Farmhouse | 5 bedrooms | sleeps 10
This beautiful home is very spacious and has both wifi and English Sky TV. The lovely Norman fireplace in the dining room is wonderful in the winter. More specifically the property has the following rooms:
* Spacious dining room with large table and benches (high chairs available) with an open log fireplace and door to south-facing courtyard garden, doorway and 2 steps down to:
* Fully-fitted modern kitchen with fridge/freezer, dishwasher, built-in oven with microwave, gas hob;
* Laundry room with washer/dryer and sink.
* Boot/utility room/study. Telephone (incoming & local calls).
* Large recpetion room zones into two areas with feature fireplace (not working), built-in drinks cupboard with fridge, satellite TV and video, very comfortably furnished with sofas, desk with games, door to courtyard garden. Wide granite staircase in turret with door to garden at rear of house:
* WC on half-landing, to the first floor.
* 4 spacious bedrooms: 1/2 king-size double, 3/2 twins (one set of twin beds can be zipped together on prior request), all with built-in wardrobes, matching furniture and high quality linen and towels.
* 2 bathrooms (one with bath/shower over, twin basins and WC, the other with bath/shower over and basin). Travel cots available. Landing with views over the garden, oak stairs leading to
* Enormous master bedroom suite with king-size four poster canopied bed (curtained access from turreted staircase), seating area with wing chairs, dressing area and en suite shower room with basin & WC.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Carolles 70 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Rennes 99 km, Nearest railway: Flers 32 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (3), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 15, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Further details indoors||
The Farmhouse has been sympathically interior designed to reflect its historic roots whilst providing high levels of comfort. The charming turret provides a home for wide granite stairs which provide direct access to the rear landscaped garden.
The property lends itself as much to cosy winter weeks away to bright summery days. The sitting room is particuarly cosy with its two seating areas designed for groups to watch TV or sit and chat and play games.
|Further details outdoors||
The property has a communal building for outdoor dining and both gardens (front orchard and rear landscaped garden) are for everyone's use.
We provide a few bicycles which can be found in the Bakehouse but recommend you bring you own if you would like to take advantage of our very close proximity to the disused railway track which is now a cycle route.
The Normandy region
Normandy is a beautiful part of France, seeped in history and with plentiful sights to go and visit. From the D Day landing beaches to the Bayeau tapestry the area has something to interest everyone. Children will love the charming castle of Carrouges and Chateau D’O and Le Haras du Pin, the national stud whilst adults might prefer a trip to Monet's garden (about 80km away) or the Apple and Pear museum.
St Fraimbault, a 'village fleuries' is about 20 minutes from Boudet as is Ambrieres-les-Valées, where there is an outside swimming pool, archery, mini golf and canoeing. Aqualand at Avranches is fun.
The ‘Suisse Normande’, a pleasant river valley with some crags and rolling hills and a lovely area for picnics and the opportunity to watch the multitude of paragliders is an easy day trip. Walking, cycling and even canoeing from Pont d'Ouilly are other options.
For those with younger children visit the Enchanted Village at Bellefontaine north of Mortain. Situated in a large parkland it offers a variety of traditional attractions including a miniature railway, electric cars and a quaint fantasy land.
The climate is similar to that of Southern England.
Boudet is agreat base for keen cyclists to stay at whilst exploring Normandy. We are moments from the Flers-Domfront veloroute or Voie Verte (a disused railway line cycle track) which forms part of an extensive network. This offers an excellent and safe opportunity to get about and explore the area - you can even cycle to Mont St Michel. Do bring your own bikes. We have some on site but they are better used for short local trips!
There is an open air swimming pool at Mortain (15 min drive), horse riding is available near Barenton. Bungee jumping can be found near Clecy.
Golf can be played at Clecy, Granville, Dol de Bretagne and Bagnoles de L’Orne's whose golf course is closest to us. It is a beautiful 9 hole course designed by Harold Becker in 1925 and situated in the middle of the Andaine forest. It is a very pretty, reasonably flat but physical course that dominates in the “doe-ford” glade. A river meanders through the forest and often borders the fairways.
For beaches Mount St Michel is about 50 minutes from Boudet. Carolles is the nearest beach 70 km away and the charming fishing town Cancale is 107 km from the property. Other recommended beaches are Deauville, Houlgate and Trouville-sur-Mer. Base de Loisirs La Ferte Mace is a 65 hectare leisure base centred around La Ferte Mace large lake which is a great alternative to a beach. It has lifeguards in July and August, a play area, volley ball, peddocs, mini golf etc.
More practically the local village, with all essential amenities, including a small supermarket is 2 km away. The historic towns of Domfront and Mortain (all facilities) are 12 km away.
The local English caretaker will cater for welcome dinners, lunches, picnics, etc. on request.