About the home
This spacious villa, located in quiet Kadikalesi offers privacy, great comfort and stunning views of the Mediterranean with its Greek islands. Furnished, combining new furniture together with Ottoman accents, the villa has a large American kitchen with dining area, large living room, 3 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a private infinity pool.
The dining area and terrace each seat 6. The pool area is furnished with 4 comfortable sun deck chairs. There is also an outdoor shower.
From the house it’s not even a 10-minute walk to a quiet beach, which offers amenities of fresh food and cool drinks, sun beds and parasols.
The small fisherman village Kadikalesi is conveniently located between the quaint villages of Türgütreis and Gümüslük. Outside the touristy hustle and bustle but still close enough to Bodrum, with numerous great restaurants in the area, endless cultural experiences, or romanticism if that's what you are looking for.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Kekik Beach, 800m|
|Will consider:||House swaps|
Nearest amenities: 4km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard:||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms, Solarium / Roof terrace|
|Furniture:||Single beds (6), Dining seating for 6, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
The house interior is recently fully redone. Beside its tasteful bed- and bathrooms you'll find a fully equipped kitchen, which is not comparable to offerings in most other holiday houses. Dinnerware for various kinds of meals, a good choice of wine, champagne and raki glasses, electrical juice press, and so on, and so on.
please note that linen and towels are provided at the rate of 8£ per person.
Further details outdoors:
Enjoy also the magnificent sea and island views when you refresh yourself in the infinity pool
The Turquoise Coast/Lycia region
The Turkish Riviera (also known popularly as the Turquoise Coast) the area of southwest Turkey. The combination of a favourable climate, warm sea, more than a thousand kilometres of shoreline along the Aegean and Mediterranean waters, and abundant natural and archaeological points of interest makes this stretch of Turkey’s coastline a popular national and international tourist destination.
Among the archaeological points of interest are two of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World - the ruins of the Mausoleum of Maussollos in Halicarnassus (now Bodrum) and the remains of the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus, which can still be seen today.
The Riviera is also the home for the internationally-known Blue Voyage, which allows participants to enjoy a trip on Gulets to ancient cities, harbors, tombs, mausolea and intimate beaches in the numerous small coves, lush forests and streams that lace the Turquoise Coast.
The coastline is further regarded as a cultural trove that provides a fascinating mixture of factual and mythological individuals, conflicts and events, and has frequently been referred to in the folklore of various cultures throughout history. As such, it is regarded as the home of scholars, saints, warriors, kings, and heroes, as well as the site of numerous well-known myths. Mark Antony of the Roman Empire is said to have picked the Turkish Riviera as the most beautiful wedding gift for his beloved Cleopatra of Egypt. St. Nicholas, later known as Santa Claus, was born in Demre (ancient Myra). Herodotus, accepted as the father of History, was born in Bodrum (ancient Halicarnassus) in ca. 484 BC.
The Bodrum / Kadikalesi area
What to do:
- Enjoy the beach which is located 800 meters from the house. For those, who still prefer to take the car, you will find parking possibilities
- Go to a local barber in the neighbouring village Turgutreis and have a shave followed by a relaxing shoulder massage
- Stroll through the narrow streets of Turgutreis, Yalikavak or Bodrum
- Pamper yourself in a typical Turkish Bath where you can enjoy the original soap washing and massage
- Enjoy a nargoule, a Turkish Water Pipe in a local cafe
- Dream on a terrace along the coast and enjoy some local mezze (tapas)
- Drink an ice cold "Efes" beer in the harbour of Bodrum after a day of shopping
- Go to the Saturday Market in the neighbouring village Turgutreis; the biggest in the whole region
- Embark for a couple of hours or even days on a typical Gullet. You'll find them on 4 km. from the house. Enjoy Bodrum's enticing coast line, stopping off at secluded coves for sunbathing, swimming and snorkelling. Alternatively, in the area's maritime tradition, charter a yacht from one of the many locally-based agencies.
- Enjoy the local fish restaurants in the fisherman village Gumusluck on a 5 minutes ride from your house. People come here from Istanbul to eat the catch of the day
- visit the Halicarnassos Mausoleum in Bodrum, being one of the seven wonders of the world.
- visit the Castle of St. Peter This is without a doubt the most prominent feature of the Bodrum landscape dating back to the medieval knights of St. John. Today the Castle is home to the Underwater Museum, exhibits include an ancient shipwreck and various other antiquities found in the area.
- Take in stunning coastal scenery, lush woodlands and historic ruins that otherwise would be missed, by exploring the Bodrum Peninsula on foot, using one of the Walking Trails.
- The Greek islands of Kos and Kalymnos are within easy access of neighbouring Turgutreis by boat and are a popular day-trip. Services run daily throughout the summer months, departing at around 9 am and returning in the late afternoon/early evening. The journey is about 40 minutes.
- Go diving at one of the dive sites in the vicinity of the resort and the Peninsula. You can hope to see lobster, crayfish, barracuda, octopus, sea bass and shoals of sea bream to name but a few.
Also Within Reach:
- Pamukkale: Literally translated as "cotton castle", the amazing calcium rock formations should be seen to be believed. While you are in the area, you should visit the nearby ancient city of Aphrodisias.
- Ephesus: This amazing ancient city can be reached in about 2 and a half hours by road making it easily accessible for a day trip.
Diving courses, Jeep safaris, horse-back and river-rafting - and that's not all!
Plenty of supermarkets, drug stores, banks with ATM’s and necessity shopping available in Turgutreis and Bodrum. All villages also offer a large selection of tourist shops as well as a variety of traditional Turkish shopping.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
During the summer months, many charter flights fly into Bodrum which is the nearest airport, (approx 45 mins drive from the villa). Try some of these below:
In the winter months, some charter companies still fly direct from the UK to Bodrum, try www.aegeanflights.com Other routes to Bodrum are via Istanbul, Izmir or Dalaman. Turkish Airlines fly from Istanbul to Bodrum. BA fly from Gatwick to Izmir. easyJet fly from the UK to Dalaman.
We can help you to arrange cheap car rental
Activities near Bodrum
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|1 Apr 13||1 Jun 13||£ 560||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||1 Sep 13||£ 700||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Sep 13||16 Nov 13||£ 560||-||-||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Rental rates are based on a group size of maximum 4 persons. For the 5th and 6th person a charge will apply of EUR 20/night/person. Linen and towels are provided at a rate of 8£ per person.
Broken periods (e.g. 11 days) are available upon request.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in Germany and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2012. This villa has so far received no reviews.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday accommodation in Turkey (3,123)