from £65 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £65 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
Farmhouse / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 8
Set in idyllic Normandy countryside, Papillion is a newly renovated farmhouse located just 2km from the nearest market town of Brecey.
Flexible and comfortable accommodation for up to 8 people plus including two generous sized living areas
· Large grounds – very private and secluded
· Rustic charm to a high standard
· Spectacular countryside views
· 2km to nearest local town
· Three large bedrooms with additional ground floor accommodation
(second living area has a separate entrance with sofa bed and access to ground floor cloakroom)
Set in its own grounds at the end of a short private driveway, Papillion offers a tranquil and secluded setting with perfect views over the surrounding Normandy countryside, yet is still only a short journey to the nearest town.
The garden is large, overlooking adjoining fields, surrounding all sides of the farmhouse with trees (including fruit trees) and inhabited with wildlife, especially butterflies (Papillion).
Renovated to a high standard with Normandy stone and exposed wooden beams throughout, this former farmhouse offers spacious accommodation for groups of friends or extended family.
· Large rustic kitchen complete with a table seating 8
· Downstairs cloakroom
· Large main living area with two sets of double french doors and a feature stone fireplace with wood burner
· A further separate living area also with french doors out onto the garden providing possible additional downstairs accommodation (sofa bed) and tv/dvd/ipod player
· Three double bedrooms and a shower room (all bedrooms also have their own sinks)
Papillion is easy to find and is a direct and simple 2 hour drive from the ferry at Cherbourg. Situated at the foot of ‘la Manche’ of Normandy, it’s within easy reach of famous tourist locations such as the Normandy landing beaches, the wonderful Mont-St- Michel and the popular beaches and seaside towns of Brittany
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Rennes 95 km, Nearest railway: Avranches 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, King Beds (2), Single beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
Table and chairs to seat 8. Rangemaster gas cooker, double oven, full size dishwasher, microwave and washing machine.
Living rooms: Two full size french doors looking out onto views. Open fireplace with large wood burner, 2 large settees and extra chairs.
Living room 2 has large patio doors with views, large tv/dvd player, pull down settee and card table and chairs.
Bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has kingsize bed and 1 single, washbasin, wardrobe and dresser with window overlooking views. Bedroom 2 has 5ft bed again overlooking views. Bedroom 3 has three 3ft single beds, washbasin and views from window
Bathrooms: Bathroom has large pod power shower with body jets, toilet and sink.
Downstairs toilet and sink.
Heating: Downstairs large woodburner set in original stone fireplace. Fully central heating
Upstairs: fully central heating
|Further details outdoors|
Garden and outside: Tables, chairs and umbrella (seats for 10), large charcoal bbq, sunloungers, very large garden to play outdoor games, many provided. fruit trees and fabulous views.
Parking and garages: Large ample parking
The Basse-Normandie region
Other nearby attractions include the spectacular Creuse valley, a very popular spot for kayaking; Lac D’Eguzon, a reservoir formed by flooding the valley with a hydroelectric dam, creating a beautiful lake for swimming and water-sports; and lovely fresh-water swimming lakes at Belabre and Chaillac. The Futuroscope theme-park at Poitiers is also within easy reach.
Brécey offers food shops, cafés and bars, boulangerie, traditional market on Fridays, summer outdoor swimming pool, and horse riding.
· Villedieu Les Poeles has a large market, lots of shops, supermarkets and restaurants as well as indoor swimming pool with waterslide and a local speciality of producing handmade copper pots and pans (market day Tuesday)
· Avranche is a medieval, walled hill town with numerous shops and supermarkets, restaurants and churches as well as botanical gardens (market day Saturday)
· Enjoy the spectacle of the Bayeux Tapestry
· Take a drive to the charming, walled seaside town of St Malo, famous for its charming cobbled streets, specialist shops and outdoor eateries.
Visit Caen, a college city with its imposing abbeys, churches castles and museums
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
- 2 Years listed
90% Response rate
Calendar last updated:21 Apr 2015
Based in United Kingdom