Room in loft where your owner also lives
from £111 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £111 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
Townhouse / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 2
A GUEST FROM JAPAN JUNE 2013
The Best place EVER for me by far!!! The best way to describe my experience in one word is "5 stars B&B experience"
1. The house is super centrally located. Easy walking distance to Sants (Central station of BCN) and minutes to the main subways.
2. The house is remodelled from classic house into Ultra modern Danish style-Top end design house.
3. All facilities / bedding materials / bath room / kitchen appliances are all TOP-END brands. They are truly 5 Stars quality/function
4. Anna Marie is a "Super host" who offer a "Unique service" which cannot be found any place else. She cooks breakfast and dinner upon your requests. She puts all her heart and soul to pamper you with 5star-hotel quality meals (from my experience they all taste better than many 5 stars hotel/restaurants)
5. Neighbourhood is very safe and surrounded by traditional/modern shops ... for all you need. I basically just relaxed and did not want to move for the whole week that I stayed with her because everything is there at Anna Marie's
6. Complete privacy in your private room, as the guest rooms are completely separated from the common areas (kitchen/pool deck) and the host bedroom, so you can stay amongst yourselves with the room partition that separates you from the other side of the house.
7. Cleanliness is the best of all and most important to me. The host cleans every day the entire house to perfection. Ensure air circulation so all room do not have any bad smell left and feel fresh. I have never met any one who likes things cleaner than myself. This point STANDS out amongst all experience with places around the world.
I highly recommend Anna Marie's place for those who are
a. Well mannered / capable to communicate well with the host
b. Capable to accommodate / understand and respect with rules and hosts properties.
c. Those who like to find alternative home out of home experience with the super host who will pamper you and make your travel experience 5 star.
d. Suitable for 2 travellers. As there are Kings Size beds with super quality mattresses.
I am amazed with the experience I have had at her place. And cannot think of other places besides Anna Marie's if I should visit Barcelona again. Only problem is I would hope the place will be available for me again next time. Thank you again Anna Marie
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Barcaloneta, metro 38 mn., bus 45 mn (bus number D20 next door direct to the beach), taxi 15 mn. 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Taxi 20 minutes approx. 25-30 euro 15 km, Nearest railway: Central railway station ESTACION SANTS 5-10 mn walk 1 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, Wi-Fi available|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||King Beds (1), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 2|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden|
The Catalunia region
SIGHTSEEING - RESTAURANTS
Your host will provide you with her own 4-5 pages personal suggestions of where to go and what to see - buildings, districts, shops, tapas-bars and restaurants. Even within a few days you can discover a lot of Barcelona without being stressed and leave town feeling that you saw the essential.
TRANSPORT TIME TO POPULAR PLACES
The loft is well connected with the two main metro lines and two bus lines around the corner. The central stain station is 10 minutes walk away. Example of distance times in metro from the doorstep of the house: SAGRADA FAMILIA 12 minutes. BEACH 30 minutes. LAS RAMBLAS from the COLOMBUS statue 20 minutes. LAS RAMBLAS from Plaza Catalonia 10 minutes. EL BORN 20 minutes. CASA MILA (LA PEDRERA) 15 minutes. PARC GUËLL 35 minutes. Distance to metros and bus is from 50 to 200 meter (164 to 656 feet).
10 minutes from the tourist area, you will find yourself in a quiet, authentic and pleasant neighbourhood, with a friendly, calm and safe village atmosphere with bars, restaurants, shops, playgrounds and small nightclubs.
NEXT DOOR – EATING OUT
• Bakery & coffee shop a minute away open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. the whole year round (Sants 147)
• Next door, to your left on the same pavement, a good Italian restaurant. Closed Sunday and Monday.
• EL PRACTIC, next to my doorstep. The owner and cook has worked with one of the famous Bulli's cooks.
• One block away a small bar-restaurant “Bodega” serves good and cheap breakfast & lunch, open 8.30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Basque tapas restaurant (Sants 146).
• At the end of street, corner of Sants, grilled meat and vegetables.
• Sants corner Rambla Brasil tapas-pastry bar BraCafé
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
29 Oct 2014
"Amazing apartment and Anne Marie"
it was a great pleasure to stay at Anne Marie's place. She is an amazing person, with great qualities. She know how to treat well people that are staying with her. The apartment is breathtaking. … More
2 Oct 2014
We had high expectations on the appartment because of the beautiful pictures and we were not dissapointed at all. The photo's do not lie. The appartment is really a gem!!!! Before and during our … More
15 Jul 2014
"Super cool apartment in Barcelona"
We stayed here (myself, my partner and teenage daughter) in July for 6 nights after looking at various properties online, and what a great decision it was! The place itself is in a nice area not too … More
28 Apr 2014
"Superb quiet loft in authentic and lively area"
We had a great time in this house! We were very warmly welcomed by the house owner - Anne, who lives in the house as well. Anne shows you all the delicious shops in the neighbourhood and offers to cook for you or prepare breakfast, IF you wish. She told us she even babysits, may you come with small kids and wish to have an evening out just by the two of you. That would have been great – some years ago…… (our children are 16 and 14).
Anne makes you feel at home immediately and fully respects your privacy. The house is beautifully designed, with great Danish furniture, paintings and very comfortable king size beds and lounge chairs. The house has a beautiful roof terrace and patio, with even a small swimming pool.
The house is located in a neighbourhood just off the tourist tracks of Barcelona, so you can still get a local feel. Several nice restaurants around the corner. A quiet And this all just two metro stops away from the Plaza Espana. The Metro is within 2 mins walk, the Sants train station only 8 mins away. Very practical if you want to go to the superb beaches south of Barcelona, such as Sitges.
We have been in Barcelona several times, and we never found such a quiet place. Great after a day in the city buzz.
When we return to Barcelona this will be our choice to stay! Because we never found such a great place (– and certainly not for that price…).
You're booking with
Anna Marie J.
45% Response rate
Calendar last updated:03 Mar 2015
Based in Spain