Cosy Studio near Plaza España
About the home
Description: A compact and very quiet studio apartment. Being only minutes away from Placa Espanya and across the street from the International Congress hall, Fira Barcelona, this serves as a great lodging alternative for your business trip. An American kitchen allows you to cook your own meals while the comfortable sofa along with a TV, radio and DVD gives you the means to relax and recharge your batteries.
A partial wall separates the lounge/kitchen from the sleeper area where a double bed is waiting for you. Although small, the apartment is equipped with plenty of storage facilities in Spanish carpentry style. The bathroom is ensuite and has a WC, washbasin and bathtub with shower. With a few small windows toward the building's interior, the apartment is calm and quiet. For hot or cool Barcelona days, this flat is equipped with a cold and hot airconditioner. Please note the air conditioner in residential buildings in whole Barcelona is allowed to be used until 22h in order not to disturb the neignbours during the night.
Equipment: Hot and cold airconditioning, flat screen TV, CD and DVD player with radio, washing maching, hairdryer, fridge, cooking plates, microwave, kettle, iron and ironing board & kitchen utensils. Elevator available.
Location: Its very central location is one of this apartment's best points! Within walking distance to the views from the green mountain Montjuic, as well as Las Ramblas, the Miró Park and the beautiful Placa Espanya itself. As this is one of the greatest traffic hubs of the city, you will have no problems getting around to other parts of the city with metro or bus, exploring the city.
Nearby Metro: Placa Espanya (L1, L3)
|Size:||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||Barceloneta, 1.5km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Hen and stag parties
|Access:||Car not necessary|
Lift access to property
Nearest amenities: 50m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for over 5s only|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Double beds (1), Dining seating for 2, Lounge seating for 2|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Access:||Lift access to property|
Further details indoors:
- Air conditioning
- Flat screen TV
- DVD and CD player with radio
- Electrical fan
- Electrical heating
- Vitroceramic cooker
- Cooking utensils provided
- Hair dryer
- Wardrobe with hanging space
- Vacuum cleaner
Further details outdoors:
- In the Rius i Taulet street, you have 2 parkings. It is very useful and you have just a one minute of the building.
- FOR PROFFESIONALS AND STAND EXPOSITORS: "La Fira de Barcelona" is across the street.
- In our apartment you can take advantage of your free time to take a stroll and enjoy the parks.
- The flat has not natural light since it doesn't have windows open directly to the street, which otherwise makes it quiet and private (It has 3 windows, which communicate to the hall of the building and courtyards).
You are dealing directly with the owner, so you avoid paying extra charges and commissions.
We remind you that this is a non smoking apartment, thus keep it clean and in good sanitary condition.
The Costa Brava/Catalonia/Barcelona region
- Barcelona city and the sea: With a coastline stretching more than four kilometres, the recovery of the Barcelona seafront has been one of the most important changes in the city. Today, the beaches are the largest and most popular leisure spaces of the urban landscape.
- Barcelona city by night: Shows, bars, discotheques, concerts, terraces and popular fiestas are just a few of the choices that the city offers for enjoying the Mediterranean night. By night Barcelona provides exciting cultural activities, entertainment and leisure for all tastes.
- Museums of Barcelona city: With the idea of being the city's true cultural driving force, the museums of Barcelona programme all sorts of activities, from temporary exhibitions to itineraries and workshops, offering attractive ways to discover their historic and contemporary collections.
- Active Tourism: Catalonia offers many possibilities for those who seek active tourist experiences based on sport. Such visitors will find excellent facilities assuring them a splendid holiday all over the country. Just choose your favourite sport and find all the different products and facilities available.
- Nature and weather: Nature-lovers will discover not only a pleasant, temperate Mediterranean climate, but also a wealth of landscapes and rich diversity in Catalonia. From steep, rocky coasts to gently sloping sandy beaches, from inland plains and wooded mountains to deep Pyrenean valleys and snow-capped peaks, the opportunities to enjoy nature are endless here.
- Business travel: In Barcelona city, excellent trade fair facilities and convention centres are combined with matchless complementary leisure amenities for those moments of relaxation between deals. The main fair grounds in Catalonia (FIRA DE BARCELONA - PLAZA ESPAÑA) are located across the flat.
