Room - Pool - Danish Design - Art
Townhouse | 1 bedrooms | sleeps 6
A GUEST FROM JAPAN JUNE 2013
The Best place EVER for me by far!!! The best way to describe my experience in one word is "5 stars B&B experience"
1. The house is super centrally located. Easy walking distance to Sants (Central station of BCN) and minutes to the main subways.
2. The house is remodelled from classic house into Ultra modern Danish style-Top end design house.
3. All facilities / bedding materials / bath room / kitchen appliances are all TOP-END brands. They are truly 5 Stars quality/function
4. Anna Marie is a "Super host" who offer a "Unique service" which cannot be found any place else. She cooks breakfast and dinner upon your requests. She puts all her heart and soul to pamper you with 5star-hotel quality meals (from my experience they all taste better than many 5 stars hotel/restaurants)
5. Neighbourhood is very safe and surrounded by traditional/modern shops ... for all you need. I basically just relaxed and did not want to move for the whole week that I stayed with her because everything is there at Anna Marie's
6. Complete privacy in your private room, as the guest rooms are completely separated from the common areas (kitchen/pool deck) and the host bedroom, so you can stay amongst yourselves with the room partition that separates you from the other side of the house.
7. Cleanliness is the best of all and most important to me. The host cleans every day the entire house to perfection. Ensure air circulation so all room do not have any bad smell left and feel fresh. I have never met any one who likes things cleaner than myself. This point STANDS out amongst all experience with places around the world.
I highly recommend Anna Marie's place for those who are
a. Well mannered / capable to communicate well with the host
b. Capable to accommodate / understand and respect with rules and hosts properties.
c. Those who like to find alternative home out of home experience with the super host who will pamper you and make your travel experience 5 star.
d. Suitable for 1 up to 6 group travellers. As there are 2 Kings Size beds with super quality mattresses and 2 single beds.
I am amazed with the experience I have had at her place. And cannot think of other places besides Anna Marie's if I should visit Barcelona again. Only problem is I would hope the place will be available for me again next time. Thank you again Anna Marie
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Barcaloneta, metro 38 mn., bus 45 mn (bus number D20 next door direct to the beach), taxi 15 mn. 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Taxi 20 minutes approx. 25-30 euro 15 km, Nearest railway: Central railway station ESTACION SANTS 5-10 mn walk 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
The Catalunia region
SIGHTSEEING - RESTAURANTS
Your host will provide you with her own 4-5 pages personal suggestions of where to go and what to see - buildings, districts, shops, tapas-bars and restaurants. Even within a few days you can discover a lot of Barcelona without being stressed and leave town feeling that you saw the essential.
TRANSPORT TIME TO POPULAR PLACES
The loft is well connected with the two main metro lines and two bus lines around the corner. The central stain station is 10 minutes walk away. Example of distance times in metro from the doorstep of the house: SAGRADA FAMILIA 12 minutes. BEACH 30 minutes. LAS RAMBLAS from the COLOMBUS statue 20 minutes. LAS RAMBLAS from Plaza Catalonia 10 minutes. EL BORN 20 minutes. CASA MILA (LA PEDRERA) 15 minutes. PARC GUËLL 35 minutes. Distance to metros and bus is from 50 to 200 meter (164 to 656 feet).
10 minutes from the tourist area, you will find yourself in a quiet, authentic and pleasant neighbourhood, with a friendly, calm and safe village atmosphere with excellent food stores, bars, restaurants, shops, playgrounds and small nightclubs.
NEXT DOOR – SHOPPING OR EATING OUT
If you wish, we can walk in the surrounding streets to see my favourite food stores, bars, restaurants and I can give you tips about metro and bus transport, buying transport tickets and stamps, getting a prepaid local SIM card, which I can also buy in advance for you along with transport tickets, water, fruits, CAVA, Iberic organic ham, etc.
Mention me as “La Danesa Anna” everywhere and you risk a better treat.
• Excellent bakery & coffee shop a minute away open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. the whole year round (Sants 147) next to a book-store named VICKY
• Next door, at Calle Tenor Masini to your left on the same pavement, a good Italian restaurant has a take-away counter. Closed Sunday and Monday. The Italian owner Guiacomo and his Catalan wife, María Angel, are adorable. I have the menu at home and we can call to order a delivery; they speak Italian and Spanish.
• EL PRACTIC, next to my doorstep. The owner and cook has worked with one of the famous Bulli's cooks.
• Opposite my door, the indispensable Internet shop selling cold water, Coca Cola, Fanta, all sorts of chocolates and chips along with printer service and computer access. Open approx. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. all year round. Do you have more printing than a page or two, give it to me on a USB stick or email it to me and I can have it printed in a cheaper and better quality.
