Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
The recently updated self-catering apartment with a south facing balcony offers idyllic views of the Silberberg mountain and the surrounding Bavarian Forest. The self contained holiday apartment is located on the first floor of the house.
The holiday apartment is equipped with satellite TV with DVD player, CD player and radio; microwave, toaster, kettle and coffee machine; hairdryer and WiFi.
Our spacious 4 star family apartment (70 m2) sleeps 2-4 people, one living-/dining room, two bedrooms (one master bedroom with a double bed & one room with two regular sized single beds (positioned foot to foot)), bathroom with shower/toilet, fully fitted kitchen with ceramic hob, oven, microwave and fridge/freezer, and south facing balcony.
Please note that smoking is only permissible on the outside balcony.
Special Offerings for our Guests:
* Our guests will be able to benefit from the free offering of “WellSportAktiv” (until 31 October 2014) which includes free entry to the new local Silberberg indoor pool and sauna as well as to the local outdoor pool (summer only) Silberbergbad, free entry in the local gym “Well” and free entry to the new WellVital-Zentrum with a wide variety of free courses, talks, guided hiking tours and children's activities.
* A cosy traditional styled games room, designed for card and board game enthusiasts, is available for communal use.
* Indoor table tennis and professional table football is available for our guests.
Included in the Price:
* Bath and hand towels
* Bath robes
* Dish towels
* Compulsory spa tax of €2.30 per adult per night and €1.20 per child (6-16 years) per night. Children under 6 free of charge (as per November 2012) due locally before departure.
* Final cleaning inclusive in bookings of one week. For the minimum bookings of 4 days or less there will be a final cleaning charge of €25.00. If applicable, this is also due locally before departure.
* Laundry and tumble drying facilities are available for a small fee.
* Travel cot, baby bath, high chair, child gate(s) and playpen can be provided against a small surcharge.
Please enquire for further details.
Check in is from 2pm.
Check out is by 10am.
Sorry - no pets allowed.
Activities & The Area:
Activities include forest walks, downhill and cross country skiing with the Silberberg mountain just a five minutes' drive and the Große Arber a twenty minutes' drive away.
The area offers numerous other activities such as golf, canoeing, archery, falconery, spectacular tree top forest walks, mountain bike trails, animal parks, adventure playgrounds, museums and schnapps distilleries.
Traditional festivals sweep the towns during the summer and it's not all just about beer and Lederhosen! The famous horse festival at Bad Kötzting and glass festival at Zwiesel are amongst numerous attractions which enhance the diverse and historical nature of this region.
Bodenmais is also ideally suited for anyone considering a multi-city break: The Czech republic with its picturesque towns of Klatovy and Cesky Krumlov is only 14 miles away, and other “must see” tourist destinations like Prague (123 miles), Salzburg (119 miles), the medieval town of Regensburg (65 miles) and the beautiful three river city of Passau (55 miles) can be considered in your holiday itinerary.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Munich 145 km, Nearest railway: Bodenmais 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, CD player, Table tennis, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
The Bavaria/Bayern region
The Bavarian area surrounding Bodenmais is a Mecca for families with attractions to keep everyone happy all year round. Spectacular tree top forest walks, mountain bike trails, canoeing, animal parks, adventure playgrounds, museums and schnapps distilleries for the adults are just a few of a multitude of different offerings to choose from.
Traditional festivals sweep the towns during the summer and it's not all just about beer and Lederhosen! The famous horse and glass festivals at Arnbruck and Zwiesel are amongst numerous attractions which enhance the diverse and historical nature of this region. July, August and September dominate the summer months' family holiday, but October is a firm favourite with the forest trekkies due to an abundance of warm weather, coupled with beautiful colour displays provided by the forest's golden foliage.
Bodenmais is the winner of the HolidayCheck Destination Award 2012. The holiday resort prevailed over more than 5000 communities in Germany that were registered at HolidayCheck, as the most hospitable and popular destination 2012. Bodenmais is a firm favourite with anyone looking for a holiday all year round with outdoor activities, sports, spa and wellness breaks, and entertainment.
The holiday apartment "Kyle" is situated just five minutes' walk from the centre of Bodenmais with its wide variety of bustling restaurants, cafes and shops.
For forest walks and downhill as well as cross country skiing, the Silberberg mountain is just a five minutes' drive and the Grosse Arber, the "Mont Blanc of the Bavarian Forest", is a twenty minutes' drive away.