La Tour Jaune
About the home
La Tour Jaune situated above the Medieval City of the Counts of Provence is quiet and peaceful. There is a private pool and spa/hot tub on the lower of three terraces. The villa is built in traditional Provencal style. Standing on a large plot, the villa is spacious and private. Brignoles is at the centre of the rosé wine growing region and is surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and lavender fields. Explore the picturesque hillside villages nearby. Visit Aix en Provence, the Verdon Gorge and ‘Peter Mayle country.’
The Cote d’Azur – St Tropez, St Raphael, Fréjus, Cannes, Nice, Monaco and the Italian Alps are within a short driving distance. The Spanish and Italian borders are about a one and a half hour drive. The first class golf complex Barbaroux is nearby. The area is renowned for cycling and hiking. Horse riding nearby.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 2km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 8|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
* Built in 2005, the villa was newly furnished 2008. Outdoor jacuzzi/hot tub added in 2011
* The en-suite tower bedroom with solarium has splendid views across the valley towards Mont Ventoux
* Large and spacious, light and airy salon with French doors to terrace and patio.
* Log fire for cooler seasons; watch a video, listen to music or relax with one of the books provided for your enjoyment
* Fully equipped, modern kitchen with integrated, eye-level cooker and induction hob
* One of the two downstairs bedrooms opens onto the terrace, overlooking the pool
* Each of the three bedrooms has a double bed. There is a double sofa bed in the salon
* The downstairs bathroom has a bath with a shower attachment. There is an additional downstairs wc with handbasin.
Further details outdoors:
• You may be lucky and spot a red squirrel visiting from the ravine that lies to the western border of the property
• Steep terraces are a feature - the pool is situated on the lower level, surrounded by trees
• Large plot, formerly part of an olive grove
• Pool (10 m x 5 m) with extensive surround
• There is a choice of terraces for outdoor living and relaxing
• Outdoors is fully equipped with loungers, tables, chairs and BBQ for al fresco dining
• Smoking is not permitted in the property. Great care must be taken if smoking outside because this is in an incendiary area.
• Children are welcome. Children under 5 must be supervised at all times. N.B Pool depth 1.5 metres throughout.
• Rental includes fully equipped three bedroomed villa for 8, electricity, waterand gas bottle for the BBQ
• All bed linen and towels are provided and included in the price
• Arrival 15:00 - departure 11:00, generally Saturday to Saturday, but please enquire about other dates
• Guests should leave the property clean and tidy and as they would like to find it
• Guests are requested to replace small items of broken crockery, glassware etc
• Please notify the owners of any other damage/breakages
• Provisional bookings should be confirmed in writing with a non refundable 25% deposit
• Balance payable 8 weeks before the first day of the rental period
• We advise that you take out appropriate insurance
• We also require an additional £250 deposit that will be returned to you provided the house is left in good order
• Upon receipt of the total rental money, keys and directions will be sent to you. You are asked to return the keys promptly, when your £100 deposit will be refunded, provided the house is left in good order
The Provence Alpes Cote d'Azur / Var region
Brignoles, lies in the heart of the Var (known as green Provence) and is surrounded by spectacular scenery.
It is rare that the sky is other than a wonderful shade of azur blue and even in the winter the temperature can reach the early 20s at mid-day. In the glorious summer months temperatures reach 30 degrees plus.
There are many hillside villages to visit such as Cotignac, where there is a market on a Tuesday morning. After visiting the market you may like to stop for lunch at 'The Table at the Fountain' restaurant.
The Verdon Gorges makes a fabulous day trip, as does Aix en Provence (approximately 45 mins), or maybe you would like to visit Peter Mayle's Luberon. Take in one or two of the vineyards, stopping to sample some of the local wines or travel along the lavender route.
The beautiful Cote d'Azur is a popular destination (you will find the nearest beach at Hyres, approximately 40 mins from Brignoles.) Visit St Tropez, St Maxim, St Raphael, Antibes etc. Water parks and watersports are available on the coast. You may want to visit Monaco or travel as far as the Italian border, or perhaps travel west to the Carmargue.
The Brignoles area
There is an abundance of history in an around Brignoles. Enter the city gates and explore the small medieval city centre, surrounded by the colourful market town (the market is held on Saturday morning.) Stop at one of the fountains or sit in the square and watch the world go by.
Festivals and events take place throughout the year, especially throughout the summer months. There are a variety of good restaurants; our current favourite is Lou Pelloun. If you are a keen golfer, you will be pleased to know that Brignoles is home to the famous Barbaroux golf course.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
The nearest airport is Toulon/St Tropez (approx 40 mins by car). Alternatively, Nice is approximately one hour by car. Low cost airlines Ryanair flies into Toulon/St Tropez and Easy Jet flies into Nice. Both airports have a large number of car hire companies located at the airport.
Brignoles is mid-way between Nice and Marseille on the A8.
Activities near Brignoles
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
03 Sep 2012
Arrived on the Saturday and met by Luc in the town who took us the the Villa, which we wouldn't have found on our own, very secluded (Perfect). The Villa is great and the only problem we had was that the Jacuzzi did not work. We were told that it would be fixed the following day or no longer than three days, it was never mentioned again or for that matter fixed. Fortunately it was not important to us. We spent our days by the pool and nights eating out and after several days found a few restaurants in the surrounding towns. The trouble we found was that Brignoles is a working town and did not lend itself to our type of holiday. we were troubled by some construction work just behind the villa which was more of an irritant and in all probability is finish now.
07 Jul 2012
We spent a very agreeable two weeks at La Tour Jaune in June, mostly sizzling whilst England (and a lot of northern France) soaked. A secluded property set in trees on the slopes above Brignoles, it... more
03 Oct 2011
My husband and I spent a week relaxing at the villa in late June/early July 2011.
The weather was excellent, the villa beautifully presented and the location perfect for exploring the surrounding countryside.
My husband enjoyed the daily walk down the town for bread and at 23 weeks pregnant I joined him on a couple of occasions. It was a challenge but I can't imagine it would be a problem for anyone with reasonable fitness levels. Chris even ran up it a couple of times!!
We took the bus to Marseille and drove to local vinyards, villages, markets and the beach. The kitchen was great for preparing food bought fresh at the local markets and when we wanted to treat ourselves we found plenty of choice both in the town and surrounding towns/villages.
Shade is easy to find around the pool and the villa was lovely to relax in if I needed a break from the sun. Chris read quite a few of the books available in the house and in the evening we watched some of the DVDs provided.
Hoping to return next year with baby in tow!
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Winter 2012/13||1 Nov 12||1 May 13||£ 1000||-||-||1 Week|
|May 2013||1 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 1200||-||-||1 Week|
|June 2013||1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||£ 1500||-||-||1 Week|
|July-August 2013||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||£ 1750||-||-||1 Week|
|Sept 2013||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||£ 1500||-||-||1 Week|
|Oct 2013||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 1300||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
The rental rate includes all linen, towels and in between lets cleaning.
We can accept sterling cheques or by bank transfer in £ sterling or Euros.
Refundable £250 security deposit required with final balance payment.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This villa has received 5 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in France (11,705)