Apartment | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
This Attic apartment is situated in one of the traditional old houses in the picturesque Village of Polop (only 10 mins drive from Benidorm) which is a typical Spanish village about 12 klm from the beaches of Altea Albir & Benidorm and near to the historic mountain village of Guadalest. The apartment is approx 75 sq m with an open plan living/dining and kitchen area. One of the sofa's in the living room converts to a bed. The master bedroom is a spacious double room, there is a 2nd double bedroom. The large terrace has panoramic views of the mountains and is south facing thus benefiting from all year sunshine. The apartment is fully furnished and affords the following facilities central heating, fridge/ freezer, washing machine, dish washer, air conditioning. UK satellite TV & WIFI. There is on street parking nearby. Free WIFI is also available in a few of the local bars. Great base for Walkers Cyclists Climbers and Golfers in fact anyone who who appreciates the great outdoors. Send a message to check availability.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Costa Blanca Benidorm Altea Albir & Villajoy 12 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Alicante Airport http://www.alicante-airport.net/ 40 km, Nearest railway: Benidorm (local) Alicante Alicante Main Line 12 km|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, BBQ|
The Costa Blanca/Valencia region
The village of Polop is located inland in the Costa Blanca North in an area known as the Marina Alta. The local economy is based mainly on agriculture. The village is a delight to explore and perfect for a morning or afternoon ramble. The hill, where the old castle was situated is encircled by a medieval wall, and is a 'must' to walk up. Follow the Stations of the Cross to the castle remains and you'll be well rewarded with some fabulous views before you enjoy a cool drink at the café bar at the top. There you will marvel at spectacular views to Calpe, Albir and Altea on the coast and inland to Callosa and the Sierra Bernia Mountains. The area is dominated by the Leon Dormido - the Sleeping Lion mountain which lies behind Polop.
Places of interest and ideas of things to do in Polop
• Village Centre: take a wander around the picturesque old streets and charming church.
• Castle: walk up the hill to the old castle for some spectacular views.
• Market: Wednesday morning.
Quiet of Polop or hustle & bustle of the coast
• Polop can easily be combined with the nearby resort of Benidorm. It provides a perfect contrast to the busy, commercial beaches of Benidorm. So spend the morning exploring the village of Polop then head to one of the many nearby award winning beaches for an afternoon of sun, sea and sand!
• Spend a day exploring the nearby historic mountain top village of Guadalest. Here you will have panoramic views of the coast and mountains and can enjoy a boat trip on the turquoise waters of the lake.
• If you don't fancy cooking much you can enjoy a meal in Polop. There are many bars and cafes to choose from offering traditional Spanish and International cuisine. Then maybe head to the nearby water falls known as Fonts del Algar for a day splashing around in the crystal clear mountain waters and plunge pool.
15th to the 18th of August and the Patron Saint Fiesta around the 4th till 7th of October.
Local attractions are The stunning country side, walking, climbing, painting photography & of course the beaches and attractions of the local theme parks Terra Mittica, Terra Natura, Mundomar and of course the award winning beaches where water sports are available all along the coast.