L'Exotique Cote Basque holiday
Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 8
The luxury "architect designed" house is ideally located amongst the very sought after residential area "Chiberta Pignada Forest", close to the beaches and the local square "5 cantons" with shops and restaurants. At walking distance to the long surveyed beaches, restaurants and cafes, and the many relaxing activities: cycling path, surfing schools, golfs, tennis, horse riding (stables 400ms away), ice skating .... With it's stunning large heated pool (5x10) tiled with ceramics, and timber decks on both sides, it is a very beautiful environment to relax after the beach. Large family room with high ceilings, antique and modern furniture, views of the pool, bamboo's and trees....Timber floors and white tiles, american kitchen, plasma screen and Bose, 4 double bedrooms upstairs (1 king bed, 5 doubles, and 2 baby cot), 2 baths (1 spa), 2 showers, all modern amenities, makes it an ideal destination for a sharing vacation with friends or family. Can sleep up to 8. Bikes and beach toys provided.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Anglet 800 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||600 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Biarritz 6 km, Nearest railway: Bayonne 5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Double beds (6), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
Towels, linen, table cloth, tea towels are provided as well as bikes.
- Orientation: EAST/SOUTH/WEST : Sunny (main facade to the SOUTH). Pool view
- Sun room to read
- American kitchen, bar and big American fridge
- ducted vacuum
- Log fire insert and wood provided
- House cleaner on request
- Sports coach (gym, acqua gym, Zumba, Boxe....) on request.
|Further details outdoors|
- Gardener, and swimming pool cleaner
- The garden is exposed south, and sheltered with beautiful trees. It is inclosed, so kids are safe inside the property.
- The pool is heated (30/32 degrees). It has a translucent cover called "abrideal" for shoulder season which helps maintaining it warm, clean and secure, while you can still swim under it. It has hydraulic poles to keep it open.
- There is an alarm for the kids security
- We also provide a local made gaz barbecue called "Plancha"
- There is a free bus to the beaches at 50ms.
- House available all year round.
The Aquitaine/Dordogne region
The region is world famous for its surfing and a privileged destination for golf-lovers who relish the vast choice of golf courses within a 40km radius, as well as many sporting activities such as tennis, Basque pelote, horse riding…The local gastronomy, traditional villages fêtes, architectural heritage, green countryside, mountains, the ocean and… several thalassotherapy to relax and well-being treatment.
• Situated on the Basque coast in a prime location between the sea and the mountains and at the gateway to Spain
• An elegant and very relaxing seaside resort which lives at the pace of its year-round sports and cultural events
• Exceptional beaches and the birthplace of golf and surfing in France
• Starting point for a number of excursions to Landes, Spain, the back country and the Basque Coast
The Basque country ( " Euskal Herria" In the Basque language) is the area around the western foothills of the Pyrenees mountains as it slopes down to the "Bay of Biscay". It has been home to the Basque people for many centuries. The area is well known for it's glitzy beach resort Biarritz, and it's more cultural old town of Bayonne. Traditional Basque music, sports and festival, are a big part of the summer 's entertainment, as well as the beaches activities such as sun backing, surfing, diving, fishing, cycling. There is also a large choice of golf courses (7).
It is an excellent base from which to explore the region as it has good transport links, and plenty of restaurants
Away form the coast, you will be able to discover little one street villages, and green valleys to explore.
Spain is only 30 kms away which make a tapas evening in the old San Sebastien a very attractive option.
The house is situated in the very secluded residential area of "Chiberta Forest ", surrounded by a lot of vegetation and pine trees, in the northern outskirt of Biarritz and south of Bayonne, only 2 kms from the Biarritz light house. You can walk every where (beaches, golf, square with shops), or use bicycles,
• 850m from the beach and surf, 500ms from the tennis, golf and stables, 200ms from the forest...
- Thalassotherapie and heated seawater pool, jacuzzi, hammam and sauna (1km)
- Gym and massages.
• Tennis at Chiberta (500ms), Biarritz Olympique (2.5 km): 14 courts, including 4 indoor and 3 floodlit
• 8 Golf courses in a radius of 20 km, including:
- Biarritz Le Phare Golf course, 18 holes (2 km)
- Ilbarritz International Training Centre Golf course, 9 holes (8 km)
- Golf courses at Chiberta (500ms), Seignosse (20 km), Arcangues (6 km), Bassussary (12 km), Ilbarritz (3km), La Nivelle (13 km), Moliets (50 km)
• Motor sports: Biarritz Indoor Go-Karting (4.5 km)
• 4x4 treks discovering the Basque Country: Passion Côte Basque 4x4
Don't forget to visit
-Bayonne and Biarritz chocolatiers and patisseries Cazenave, Darranatz, Henriet,......
- World class waves in Anglet
- World class golf courses in Anglet, Biarritz, St Jaen de Luz.....
- frantic game of high speed Pelote basque
- Petit train de la Rhune
- folow the centuries- old footsteps of pilgrims to Santiago de Compostela
- Bayonne festival ( don't forget to weare white and red clothes) during the first week of August
- Villages festivals, all summer round
- Music festival in June 24th
- Biarritz dance festival in September "le temps d'aimer"
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
19 Aug 2014
"excellent location, warm pool,welcoming hosts,all very easy"
This is a lovely villa in an attractive setting with plenty of shade if the sun is too much. Shops, restaurants within cycling distance (bikes helpfully provided by owners). The pool is kept at a very… More
22 Jul 2014
"Beautifully spacious house with amazing pool and gardens in a perfect location to enjoy Anglet and Biarritz."
Our family loved our stay. Beautiful home that is spacious and very practical. Amazing and clean pool big enough for relaxing and swimming. Gardens are lush and the garden grounds create a peaceful surrounds. The location is excellent allowing one to enjoy Anglet and Biarritz easily. Excellent service by the owner. Would definitely stay again.
23 Aug 2013
We had a very nice time in the house and near the pool. Pool alarm for children is a secure option we appreciated. We didn't need to cary too much things with us : babychair and 2 beds for little children were already there.
We did not get to meet you but we are very happy to hear that your family enjoyed so much the garden and the heated pool, the new large timber decks and sliding bay windows opening the kitchen to the pool. I am also glad that all the items we provided for the children where useful and made your travel lighter. Your father has booked the property again for next year, thank you very much.
Kind regards. Agnes
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:28 Aug 2014
Based in France
- 553 properties
- Saint Jean de Luz
- 276 properties
- 196 properties
- 142 properties
- 58 properties
- 49 properties
- Vieux Boucau Les Bains
- 48 properties
- 36 properties
- 28 properties
- 22 properties
- 15 properties
- Labenne Ocean
- 14 properties
- 12 properties
- La Bastide Clairence
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties