Villa Alaatin Private Pool
About the home
Villa Alaatin is located inland by about 500 meters sitting on the top of a hill overlooking the valley with fantastic sea views. The villa is situated in between Yalikavak and Gumusluk. Yalikavak is full of charm and has a fantastic new marina. A very fashionable holiday destination for both wealthy and famous Turks, as well as Europeans. Yalikavak has lots to offer. Gumusluk, also nearby, is famous for its fabulous fish restaurants on the edge of the seafront and is a definite must do while you are here.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Gumusluk, 4km|
Nearest amenities: 3km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, DVD player, Sea view|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, Video player, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms and 1 en suite, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 7|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden|
Further details indoors:
Large fully equipped kitchen with all modern conveniences. Open plan living dining area, with terrace facing out over the bay of Gumusluk. Upstairs there are three bedrooms. The master bedroom has en- suite bathroom with a built in jacuzzi. Quiet reading area in the upsatirs hall way, leading out onto balcony with a spectacular sea view. There is also a roof top terrace for sunbathing.
Further details outdoors:
Private garden and swimming pool commanding spectacular sea views. A private beach is available on the Gumuskaya complex.
A welcome pack can be arranged for your arrival at extra cost.
Competitive car hire rates.
Airport transfers direct to your door.
Cleaning services available mid stay if required.
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
Yalikavak is a traditional Turkish fishing village on the northern (quieter and less commercialised) coast of the Bodrum Peninsula. It has yet to appear in the mainstream travel brochures and so is a perfect retreat for those more discerning of travellers, looking for a quieter holiday but in easy reach of the hustle and bustle of Bodrum. Gumusluk (Goo-moosh-look), is the next village on from Yalikavak. The village is still a lively fishing port, with more than a dozen fish restaurants along the sea front, displaying a wide variety of locally caught seafood.
Gumusluk stands on the site of the ancient Carian city of Myndos whose seafront sections slid into the sea in some long-forgotten earthquake. Today these barely submerged remains are a magnet for snorkellers and underwater photographers.
Country walks around Gumusluk are invigorating and rewarding, especially in spring and early summer when riotous displays of wild flowers cast their rural spell and mingle their fragrance with the smell of the sea.
'Rabbit Island', situated in the middle of the bay and accessible by a partially sunken causeway, offers a magnificent panorama and, yes, a glimpse of rabbits scurrying around.
Gumusluk's current attraction is the plethora of fine fish and seafood restaurants, a 'must' of a visit to the region. Another of its many attributes is the serenity of its nights.
Once the ancient city of Myndos, the village is now in a conservation area, so no cars are allowed in the centre. The westerly aspect of Gumusluk provides some spectacular sunsets, aperitif in hand listening to the evocative pop-pop sound of the single piston fishing boats chugging their way into the harbor is a pleasure not to be missed.
The Bodrum / Gumusluk Village area
Things to Do In and Around Bodrum / Gumusluk/Yalikavak:
• Halicarnassos Mausoleum is Bodrum's oldest and most significant antiquity, given it's status as one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
• The Castle of St. Peter is without a doubt the most prominent feature of the Bodrum landscape dating back to the medieval knights of St. John. Today the Castle is home to the Underwater Museum, exhibits include an ancient shipwreck and various other antiquities found in the area.
• Shopping lovers are spoilt for choice with Bodrum's many weekly markets. In the main resort, there is a fabric and clothing market on Tuesdays and food markets on both Thursdays and Fridays. Gümüslük and Ortakent both hold markets on a Wednesday, Yalikavak on a Thursday, Bitez on a Friday and Gümbet on Sundays. Turgutreis also has a Saturday market.
• Why not take advantage of Bodrum's alluring coast line by going on a daily boat trip, stopping off at secluded coves for a spot of sunbathing, swimming and snorkelling. Alternatively, in the area's maritime tradition, charter a yacht from one of the many locally-based agencies.
• Take in stunning coastal scenery, lush woodlands and historic ruins that otherwise would be missed, by Exploring the Bodrum Peninsula on foot using one of the established Walking Trails.
• The Greek island of Kos is within easy reach of Bodrum by boat and is a popular day-trip with visitors to the resort. Services run daily throughout the summer months, departing at around 9am and returning in the late afternoon/early evening. The journey lasts approximately 50 minutes.
• Bodrum's prime position along the Aegean coast is ideal for Diving. There are numerous dive sites in the vicinity of the resort and the Peninsula. You can hope to see lobster, crayfish, barracuda, octopus, sea bass and shoals of sea bream to name but a few.
Also Within Reach:
- Pamukkale: Literally translated as "cotton castle", the amazing calcium rock formations should be seen to be believed. While in the area, it is worth visiting the nearby ancient city of Aphrodisias.
- Ephesus: This amazing ancient city can be reached in about 2 and a half hours by road making it easily accessible for a day trip.
Diving courses, jeep safaris, horse-back and river-rafting - and that's not all!
Aquaparks, Turkish bath, Daily tours, Blue Cruise on a Gullet, Day trip to Kos, Jeep Safari, Camel fight, Sailing/Chartering, Car Rental, Romantic dinner, "Wanderlust", Watersport, Windsurfing
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- You can fly to Bodrum Milas airport from all major UK airports, with a huge range of tour operators. Some suggestions are provided below.
When arriving in Turkey you will be required to buy a tourist visa at the airport. This will Cost £10 and will need to be paid with a £10 note.
Good network of public Transport Dolmus/Coaches which run very regularly to and from Gumusluk and Yalikavak into Bodrum, calling at neighbouring villages. A great way to see the real Turkey.
Some suggested websites for flights are as follows:
Activities near Bodrum
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|May||1 May 13||1 Jun 13||€ 784||-||-||1 Week|
|June||1 Jun 13||1 Jul 13||€ 931||-||-||1 Week|
|July & August||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||€ 1071||-||-||1 Week|
|September||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||€ 931||-||-||1 Week|
|October||1 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||€ 784||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
We require a booking deposit of 50%
Outstanding balances are required to be paid 8 weeks before your arrival.
A €200 refundable damage deposit is also required with your final payment. This will be returned after your check out inspection.
A departure clean will also be charged to the tenant.
Payments should be made by credit card or bank transfer unless otherwise agreed.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
5 years listed
You are contacting
Smile Property Management (property manager)
The property manager is based in Turkey and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This villa has so far received no reviews.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Davide Luxury Garden Apartment in Bodrum, Turkey
Stone Palace in Bodrum, Turkey
Sea and You in Bodrum, Turkey
Holiday homes in Turkey (3,123)