• Next to the Internet shop have your hair set in curls or have a brushing for 7.20 Euro by Gloria. Impeccable and unbeatable prices for waxing from nose to toes, pedicure and manicure. Here you will see “old-days-Barcelona”. Two blocks away, Toni makes exquisite haircuts for approx. 30 Euro. Ask me for the address at call Joan Güell, opposite the metro. On Wednesdays another tiny and also very friendly hairdresser offers a brushing for 11 Euro (3 minutes away) instead of 18 Euro.
• One block away a small bar-restaurant “Bodega” serves good and cheap breakfast & lunch, open 8.30 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Panissars 30); if a FC Barcelona match is on, do not miss the atmosphere here, closed Sunday – unless there is a football match. The locals are hanging out here or at the bar at the other end of the street “Petit Bar”. Leaving my house, turn right, then right again immediately to calle Cardó and second street is Panissars.
• At the other end of the same street (Panissars no. 2 bis), a tiny bar “Petit Bar” serves cheap beers and sandwiches 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Nice and friendly atmosphere in the evenings. Closed on Sunday and sometimes open on Saturday. Depends on the owner Marta's mood.
• Opposite this bar, there is a good Basque tapas restaurant (also entrance from Sants 146).
• At the end of Tenor Masini, almost on the corner of Sants, a nearly invisible restaurant on the left serves grilled meat and vegetables.
• Supermarket Mercadona 9.15 a.m. to 9.15 p.m. Monday to Saturday (Sants 200) 1 minute walk
• Cross the Sants street from Mercadona, go to the left and visit the corner tapas-pastry bar BraCafé open early morning to late night with tapas, pastries and plates. If a tapas plate looks a bit “I have sit here more than an hour” just ask for a fresh one. Very kind personnel.
• There are several more specialised food shops, one better than the other, not to mention the huge, old market which has opened in July 2014 upon 5 years of refurbishing.
I will precise the below addresses:
Cross the traffic light at Sants – you are in Calle Medina. Coffee shop on your left – torrefaction on place! Order the milling for BODUM manual coffee maker.
After the small cross road, after the café, small “traiteur” – delicious, home made food.
At the cross road, go right to Street Caceres – next left corner: THE BEST ham and cheese place I know in town - DO NOT MISS IT.
Further down next Street, also on the left: do no buy fruits and vegetables other places than here.
Anna Marie Jensen "home-made guide" to visit Barcelona in some days without stress and setting off from the city with the feeling you have seen all you should. Please give me any updates and your personal suggestions to my "home-made guide" - remind me to send you by email. There is not enough space here.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
2 Oct 2014
We had high expectations on the appartment because of the beautiful pictures and we were not dissapointed at all. The photo's do not lie. The appartment is really a gem!!!! Before and during our … More
15 Jul 2014
"Super cool apartment in Barcelona"
We stayed here (myself, my partner and teenage daughter) in July for 6 nights after looking at various properties online, and what a great decision it was! The place itself is in a nice area not too … More
28 Apr 2014
"Superb quiet loft in authentic and lively area"
We had a great time in this house! We were very warmly welcomed by the house owner - Anne, who lives in the house as well. Anne shows you all the delicious shops in the neighbourhood and offers to cook for you or prepare breakfast, IF you wish. She told us she even babysits, may you come with small kids and wish to have an evening out just by the two of you. That would have been great – some years ago…… (our children are 16 and 14).
Anne makes you feel at home immediately and fully respects your privacy. The house is beautifully designed, with great Danish furniture, paintings and very comfortable king size beds and lounge chairs. The house has a beautiful roof terrace and patio, with even a small swimming pool.
The house is located in a neighbourhood just off the tourist tracks of Barcelona, so you can still get a local feel. Several nice restaurants around the corner. A quiet And this all just two metro stops away from the Plaza Espana. The Metro is within 2 mins walk, the Sants train station only 8 mins away. Very practical if you want to go to the superb beaches south of Barcelona, such as Sitges.
We have been in Barcelona several times, and we never found such a quiet place. Great after a day in the city buzz.
When we return to Barcelona this will be our choice to stay! Because we never found such a great place (– and certainly not for that price…).
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
Anna Marie J.
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:24 Oct 2014
Based in Spain
- 3181 properties
- 55 properties
- Urbanitzacio Rat Penat, Sitges
- 40 properties
- 31 properties
- 21 properties
- Sant Adria de Besos
- 19 properties
- Castellar Del Valles
- 18 properties
- 18 properties
- Premia de Mar
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 12 properties
- Sant Cugat del Valles
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- Cabrera De Mar
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- Vilassar De Mar
- 7 properties
- 6 properties
- Sant Boi De Llobregat
- 6 properties