High Park Lodge
House | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
This pretty Victorian Lodge house has recently been totally refurbished making it an ideal luxurious relaxing getaway. High Park Lodge was built in the early 1900's and is a detached 2 bedroom house situated in the heart of North Devon. It offers easy access to beaches, moors, coastal path walks, cycle paths, golf courses, horticultural gardens, children friendly fun parks, and many other traditional outdoor and indoor recreational activities for those seeking a truly relaxing, yet active, break away from the stresses of day-to-day life.
The house is situated with 14 acres of private land with secure access via electric gates. Within the grounds is an accessible large natural lake featuring stunning vegetation, over 200 fish and a boat house.
The house, refurbished and modernised in April 2014, features a brand new kitchen with traditional feel, super king bed in the master bedroom, all new solid oak furniture and carpet throughout, Laura Ashley leather sofas and recessed LED lighting.
• Lounge - 2 leather Laura Ashley two seater sofas, coffee table, 39” LCD TV with freeview, DVD player, Ipod player, side tables and side lamps.
• Dining Room – large 6 place dining table, ideal for visiting guests, and 2 console tables, all in solid oak.
• Kitchen – electric hob, fan oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, plate rack, Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee maker, toaster, kettle, food processor, cutlery, glasses, pots, pans and other cooking utensils.
• Bedroom 1 – Large Super King (6' – 180cm) double bed, bedside table, built in wardrobe with integral side table, 2+4 chest of drawers and dressing table. Black out lining on the blinds to ensure a good night's sleep.
• Bedroom 2 – Two single (3' – 90cm) beds, two bedside tables, integrated wardrobe, 2+4 chest of drawers and dressing table. Black out lining blinds to ensure a good night's sleep.
• Bathroom – Bath / shower, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
• Private Garden – 6 seat wooden garden table, charcoal BBQ, and garden shed for additional storage.
• Parking – private parking for 2 cars, with secure electric wrought iron gates closed at night.
Cots (either travel or a wooden Mothercare cot with mattress), stair gate and highchairs are available with our compliments on request.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Westward Ho! 4 km|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter Airport 99 km, Nearest railway: Barnstaple Station 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
The West Country region
North Devon is a stunning part of England featuring many surfing havens, sandy blue flag beaches, two moors (Dartmoor & Exmoor), miles of walks including the South-West Coast Path, cycle paths, top 100 golf courses including the oldest in England and much more.
There is lots to do within the local area including many beaches, cycle paths, coastal walks, gardens and other places of interest.
• The nearest beach, Westward Ho!, is only 2 ½ miles away and boasts 1 ½ miles of award winning Blue Flag sand, which it's held since 2003. A nominal parking charge of £3.50 is applicable from May through September, and free from October through April. The beach is dog friendly all year round..
• Our favourite beach is Saunton Sands; 20 miles away but well worth the drive. This privately owned 3 miles beach boasts the largest sand dune in England. The beach is popular with surfers, swimmers and allows dogs all year round. Take a surf lesson, rent a beach hut for the day or enjoy a leisurely lunch in one of the two cafes overlooking the beach.
• Croyde, 23 miles from Littleham, is just 3 miles further on from Saunton Sands, and has a small 0.4 mile long beach, and is extremely popular with surfers.
• Woolacombe, 25 miles from Littleham, is another 2 mile long beach again popular with surfers.
• Bude, 23 miles south, is a small but popular surfing beach.
• The Tarka Trail is a fantastic cycle path which utilises sections of old railway line running 30 miles from Braunton in the North to Meeth in the South. Bikes can be hired easily from Bideford Bicycle and Kayak Hire located on the East side of Bideford. From there visitors can cycle 16 miles North toward Braunton, or 14 miles South toward Meeth. As no cars are allowed, it is safe for cyclists of all ages, joggers and walkers.
• Royal North Devon Colf Club at Westward Ho! is the oldest golf course in England. The golf course is as tough as any of the UK's more famous links layouts and has recently been placed in Golf World 's "Top 100 Courses in the World" that a golfer “must play”.
