Mignon House, 9 Abbey Green
Apartment | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 10
MIGNON HOUSE is a comfortable 5 bedroom Grade II listed maisonette in the very centre of Bath over looking the famous Plane Tree of Abbey Green. Located in a peaceful, predominantly residential square, it is very close to the shopping centre, all major sights, great pubs, and night clubs as well as award winning restaurants. The Thermae Bath Spa is just a 3 minute walk and just a short stroll from the Theatre Royal and the Royal Crescent.
The spacious accommodation offers 5 tastefully decorated bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en-suite), a large living room, well equipped kitchen and a utility room spread over three floors. The house dates back to c. 1740 and boasts many period features: sash windows, a spectacular staircase, high ceilings & chandeliers as well as a fine collection of engravings of Bath.
The living room is ideal for recuperation with its extensive library, DVD collection and 40” TV. The well equipped kitchen is light and spacious and is situated next to the living room. The two master bedrooms have super king size pocket sprung beds which can be separated to ensure flexible sleeping arrangements. All the beds are dressed in super soft Egyptian Cotton bed linen guaranteeing a great nights sleep.
Whether you come to Bath for a break with family or friends, a girly weekend, or one of Bath many events, Mignon House provides peaceful, comfortable and spacious accommodation for up to 10 people to have a fantastic stay.
"A fantastically well equipped, comfortable home from home in the most perfect of location!"
Milk, Bread, Tea, Coffee, and a bottle of Prosecco will be there upon your arrival. All rooms have secondary glazing, an efficient central heating system and WiFi Internet.
2 Car Parking Permits included - free parking for 2 cars in central zone of Bath
No additional costs
Configuration of bedrooms:
1st Bedroom: Super King Sized bed / Two Twin Beds- sleeps 2
2nd Bedroom: Super King sized bed / Two Twin Beds - sleeps 2
3rd Bedroom: King Sized bed - sleeps 2
4th Bedroom: Day bed can form double bed - sleeps one or two
5th Bedroom: Single bed on Mezzanine Level - sleeps one
* 2 futon beds available if needed (in 1st & 3rd bedroom)
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Weston Super Mere 55 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol International Airprt 30 km, Nearest railway: Bath Spa 300 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Single beds (6), Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Further details indoors|
DESCRIPTION OF EACH FLOOR (visit http://www.mignonhouse.com)
Mignon House is a very light, warm and welcoming home furnished with high quality furniture, beds, and a fine collection of engravings and books. The apartment is carpeted and centrally heated throughout, each room has secondary glazing and free WiFi internet access.
- MEZZANINE LEVEL: Utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer, iron and ironing board and a convenient toilet
- LIVING ROOM: The spacious period Living Room provides a delightful space for entertaining or a peaceful refuge after a busy day of sightseeing and shopping. The room boasts a vast selection of books covering a range of topics in particularly British history and especially Bath. From the living room you overlook the famous Plane Tree and inside you will find a 40" Sony flat screen TV, Hi-Fi with Ipod dock, board games and a dvd collection.
- Kitchen: A light kitchen with a large oak dining table with 8 chairs (plus an additional 3) and all the equipment you should require for making a fine feast including a Royal Worcester dining service and Portmeirion serving dishes. The kitchen contains an oven, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave.
- MEZZANINE LEVEL: Bedroom with single bed
2ND FLOOR - 2 large Bedrooms with Ensuite Bathroom -
- Two individually decorated spacious bedrooms with super king size pocket sprung beds which can be split into 2 single beds if required. Both bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms and spacious mirrored fitted wardrobes and bedside tables.
3RD FLOOR - window with a fantastic view overlooking the Abbey.
- A comfortable family bathroom with shower and bath.
- Third bedroom: King size bed (pocket sprung) with fitted cupboard, dressing table with a chair and a mirror.
- Fourth bedroom: daybed which can be extended from single to double (memory foam mattress), wardrobe.
Please Note: for the 10th and 11th guests we have comfortable futon beds - one of which goes in the Third bedroom and one in the master.
|Further details outdoors|
Step OUTSIDE MIGNON HOUSE and you are in the cobbled square of Abbey Green facing the 200 year old Plane Tree. This peaceful predominantly residential area is within a 2 minutes walk of the hustle and bustle of the main shopping centre to the right and to the left just a few steps to the Abbey and Roman Baths. Conveniently Mignon House is just a 3 minute walk to Thermae Spa.
- Close to award winning restaurants and cafe's including Sally Lunn's.
- Within a 10 minutes walk of the Train and Bus Station
- around the corner from a long stay car park
- Next to M&S food Hall and a short walk to Waitrose or Sainsburys Local - no need to worry about food!
- A stone's throw from the Roman Baths, Georgian Pump Room, Bath Abbey, Thermae Spa
- a short walk to Bath's beautiful parks
- in the middle of Christmas Market in Nov - Dec, noise free thanks to secondary glazing, only mulled wine scent...
2 Car Parking Permit included - free parking in central zone of Bath for the duration of your stay
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES: We welcome guests from 2.00 pm on the arrival date and ask guests to check out at 11am on the departure date. We can be flexible with times if arranged in advance. Luggage can be stored on site. Prior to arrival we will send you an information pack. ON ARRIVAL you will find milk, tea/coffee, and bread. All linen and towels are provided.
BOOKING: A deposit of 50% of the rental fee will be payable to confirm the booking and the balance should be paid 30 days before the start of your stay. Should you book less than 30 days in advance the full rental fee will be required..
