House | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 10
A truly 'chez nous' experience, our house has been decorated to a high standard with comfort and quality in mind. Located in a quiet hamlet surrounded by rolling countryside yet within easy reach (just 1 km) of the nearest village of La Foret sur Sevres with pharmacy, boulangerie/patisserie, newsagent and petrol station - you simply won't want to leave!
Ideal for both families and parties alike who wish to explore the many local attractions on offer (Futuroscope, Puy du Foy, La Rochelle to name just a few) or just simply relax and enjoy everything that this wonderful pavilion style house has to offer; own private swimming pool, private carp lake, large outside terrace for al fresco dining and much more...
With 5 bedrooms, dining and lounge seating for up to 10 people La Lac Maison would easily accommodate two families and has something to offer all ages.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Ile de Re 94 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: La Rochelle 94 km, Nearest railway: Bressuire 15 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 9|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Swing set, Private fishing lake or river|
|Further details indoors||
* 5 comfortable and well decorated bedrooms (sleeping up to 10 guests - 1 being a bunk bed suitable for children only) all with quality linen provided and plenty of storage space. Travel cot also available.
* Large, spacious lounge (seating for 10 guests) with wood burning stove. Flat screen TV with Sky receiver and surround sound system. Patio doors leading directly onto outside veranda for al fresco dining - catch the sunset whilst sipping a glass of wine.
* Fully equipped oak kitchen with everything you should require (should you wish to do a spot of self catering!) or why not cheat and visit one of the local restaurants and let someone else do the cooking!
* Separate dining room with seating for 10 people. Wonderful outlook over the lake and gardens.
|Further details outdoors||
Set in a large garden with its own private carp lake and plenty of outdoor space for the youngsters to burn off that excess energy - what more could you wish for. The lake is securely fenced off accessed only by a gate and the gardens are enclosed. A wooden tree house provides that extra special 'children only' hideaway.
Enjoy the long hours of summer sunshine whilst dining al fresco on the veranda overlooking the pool or take 'petit dejeuner' on the front veranda in the mid morning sun....A gas BBQ is provided for your use together with a large teak table and chairs for up to 10 guests. Take a dip in the outside pool (depth of 1.3 m) or catch some much sought after rays in one of the loungers provided.
* Full directions to the property together with instructions on key collection will be forwarded once the final balance has been received.
* Changeover day is Sunday but dependant on the time of year we could be flexible. Feel free to contact us to discuss your requirements further. We will do our best to accommodate.
The Poitou-Charentes/Vendee region
The Poitou-Charentes region lies between the chateaux and castles of the Loire valley and the Bordeaux vineyards and is reputed to be the second sunniest region of France, second only to the Med, offering many hours of uninterrupted sunshine. Its mild climate makes it desirable to visit any time from early Spring to late Autumn.
Situated in the Deux Sevres region there is something to cater for any tourist whether it be the peace and tranquillity of the neighbouring countryside or the many main attractions nearby:
* La Rochelle steeped in history and most definitely worth a visit to sample one of the many superb seafood restaurants, see the marina and take the children to the vast aquarium. (1hr 30 mins drive)
* Ile de Re boasting 30 kms of fine sandy beaches is highly recommended. (1hr 30 mins drive)
* The medieval village and chateau of Puy du Fou - a must for families with its amazing daytime shows and evening performances featuring knights jousting etc. (30 mins drive)
* Futuroscope - a great day out just 1 hr from house. European theme park offering breathtaking multimedia shows, 3D cinemas and interactive adventures.
La Lac Maison is situated in a tranquil hamlet surrounded by countryside and yet is within easy access of the nearest small village of La Foret sur Sevres. Take a gentle stroll or a cycle ride (just 1 km) to the village to collect your early morning croissants. There is also a pharmacy, newsagent with small cafe, hairdressers and petrol station located in the village.
The town of Moncoutant (just 10 mins drive) offers larger supermarkets, banks and restaurants together with the town of Bressuire (15 mins drive) where you will find many restaurants, speciality shops, large hypermarket and street cafes to sit, take a coffee and simply 'people watch' or visit the typical weekly market which takes place each Tuesday and Saturday mornings.