Gite | 8 bedrooms | sleeps 16
Godremamog watermill offers a fantastic way to get away from it all in a beautiful secluded valley. Its four apartments each sleep 4, allowing lots of flexibility from couples to parties of 16+. Please go to the owners' website to check the availability of individual apartments.
There are 5 acres of grounds with riverside gardens all around the mill and woods as far as the eye can see. You can fall asleep to the sound of the mountain stream tumbling past the mill. There's a hot tub, pool and BBQ hut in the gardens next to the waterwheel, which has been turning since 1885.
It's an ideal base for exploring West Wales, with castles, coast paths and the sandy beaches of Pembrokeshire and Cardigan Bay nearby.
|Size||Sleeps up to 16, 8 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Poppit Sands - Cardigan 20 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||6 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Cardiff 140 km, Nearest railway: Carmarthen 27 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 4 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (8), Double beds (4), Cots (4)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details outdoors|
Each apartment has access out into the garden with a seating area just outside the door.
There are gardens all around the mill, with lots of places to sit and watch the river or contemplate the trees, including two beautiful pergolas, next to the river, made from materials taken from the woodland all around you. There are steps down to the waterside so that you can paddle in the river. You can chill in the summer house, which is well stocked with books, CDs and games.
The garden next to the waterwheel is fenced and contains a patio with a hot tub, BBQ hut (where you can BBQ whatever the weather) and Swim4Spa - a swimming pool where you swim against a current. It's heated so that you can swim even in December. So it doesn't matter what the weather is doing, you can still have a lovely time at the mill.
There is a woodland trail which climbs up the hillside and into the trees, offering wonderful views of the valley, as well as lots of public footpaths which allow you to explore the whole valley without getting the car out..
There is also a shared laundry and drying room with a washing machine and dishwasher.
There is plenty of room for parking and you can drive right up to the mill entrance to unload.
The waterwheel still turns under water power - you can watch it turn as you BBQ. We have just installed a hottub, Swim Spa(Combined hotub and small swimming area in which you have to swim against a current generated by a pump) and a BBQ hut which enables up to 15 people to have a BBQ irrespective of the weather.
The extensive grounds are shared with other holiday makers and the owners. Please note that the wheel is very large and has been fenced off for safety.
The West Wales/Pembrokeshire region
There is so much to do in West Wales - whatever the weather. Whether you're into walking, cycling, birdwatching, golf, fishing, art, horse riding, good food, railways or adventurously leaping off cliffs, you'll find plenty of opportunities.
We are 25 minutes drive from the start of both the Pembrokeshire coastal path and the Ceredigion coast path, which total 246 miles of glorious walking. If you prefer cycling to walking, the Brechfa Forest mountain trails are 30 minutes drive from the mill and there are plenty of gentle cycle paths like the Millennium Trail along the coast at Llanelli.
There is so much history here - our valley itself has been famed in story for over a thousand years. The Preselli mountains are nearby, the origin of the bluestones at Stonehenge. There are more castles per square mile in Wales than anywhere else in the world and we have our fair share with 30+ castles in West Wales. Newcastle Emlyn castle is just 10 minutes drive away.
The wildlife is stunning - you can take boat trips out to see dolphins and seals. Guests have spotted dolphins right inside New Quay harbour. For those guests who prefer catching fish to watching them, we are in the middle of the Teifi and Towi sea-trout fishing area.
For the more adventurous, there is coasteering if you like leaping off rocks, surf lessons for cool dudes or laser combat if you fancy shooting your friends and family.
Within a half hour drive of Godremamog Mill, you will find:
- Cenarth Adventure Centre with laser quest, paintballing and archery
- Newcastle Emlyn, with its independent shops, galleries, antiques centre and castle (free entry)
- The National Woollen Museum - free to visit and fascinating, especially for children
- The Cenarth Coracle Centre - a very entertaining way to find out about an ancient craft still used around here.
- The Teifi Marshes wildlife reserve with both freshwater and saltwater marsh habitats. There are lots of birds to watch from the hides. Water buffallo are used to manage the reserve. The cafe there does great lunches.
- Poppit Sands, a huge sandy beach with summer lifeguards, dunes, rock pools and boats bobbing on the estuary.
- The Brechfa Forest mountain bike trails
- Fforest for kayaking, rafting, coasteering, surfing, climbing, bushcraft etc
- Cardigan with its shops,theatre and cinema, market, galleries and a quay where you can get a boat trip.
- The Museum of Childhood - you are bound to see at least one toy you used to play with here.
- Llangranog with its lovely beach and coves, superb fish and chips and ice-cream to remember.
- Mwnt - a good place to spot dolphins. There's an ancient church and a stunningly beautiful beach.
- Caws Cenarth cheese factory - one of our many excellent local food suppliers, Caws Cenarth has won many national and international awards.
- Lots and lots of local pubs and restaurants serving excellent meals.
- Enough walks to keep you busy for a very, very long time, including the start of both the Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion coastal paths.