Borovets Flora Apartment
Apartment | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 5
EXTREMELY CHEAP FAMILY OR GROUP HOLIDAY
* apartment only 50 m from gondola and 2 mins walk from nursery slopes/chair lifts
* best central location for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing in winter, hiking, hill walking, horse riding available in summer
* use of swimming pool, gym, jacuzzi, sauna, health spa offering massage (small charge)
* excellent choice of good local restaurants on your doorstep
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
* large spacious (70 sq m) living area with balcony facing ski slope - sleeps 2 persons on large sofa bed
* spacious bedroom with balcony facing ski slope - sleeps 3 persons on 2 twin beds + 1 single bed
* walk-in storage area for skis, snowboards, boots, suitcases, etc
* well equipped open plan kitchen with dining table and chairs
* bathroom with wc, bath and shower
CONTACT OWNER FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT:
* larger group option of renting identical adjoining apartment with discount
* return transfer arrangements from airport to resort at competitive prices
* ski tuition/lift passes and ski rental available
* for more detailed information please see owners website by clicking the link below.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 1 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Sofia 70 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Sauna, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared indoor pool|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Table tennis|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (3), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared indoor pool, Balcony or terrace, Climbing frame, Swing set|
|Access||Parking, Lift access|
|Further details indoors|
THE LIVING AREA:
* spacious and bright with comfortable 3 seater sofa bed, arm chair, coffe table, dining table/chairs
* cable television, DVD player, stereo sound system and internet access point.
* some DVDs, games and reading books
THE KITCHEN AREA:
* open-plan kitchen well equipped with a 2 plate cooking hob (no oven), fridge/freezer, toaster, microwave, electric kettle, coffee-maker, cooking pots/dishes/utensils, crockery and glasses
* 2 large single twin beds with bedside tables/reading lamps
* 1 standard single wall mounted fold out bed
* dressing table/desk with mirror and hair-dryer
* adjoining walk-in storage area for suitcases and sports equipment
* all towels, bed linen are provided and included in the rental costs - please note that there will only be 1 change of fresh towels/bedding mid-week of your 7 nights stay
* fully tiled
* wc, bath, shower
THE FLORA COMPLEX:
* a health/fitness club is located in the basement of the apartment building complex (small additional charges apply)
* next to the health/fitness club is a games room which includes a table tennis table and pool table and a tennis court is located outside
* situated next to the apartment complex is the Flora Hotel (direct access from ground floor reception) where meals are served (these are not included in Apartment rental)
* In the reception area of the complex is a small bank and there are some shops selling useful personal items
To secure your booking we will need from you:
* a deposit of 25% of the total rental cost for the apartment
* the balance of the rental costs to be paid in full 8 weeks prior to your date of departure
The Sofia/Rila Mountains region
Borovets is Bulgaria's oldest and most established mountain resort. It is located at 1350 metres above sea level at the foot of Mt Moussala (2925 metres) the highest mountain in the Balkans offering excellent panoramic views both in winter and summer.
Unlike many other mountain resorts, Borovets is active throughout the whole year with excellent skiing/snowboarding/snowshoeing in winter and scenic hiking, cycling and riding on horses in summer.
WINTER SKIING / SNOWBOARDING:
* high ski resort offering excellent snow cover with the highest pistes at 2600 m
* ski pistes conveniently grouped in three regions offering excellent skiing and snowboarding for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels
* pistes are groomed and maintained to a very high standard with compulsory regular safety checks carried out * 14 snow cannons for artificial snow if needed.
* Ski/snowboard rental services are plentiful - we can arrange this for you at competitive prices
* a lively ski resort with an abundant choice of restaurants, bars, discos many open till the early hours
* a very good selection of shops offering cheap and good quality winter clothing and gear
SUMMER HIKING / HILL WALKING:
* relatively quiet allowing you to soak up the peace and serenity of the Rila Mountains
* uncrowded restaurants and bars offering local/traditional cuisine at extremely cheap summer prices (often less than half of the winter ones)
* an abundance of mountain trails to suit all labilities
* many of the major trails find their starting point in Borovets only minutes walk away from the apartment
WHAT TO DO IN WINTER:
* excellent skiing and snowboarding including off-piste for the more advanced
* snowmobiling through the pine forests
* ski/snowboard at Malyovitsa (small local ski resort only 40 mins from Borovets)
* excellent snowshoeing at Govedartsi (only 30 mins from Borovets)
* scenic cross country skiing from the upper part of Borovets town
WHAT TO DO IN SUMMER:
* Mt Moussala: conquer the highest peak in the Balkans offering panoramic views of the Eastern Rila Range
* Seven Rila Lakes: hike to the 7 most beautiful glacier lakes - stunning views of the Rila Range at differing altitudes of each individual lake
* Rila Monastery: incredible architecture not to be missed dating back to 13th century
* cultural Sofia: Bulgaria's capital city well worth visiting
CONTACT THE OWNER FOR:
* Ski rental
* Ski lift passes
* Ski tuition
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
18 Feb 2014
"Excellent spacious apartment, brilliant location"
Apartment was fabulous and very spacious and Anoosh who owns the apartment couldn't have been more helpful. The location was brilliant, close to the slopes but in a nice quiet location. Would definitely stay here again, fantastic.