• Saunton Golf Club boasts two Championship courses which have been listed in Golf World & Golf Monthly magazine's 100 Best Courses in the UK.
• Ilfracombe Golf Club, 26 miles from Littleham, boasts one of the most spectacular locations in the UK for an exhilarating round of golf. Situated on top of the rugged cliffs of the North Devon coast, every tee has an awe-inspiring view over the sea, from the Welsh Coast and Lundy Island, to as far as the eye can see on the Atlantic horizon
• Other courses within the local area are
Great Torrington Golf Club
Portmore Golf Park
Libbaton Golf Club
Willingcott Valley Golf Course
Places of Interest
• Clovelly is a privately owned village with only around 400 permanent residents. Clovelly has been associated with just three families since the middle of the 13th century, a period of nearly 800 years. Walk down the high street and tour a traditional fisherman's cottage. Enjoy an ice cream in the sun whilst sitting on the harbor wall. There is a land rover service to take you back to the car park if you don't fancy the walk back up.
• Exmoor – This stunning National Park is only 20 mile drive East. Situated on the North coast, Exmoor National Park contains an amazing variety of landscapes within its 267 square miles (692 square kilometers). A unique landscape of moorland, woodland, valleys and farmland, shaped by people and nature over thousands of years. Where high cliffs plunge into the Bristol Channel, and cosy pubs and tearooms offer delicious local produce.
• Dartmoor - is the largest and wildest open country in Southern England. Dartmoor is only 25 mile drive South. It covers an area of 368 square miles. There is plenty to explore with over 450 miles of public rights of way, it's ideal for walkers. Cyclists are also catered for with on and off road cycle routes.
• The Big Sheep was voted best large attraction in North Devon for 2013/14 and has plenty for all the family with both indoor and outdoor attractions. The Big Sheep is a 5 minute drive away.
• Lundy Island - only 3 miles in length and half a mile wide, this island still has plenty going on. For nature lovers, there is an abundance of wildlife including puffins and seals or for adventure seekers, climb the famous Devil's slide. Either arrive by ferry or in style by helicopter.
• RHS Rosemoor Gardens - only 10 miles away, these spectacular gardens are a must for gardeners. Check their calendar of events for full details.
• There are plenty of great eating options from the award winning 'Tea on the Green' at Westward Ho!, traditional pub lunches, fresh fish and sea food in local bistros and cafes to Michelin dining at the Mason Arms in Exmoor. Visit the farmers' markets and the pannier markets in Bideford and Barnstaple where you will find antiques, local arts and crafts and local produce.
• Atlantic Village outlet shopping centre has a number of outlet shops including Gap, Nike, Cadburys, Pro Cook, Denby and many more.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
15 Sep 2014
"Great stay, highly recommend"
Beautiful spot. Secluded and independent but close enough to amenities, beaches and access to surrounding area to make it convenient.The lodge is extremely well kept and well appointed. Cosy and chara… More
8 Aug 2014
"Fantastic, relaxing stay in beautiful house - High Park Lodge is a real gem"
Amazing 2 week stay in this beautiful lodge. Off to a good start with a generous welcome pack. Enjoyed relaxing in the high spec house with sunny, spacious garden and the hidden treasure lake within t… More
25 Jul 2014
"Lovely renovated Lodge done to high specifications"
We had a lovely time at the lodge. It is newly refurbished and is very well equipped. Near several family and surfing beaches, a great location. Would definitely recommend for families or couples.… More
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
85% Response rate
Calendar last updated:15 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- 494 properties
- 488 properties
- 232 properties
- 202 properties
- 162 properties
- 147 properties
- 109 properties
- Westward Ho
- 97 properties
- Combe Martin
- 71 properties
- 54 properties
- 48 properties
- 46 properties
- 46 properties
- 26 properties
- 22 properties
- 16 properties
- 16 properties
- 9 properties
- North Tawton
- 6 properties
- 6 properties