Cosy Tuscan farmhouse in beautiful hills, private grounds, swimming pool and garden
from £102 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £102 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
House / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Availability Your dates are available
House / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
THE HOUSE AND SURROUNDINGS
Casa Patrizia, "the cosy farmhouse", is among beautiful quiet hills, only 12 km north of Lucca, near the road leading to Garfagnana, a part of the fine Tuscan countryside. The nearest village is Ponte a Moriano, about 2 kms' drive from the house, where you can find a supermarket-shopping centre, coffee bars and shops, a chemist's, a post office, a local police station (Carabinieri), an ATM/bank, etc. Please, remember you need your own car to reach the property.
The house was founded as a small oratory, dating back to 18th century. The edifice was later enlarged and converted into a farmhouse with typical Tuscan features. The countryside is a lovely place for taking walks straight from the house.
The house is on two floors. All the rooms have terracotta tiled floors and beamed ceilings in typical Tuscan country style.
The entrance door gives direct access to the kitchen-dining room, with a log fireplace, old-fashioned furniture and household appliances. From the kitchen you can enter a small storeroom with a washing machine. A large archway gives access to the sitting-room, with a comfortable sofa-bed, a TV-set and DVD player. Both the rooms on the ground floor share the same air-conditioning system.
An iron-wrought and wooden staircase leads to the second floor. This part of the house dates back to the original structure and is lighted by the old oratory windows and a glass door.
From the landing you can enter the first bedroom, with two bunk beds and a wardrobe. To the right of the landing there are three more rooms: a bathroom with a shower, a bedroom with a double bed and a wardrobe, a small storeroom. Both the bedrooms have their own air-conditioning system.
Three sides of the house are surrounded by the garden, with a private swimming-pool, a shower, sunbeds and deck chairs. One table, some chairs and a barbecue are also available for eating outside.
A WiFi system is available in the property, for e-mails and websites.
Near the house and in Garfagnana you can walk or practise horse-riding, bike-riding, trekking, climbing, hiking and sightseeing.
In the town of Lucca, 12 km from the farmhouse, you can visit churches, villas, museums or go to concerts and plays.
LUCCA AND GARFAGNANA
Lucca is an enchanting small country town. Its prestigious city centre is rich with medieval churches and towers, Renaissance palaces and surrounded by splendid fortress walls not to be equalled in the whole of Europe, and still maintaining traces of its roman origin. Amid its treasures is the wonderful Amphitheatre square, built on the structure of the pre-existing roman amphitheatre. Remarkable are also its sumptuous country residences, erected by noble rich families during the past centuries in the surroundings of the town, some of which are open to the public.
Garfagnana is a mountainous region, between the Apuan Alps and the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines, with outstanding features varying from rough and imperviuos peaks to gentler pasture lands and grass or crop hills, scattered with characteristic villages. Traditional craftsmanship and culinary arts are preserved and the products vastly appreciated, such as the excellent olive oil and wine from local estates.
You can also visit more towns and places in Tuscany:
- Pisa, 25 kms from Lucca
- Florence, 80 kms from Lucca
- Siena, 220 kms from Lucca
- Versilia beaches, 30 kms from Lucca
- Massaciuccoli lake, 25 kms from Lucca
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Versilia beaches 42 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||6 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pisa airport 37 km, Nearest railway: Pisa train station 37 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden, BBQ|
The Tuscany region
Tuscany is an Italian region of striking beauty, popular all over the world.
From “Casa Patrizia” you can easily reach towns and places of interest:
- the town of Lucca (12 kms from Casa Patrizia): Lucca is an enchanting small country town. Visit its works of art and follow my advice: sit at a table of one of the many coffee bars of the town, while having an ice-cream or a cappuccino; buy souvenirs in the shops of the characteristic amphitheatre square; have a walk on its fortress walls; find antiques in the Antiques Market every third weekend of the month;
- the town of Pisa (37 kms from Casa Patrizia): admire Pisa's leaning tower! You can walk up the tower, if the queue is not too long. Pisa is the site of a good university: traditions wants that the students must not climb the tower until they are graduated. If they do, they risk to fail in their academic career;
- the town of Florence (92 kms from Casa Patrizia): strolling in the city centre is like visiting an open museum! The features of this town has been modelled by the main Renaissance artists, so try to see as much as you can: Giotto's bell tower, the cathedral with Brunelleschi's huge dome, Piazza della Signoria, Santa Croce church, Ponte Vecchio, the statue of David by Michelangelo, etc. If you want to enter Galleria degli Uffizi (closed on Monday), book the tickets in advance via internet, or you will spend hours in the queue;
- the town of Siena (232 kms from Casa Patrizia): Siena is an example of a perfectly-maintained Medieval town. Enter its walls and find yourself in another epoch!
- the town of the artists, Pietrasanta (42 kms from Casa Patrizia): Pietrasanta is a small town in Versilia, where many artists from all over the world live and work at their statues made with the marble of the popular quarries.
Borgo a Mozzano
Casa Patrizia is near Garfagnana, a mountainous region between the Apuan Alps and the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines. The weather is fine in summer and you can walk along the paths or practise horse-riding, bike-riding, trekking, climbing, hiking and sightseeing. If you like caves with stalactites and stalagmites, there are two beautiful ones that you can visit: Grotta del Vento (open every day; see website) and Antro del Corchia (open every day in July; see website.
Most towns and villages organize events and exhibitions. I can suggest "Lucca summer festival" with pop music artists from all over the world, "Puccini festival" at Torre del Lago, near Lucca, with operas by the famous composer.
There also are villages fairs, where you can dance and taste the good local products.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:22 May 2015
Based in Italy