CANCELLATIONS: In the unfortunate event of a cancellation we will return the full deposit if made more than 8 weeks before arrival. Guests cancelling up to 4 weeks before the start of the holiday will receive a refund of 50% of the balance payment. In case of a split payment, the booking deposit is always non-refundable. Failure to pay full amount within 30 days of stay will be be viewed as a cancellation
REFUNDABLE DAMAGE DEPOSIT: £200 will be secured against each booking and returned within 7 days of stay
PAYMENT METHODS: we accept debit/credit cards, cheque, bank transfer.
ADDITIONAL CHANGEOVER: Guests staying over 2 weeks will receive clean towels, bedding and a general cleaning after 8 days. Guests requiring extra changeovers will be charged £39 for a Double bedroom and £27 for a Single.
The West Country region
BATH IS AN IDEAL BASE for exploring the West Country with most attractions being within an hours drive. Some exciting day trips include Stonehenge, Longleat House and Safari Park, Dyrham Park, Cheddar Gorge and quaint Cotsworld villages. Nearby interesting towns and cities include Bristol, Wells, Salisbury. Surrounded by picturesque countryside and the Kennet and Avon Canal and the River Avon, Bath makes a great starting point for walks or bike rides.
THE BEAUTIFUL AND HISTORIC CITY of Bath is a fascinating place to visit with its beautiful parks, enchanting architecture, acclaimed theatres, fabulous shopping facilities, great pubs and award winning restaurants.
Mignon House is a perfect place to stay located in a peaceful square at the very heart of Bath within a short walk of most of Bath’s many attractions and around the corner from the main shopping centre. The Roman Baths, Pump Rooms and the Natural Thermae Bath Spa are within a 5 minute walk.
All attractions listed below are within an easy walk of Mignon House.
- THERMAE BATH SPA: Britain's original and only natural thermal Spa using mineral-rich waters
- ROMAN BATHS: walk were Roman's walked in Britain's only hot spring
- THE PUMP ROOMS: Historically the social heart of Bath it is now an ideal place for afternoon teas
- PULTNEY BRIDGE: beautiful Georgian bridge and one of a three that has shops
- BATH ABBEY: for the past twelve and a half centuries Bath Abbey has been welcoming visitors
- SALLY LUNN’S: living museum and restaurant where you can try the world famous Bath Bun.
- ROYAL CRESCENT, CIRCUS and QUEEN SQUARE Striking Architecture designed by John Wood and his son.
- HOLBOURNE MUSEUM: A fine building situated at the end of Pultney Street holding a fascinating art collection
- JANE AUSTEN MUSEUM: celebrating Bath's most famous resident
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
9 Apr 2014
"Absolutely perfect location!!!"
For my sister's hen weekend we found Mignon house which was so central that we was on the doorstep to thermae spa and all the shops. We would all stay here again, Paul was a brilliant host and ev… More
24 Mar 2014
"Excellent location, elegant house and good layout."
10 of us stayed in the house this weekend. We had a great time! The house is in a great location in Bath for the train/bus stations, shops etc. The house itself is very light, elegant and the space wi… More
4 Mar 2014
"Perfect location along with comfortable surroundings"
We stayed as a group of 8 girls on a long weekend. The property was so central it didn't matter if some of us wanted to pop back for an afternoon knap to re energise for the night ahead. With all the pubs, restaurants and shops so close by this property is perfect for a group or family. With an excellant pub next door. ( We didnt hear any noise at all) What more you could you ask for. The property itself was lovely ,warm and comfortable with everything you would need for a break away.
3 Mar 2014
"Girlie Gahering Galore"
Hired this house for a 'mature hen' weekend. The position was excellent with all kitchen equipment in place and plenty of glasses and a large fridge freezer to house all the bubbles required… More
22 Feb 2014
"The ideal place to stay in a wonderful city!"
We stayed at Mignon House with 5 of our friends over a weekend to visit the Bath Christmas Market. Paul, the owner, was extremely helpful in the lead up to our stay advising us on the best places to p… More
30 Jan 2014
"A fine, central property - its threshold offers both sanctuary and street life."
From the upstairs window you can practically shake hands with the tree in the square. The next door pub is good. The lounge welcomes socialising and the comfy beds beckon eventually. The owner is smiley and the city offers up most things you could ever want. Bring your friends and enjoy them to the full! The station is just down the road, so you can easily leave your car at home.
21 Jan 2014
"A wonderful property in the centre of a delightful city"
The house has a welcoming feel about it from the moment you enter, A home from home.The house was clean and well maintained to a high standard.The location was perfect for exploring all the sights of … More
21 Jan 2014
"Gorgeous house in the perfect location"
Mignon house was a perfect house for a group of women meeting for the weekend in Bath. Location cannot be beaten, 30 seconds walk from the Roman baths, a plethora of restaurants, right next door to a… More
21 Jan 2014
"Beautiful house in a square at the centre of Bath, everything was perfect!"
Elegant Bath stone Georgian town house above a quirky retro toy shop in a secluded and yet very central square 5 minutes walk from the station. The Abbey and Roman Baths are literally right next door… More
21 Jan 2014
"A fantastic place to spend a fantastic weekend in!"
Every year myself and some friends go away in January to catch up. This year we stayed in Mignon House. The location was second to non. The property was very clean and extremely comfortable with lo… More
Pay online via the Holiday Lettings payment platform with your credit/debit card or your PayPal account to be covered by Payment Protection. Learn more
You're booking with
- 1 Years listed
90% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 325 properties
- 71 properties
- 60 properties
- 49 properties
- Shepton Mallet
- 33 properties
- 30 properties
- 23 properties
- 20 properties
- 19 properties
- Wotton Under Edge
- 18 properties
- 18 properties
- 17 properties
- 14 properties
- 14 properties
- 14 properties
- 12 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 7 properties