Manod View Holiday Cottage
Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 3
Manod View is a charming stone cottage on the fringe of the old slate mining town of Blaenau Ffestiniog, famous for the Ffestiniog narrow gauge steam railway.The cottage offers spacious, comfortable holiday accommodation which is extenuated by the high ceilings and light neutral décor throughout. The cottage is a perfect base for couples, friends and families wishing to explore this area of outstanding natural beauty. Situated amongst some dramatic scenery in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park the cottage is ideally situated for exploring the area, and is only a relatively short walk away and an even shorter drive! from the Ffestiniog Steam Train railway station in the town itself. The cottage itself offers the comfort of gas central heating throughout, a spacious lounge and separate dining room for those leisurely breakfasts, a spacious main bedroom with king-size bed and a well appointed bathroom with double ended bath for those romantics amongst us!!
Care has been taken to ensure the cottage offers a real home from home, with attention to detail right down to providing a really comprehensive information guide, maps and even a compass. There is also a welcoming bottle of wine for when you arrive.
There is a delightful terraced garden at the rear with garden furniture and a chiminea and enjoys views of mountainous scenery and a natural waterfall. We also welcome well behaved dogs (2 maximum).
Features & Facilities include:
• The lounge is warm & welcoming with a real 'home from home' feel. Relax in front of the gas 'living flame' coal effect fire set in a period style fireplace and sets the room off beautifully.
• French doors lead through to a well appointed dining room which comfortably seats 3, ideal for enjoying that leisurely breakfast or late night supper!
• The kitchen is well equipped with electric cooker and hob, extractor hood, microwave, fridge with icebox, washer/ dryer and dishwasher.
• Spacious upstairs bathroom with double ended bath and shower over, low level WC and basin.
• Spacious bedroom with a king size bed and a smaller, but comfortable single bedroom.
• Full gas central heating.
• Complimentary bottle of wine & welcome gift on arrival
• Electricity & gas included
• 2 well behaved dogs welcome (please bring own dog beds and towels)
• Bed Linen, towels and tea towels provided. We also provide the following 'consumables': Washing up liquid, washing up brush, cloth & sponge, washing powder/liquid, dishcloths, and tea towels. Liquid soaps by washbasins, toilet roll and bin bags. We also provide a small supply of Tea, Coffee & Sugar and a selection of Herbal & Fruit Teas. There is also a condiment set of Salt, Pepper & Vinegar, and a small selection of assorted herbs.
• Free roadside parking at the front of the cottage.
• The nearby town of Blaenau Ffestiniog offers an array of shops, eating establishments & pubs.
• Strictly No Smoking
• LED TV/DVD/CD with FreeSat, iPod dock & a good selection of DVD's, books & games.
• There is an enclosed gated front courtyard and a rear enclosed terraced garden with bench & garden furniture, a great spot to enjoy evening drinks after a day in the mountains.
Please note:- The front and rear gardens are elevated and accessed by steps, children should always be supervised.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Black Rock Sands, Morfa Bychan 15 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest railway: Blaenau Ffestiniog 1.5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (1), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The North Wales region
Nowhere else in Britain will you find such variety, in such a compact area, as you will in Snowdonia - or Eryri as it is known in Welsh. There are many places to visit, and things to do in Snowdonia, so come and enjoy what's on offer.
The property stands slightly elevated from the road with about 5 steps to the front door and is set back by the pavement and front courtyard. The property enjoys a pleasant outlook of craggy mountainous scenery and a waterfall that cascades down the hillside to the front of the cottage. Manod View is situated in a terrace of about 12 cottages close to a road, however the property is double glazed throughout and this does minimise what little road noise there is. There is free parking available on the roadside at the front. Manod View exudes a friendly welcome with a warm ambience. An ideal location for exploring the attractions Snowdonia offers.
The old slate mill, Melin Pant yr Ynn is only a short walk away and is the earliest surviving slate mill in Blaenau Ffestiniog. Since its closure the mill has been converted into a private house, the home of Falcon Hildred, a renowned local artist. Nowadays the mill, which is grade 2 listed, is open to the public and contains an interesting collection of industrial artefacts and an exhibition of water colour drawings recording the historic town, quarries and dramatic landscape of Blaenau Ffestiniog. The waterwheel can also be seen working, except in very dry conditions.
There are some fantastic walks, lakes & waterfalls from the cottage, and the area is great for fishing, golfing and mountain biking.
The town of Blaenau Ffestiniog is approximately ½ a mile away from the cottage, a lovely slate mining town which is steeped in history and is proud of it's heritage of slate and steam. The rugged craggy landscape is an area of outstanding natural beauty, surrounded by the Moelwyn and Manod mountain ranges, and offers a wealth of walks, lakes, waterfalls and attractions such as the World Famous Ffestiniog narrow gauge steam railway and the Llechwedd slate caverns which is also the home of Antur Stiniog's new downhill mountain bike centre with world class downhill tracks and trails.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- 163 properties
- 121 properties
- 115 properties
- 88 properties
- 86 properties
- 79 properties
- 64 properties
- 47 properties
- 45 properties
- Blaenau Ffestiniog
- 34 properties
- Bangor - Wales
- 20 properties
- 17 properties
- 17 properties
- Llan Ffestiniog
- 14 properties
- Menai Bridge
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties