
Torquay is within a 9 mile drive and offers a variety of both independent shops and high street names, ideal for a spot of retail therapy. Torquay is also home to top attractions such as Living Coasts and the Babbacombe Model Village, as well as a good selection of facilities such as Ten Pin Bowling.
Please note: infants are not accepted due to stairs within the property.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Breakwater Beach 1.77 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter International Airport 51.98 km, Nearest railway: Paignton Railway Station 8.53 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||TV, CD player|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Further details indoors|
* The open plan living area is situated on the first floor with full width windows offering panoramic views over the marina and out to sea.
* Furnished with a pair of 2 seater sofas, TV with Freeview, DVD player and Hi-fi system.
* A selection of CDs, DVDs and board games are also supplied.
* There is also a glass-topped dining table complete with 4 matching chairs.
* The cottage style kitchen features an electric oven, hob and fridge.
* Full range of accessories and utensils including a microwave, toaster and kettle.
* The bedroom is situated on the ground floor and benefits from views over the outer harbour and out to sea.
* Furnished with a double bed, two bedside cabinets, chest of drawers and a wardrobe.
* The bedroom also features a single bed to accommodate one additional guest.
* The shower room features a shower cubicle, wash basin, mirror and wc.
|Further details outdoors|
* The property is accessed by 10 steps.
* Situated within a few minutes walk of the harbour, town centre and coastal path.
* Limited on street parking available in the area.
* Parking permits can be purchased for the nearby council owned car park. Please call 0844 561 2001 to arrange.
The English Riviera region
The county of Devon offers a patchwork of holiday styles, connecting the rugged open spaces of Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks, the sandy beaches of the English Riviera and little-known villages rich in custom and history. Blue Chip’s Devon holiday cottages are scattered throughout the county, so whichever the experience visitors are looking for from their Devon holidays, the chances are it can be found in one of our many locations.
* Devon’s Dartmoor National Park is the same size as London
* Devon is famous for its cream teas, made with clotted cream, scones and jam
* The Jurassic Coast in East Devon includes areas of rock dating 185 million years
A cosy coastal town with beautiful views and rambling countryside, Brixham can be found at the south end of the English Riviera. A busy fishing port with a fascinating history, including the inspiration for world famous hymns and being the landing place of William Prince of Orange, this picturesque corner of Devon is a delight to explore. From the bustling harbour filled with trawlers and yachts, to the tranquil nature reserve at Berry Head, there is plenty to enjoy during your stay.
Restaurants, pubs, bistros and cafés line the harbour along with colourful cottages, whilst families can enjoy the many attractions in the region. The coastline is interspersed with coves such as Churston, Fishcombe and St. Mary’s Bay if you are looking for a quieter beach, while Breakwater beach has parking, a lifeguard in the summer and the Breakwater Bistro serving meals and takeaway food.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
22 Jul 2014
"A great place to enjoy Brixham"
A nice property set quite high up from the harbour. There are over 90 steps to get to it from the harbour but I was expecting that. The property had all the equipment I needed for an enjoyable stay … More
27 Jun 2014
Being in Brixham for an emotional occasion, our grateful thanks go to the owners for accommodating our family and the changes involved when we were over booked in another cottage during a short stay w… More
12 May 2013
wot a little gem indeed,absoulety wonderfull,lovely views of sea and boats,sat ther for hours looking at tide in tide out ,boats in boats out ,a must is boat to torquay ,paington,dartmouth,cottage is … More
16 Sep 2012
I stayed at The Mizzen from the 11th of September until the 15th of September 2012 with my boyfriend. The Mizzen is the perfect retreat for couples looking for a romantic break; the panoramic window l… More
You're booking with
Blue Chip Holidays (Property Manager Blue Chip Holidays)
- 7 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Jan 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 7155 properties
- 1861 properties
- 44 properties
- Blackdown Hills
- 26 properties
- Whitsand Bay
- 16 properties