About the home
Gwytheryn is our traditional 14th century farmhouse, once the home of the Lords of Gwytheryn. It is believed to be one of the oldest houses in Wales.
Gwytheryn has a wealth of original oak beams and panels and the lounge has an inglenook fireplace for those cozy winter's evenings.
The family kitchen has an electric oven a gas hob, a fridge freezer, a microwave and a dishwasher.
Gwytheryn is suitable for a wheelchair user; it has a ground floor twin bedroom and en-suite bathroom with wheel in shower.
Upstairs there are two double bedrooms one with adjoining twin bedroom original paneling still in site. There are another two bathrooms upstairs one with a bath and the other with a shower. Bath towels and hand towels are supplied.
The private garden and picnic area adds to the luxury and homely atmosphere of this farmhouse, and I hope the children will enjoy the play area and games room.
* Visit Wales 5 star
* 4 bedrooms
* 3 bathrooms
* Suitable for a wheelchair user
* Situated on a working farm
* WiFi available
* All-inclusive prices
* Off road parking
* Games room
* Play area
* Welcome Pack Open fire logs and coal provided.
* Open fire logs and coal provided.
* Full central heating
* Mile walk to village pub, town play area, railway station,
* 1 Dog welcome
* Baby/Children welcome
* Cot/highchair/Bed linen/towels provided
* Private garden and Barbecue area
* Laundry room
|Size:||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Dyffryn Ardudwy Beach, 2km|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 2km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||May take pets - please enquire|
Adapted for wheelchair users
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Pool / Snooker table, Table tennis, Games room, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||4 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom, 1 en suite and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 8|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
Adapted for wheelchair users
|Outdoors:||Private garden, BBQ, Climbing frame|
|Access:||Wheelchair access, Secure parking|
1. Accommodation must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure and will be available after 16.00 on the day of arrival.
2. No cottage is to be occupied by more than the maximum number of people stated during booking. If this happens you will be asked to leave
3. In the event of cancellation: * If we are unable to re-let rental will be payable in full. Please insure your holiday.
4. Breakages or damage is payable at replacement cost.
5. In the event of cancellation by us, our liability shall be limited to the return in full of the monies paid.
6. We cannot be held responsible for valuables or other property of guests left in the cottages or for the damage or accident to vehicles.
7. On vacating the property, please remember that the next guests will arrive a few hours later therefore, it must be left in a clean and similar condition as found on arrival.
8. Pet owners must obtain prior approval before bringing their pet to any property at Ystumgwern. Only up to one dog per property is accepted. Pets must not be left alone in the property and owners must provide a sleeping basket for the animal. Dogs are not allowed upstairs or in any of the bedrooms. Dogs must be kept under control at all times, kept on a lead prevented from fouling the grounds and must not cause annoyance to other people. We reserve the right to request the removal of the animal should any of these conditions be disregarded.
The North Wales / Snowdonia/Gwynedd region
Snowdonia is a contrast of rugged mountains and wooded valleys, rushing streams and peaceful lakes, glorious beaches and boat-dotted harbours at Porthmadog, Barmouth and Pwllheli where they host international race meetings.
The Barmouth / Dyffryn Ardudwy area
Situated in the Snowdonia national Park Gwytheryn is only a mile walk down to Dyffryn Beach which was awarded the Green Coastline award for its clean beach environment and water. Within 2 miles there is a selection of shops and pubs. The mountains for roaming are just as close with numerous lakes and rivers close by. If you prefer a guided walk the annual walking festival at Barmouth held in September is proving more popular every year.
Remember to bring your bikes the cycle routes are fantastic and Coed-y-Brenin has some very interesting daredevil paths to concur.
Its only 5 miles to the busy seaside resort of Barmouth with its numerous eating places and shops and 5 miles south is the historic town of Harlech with its magnificent castle and golf course.
You will find the most glorious ten mile expanse of sandy beaches from Harlech to Barmouth. Visit quaint villages such as Llanbedr, the gateway to Shell Island and Llandanwg with its Celtic church in the sand dunes.
Steam trains, Llanfair slate mines where "The Last Knight" was filmed, learn how hard the colliers of Yesteryear worked, Portmeirion (the Italian village where The Prisoner was filmed) are all close by and if you need any help during your stay we are always more than happy to help in any way.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Contact the advertiser for further details on the best way to reach this property.
Activities near Barmouth
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
08 Aug 2012
I stayed here with friends and family recently and found the accommodation to be very clean, nice and old fashioned decor - exposed beams, real fire - nice. We had great weather so the garden out... more
22 Jun 2012
I went on this holiday with my husband and his family as this was there regular family holiday when they were children and I can see why.
This cottage is very spacious as there were 8 of who... more
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 8|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|3 Nov 12||21 Dec 12||£ 550||£ 150||£ 150||2 Nights|
|21 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||£ 970||£ 138||£ 138||1 Week|
|5 Jan 13||29 Mar 13||£ 550||£ 137||£ 137||3 Nights|
|29 Mar 13||12 Apr 13||£ 750||£ 160||£ 160||4 Nights|
|12 Apr 13||24 May 13||£ 690||£ 172||£ 172||3 Nights|
|24 May 13||31 May 13||£ 1030||£ 147||£ 147||1 Week|
|31 May 13||21 Jun 13||£ 750||£ 188||£ 188||3 Nights|
|21 Jun 13||19 Jul 13||£ 850||£ 213||£ 213||3 Nights|
|19 Jul 13||23 Aug 13||£ 1130||£ 162||£ 162||1 Week|
|23 Aug 13||30 Aug 13||£ 1030||£ 147||£ 147||1 Week|
|30 Aug 13||27 Sep 13||£ 670||£ 168||£ 168||3 Nights|
|27 Sep 13||18 Oct 13||£ 565||£ 141||£ 141||3 Nights|
|18 Oct 13||1 Nov 13||£ 750||£ 159||£ 159||4 Nights|
|1 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 550||£ 78||£ 78||1 Week|
|21 Dec 13||6 Jan 14||£ 970||£ 139||£ 139||1 Week|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Please ask about short breaks and special offers nightly rate based on staying minimum stay please ask if you require extra nights at lower rateBook
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Selected other homes from this advertiser
North Lodge in Barmouth, Wales
Tan-Y- Graig and Godre'r Graig in Harlech, Wales
Tan-Y-Graig in Harlech, Wales
Holiday accommodation in Wales (3,429)