Thank you Anoosh
30 Jan 2014
"Fantastic apartment in a great location."
My girlfriend and I (21 & 22) stayed here for a week in January. The apartment was a decent size and very clean. It is in the perfect position as well- about 2 minutes walk to the gondola and about 2 … More
5 Jan 2014
"2 Excellent apartments with ski package arranged beyond expectations"
We spent the 2013/4 New year week with friends in 2 neighbouring apartments (both owned by this owner).The apartments were excellent value offering all you could want regarding size, location and faci… More
22 Mar 2013
"Would definitely stay here again!"
We have just returned from a skiing holiday and stayed in this fantstic apartment, which couldn't have been in a better position for quick access to the slopes. The apartment itself was well equ… More
19 Mar 2013
"Great location, lovely apartment - and that friendly touch!"
Borovets is a lovely town, with great facilities both on and off piste. The area is clean and I felt completely safe at all times (some reviews will mention ladies of the night etc, but we had no such issues!). the Locals are friendly, and food etc is cheap, especially if you go to local restaraunts, rather than piste bars. Although a lot of the snow had melted, there was still plenty of choice, with many runs still open, and generally good snow. Ski hire is reasonable, and the ski schools seemed excellent (even tho we didnt need them!). If you are considering a summer holiday, then there are plenty of other activities, such as mountain biking, walking, etc, and some lovely scenery.
The apartment complex is modern and well presented, with adequate secure parking. It has all of the facilities you would expect from a european 4 or even 5 star hotel/complex, without the price tag.
the apartments themselves are immaculately clean and well maintained, with every amenity you could ask for, and more besides.
the location is superb, being a 5 min walk to either the gondola (top slopes), or bottom skiing areas.
The main thing that sets this above anywhere else we have stayed, is the personal touch.
Anoosh was very helpful, and nothing was too much bother, even recommending restaraunts, places to walk, things to see, as well as questions about Bulgarian culture, money, etc.
the family who own these apartments, really care about them, and care about the service they offer, rather than just making money, and this shines through, from the attention to detail, good maintenance and excellent facilities in the apartments to the personal touches and service when you are staying.
14 Mar 2013
"Spacious and comfortable apartment with excellent service from owner."
The apartment is very comfortable, spacious, warm and light and we had everything we needed. Flora is in a central location and we had lots of places to choose from to eat out at night. The owner was very helpful with all our questions and organised our transfer from the airport and ski packs at Borovets. Everything went according to plan. It was an excellent holiday.
5 Mar 2013
"Excellent, spacious, comfortable apartment. Great location"
We were very happy with this apartment, it met all of our needs. It was near to everything which made it very convenient. It was cosy and warm at all times which was wonderful when coming off the slopes. We made use of the pool at the basement of the apartments (small cost) and ate in the restaurant one evening. Best of all, was the organisation of our transfers, lift passes and ski equipment by the owner Anoosh. Everything went smoothly which is a great relief when you book an independent holiday. I couldn't fault this apartment and would highly recommend it. We are very likely to go back to Borovets next year and we would definately stay in this apartment again as I don't feel the need to look anywhere else.
28 Jan 2013
"Excellent apartment with great location."
This year was 5th in Borovets and second year in same apartment. Great spacious apartment, fully equiped kitchen, TV, Wi-Fi. I have two kids, 8 and 3 years. Me and the 8 years old kid are skiing and m… More
14 Jan 2013
"Lovely apartment in a great location"
Having stayed in Borovets many times, I can honestly say that this aprtment is one of the best. The Flora is in a brilliant location, ideal for the slopes, gondola and nightlife. The apartment itsel… More