The Barcelona / Central Barcelona area
- The apartment is centrally located in downtown Barcelona, right next to the famous Plaza España, Gran Via Avenue, La Fira of Barcelona (Fair Grounds), Las Arenas Bullring, the Mountain of Montjuic, and the Magic Fountains. You have every major city attractions and cultural events within a 15 minutes walking distance (Ramblas, Montjuïc and its Magic fountains, The Gothic Quarter, museums, Poble Espanyol).
- The area is really beautiful and quiet. With several green public spaces around, you will find thematic and historic gardens around. In our apartment you can take advantage of your free time to take a stroll and enjoy the parks. If you want to make a tour of the hill (Montjuïc), you will find, in addition to the popular exotic gardens, a rose garden, some of the city’s museums, various sculptures, historical figures and others dedicated to popular characters, writers and poets.
- Landmarks near the Apartment: National Palace, Montjuïc Magic Fountains, Las Ramblas, National Art Museum of Catalunya (MNAC) and Romanesque Museum, Spanish Village (Poble Espanyol) and Fran Daurel Museum, "Fundació La Caixa" Museum, Mies van der Rohe Pavilion, Miró Museum, Ethnology Museum, Archaeology Museum, Greek Theatre, Theatres: Mercat de les Flors and Teatre Lliure, Olympic Ring, Montjuic Castle, Harbour / Columbus Monument, Joan Miro Park.
DISTANCE TO MAIN ATTRACTIONS
* Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya: 0.47 Km
* Poble Espanyol: 0.59 Km
* Fundació Joan Miró: 0.68 Km
* Estadio Olímpico Lluís Companys: 0.88 Km
* Palau sant Jordi: 1.02 Km
* Museo de Arte Contemporáneo: 1.20 Km
* Estació de Sants: 1.35 Km
* Universitat de Barcelona: 1.77 Km
* Palacio Güell: 1.88 Km
* Las Ramblas: 1.92 Km
* Drassanes Reials: 1.95 Km
* Iglesia Santa María del Pi: 2.02 Km
* Monumento Colón: 2.06 Km
* Catedral de Barcelona: 2.31 Km
* Casa Batlló: 2.34 Km
* Passeig de Gràcia: 2.37 Km
* Palau de la Musica Catalana: 2.48 Km
* Iglesia de Santa María del Mar: 2.67 Km
* Museo Picasso: 2.70 Km
* Camp Nou: 2.71 Km
* Parc de la Ciutadella: 3.33 Km
* Zoo de Barcelona: 3.43 Km
* Palacio Pedralbes: 3.52 Km
* Temple expiatori de la Sagrada Familia: 3.89 Km
* Teatre Nacional de Catalunya: 4.08 Km
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
One of the main advantages is its STRATEGIC LOCATION. The apartment is easily reached by road and are close to the airport, the port and the main railway station. The existence of a public transport system (underground, buses and trams) guarantees access to any part of Barcelona and its metropolitan area. You have a taxi station across the street. Additionally, Plaza España is a hub for public transportation, where you will find 2subway lines and more than 20 bus lines including the touristic bus and the AeroBus (direct shuttle to the airport). “Estació de Sants” (Barcelona Central Train Station) is also close to Plaza España (10 minutes walking distance), and it connects the city with the different peninsular and European capitals as well as the regional and metropolitan areas.
How to get to the flat from the Airport?
- By TAXI: Barcelona has 11.000 taxis which are easily identifiable by their yellow and black colour. It takes between 15/20 minutes to reach the apartment. The ride should cost 25-35 €. The taxi stop is in front of the building.
- By AEROBUS: This special service is clearly identifiable as you will see its name written on the outside of the vehicle. You will find sign posts indicating the platform outside the Airport terminal and bringing you to the city, stopping at different points. A one-way ticket costs around 5 €. You can buy the ticket in the same bus.
- AIRPORT TRAIN: Situated on the west part of the Airport terminal, offers you a train service every 30 minutes to and from Barcelona “Sants” train station where you can take the subway (2 stops to Plaça Espanya) or a taxi.
- By CAR: From the airport take main road C-31 (Autovía Castelldefels) until you reach Plaza España. Turn left (Avenida Rius i Taulet) until you get to Lleida Street. The flat is right in front of the Fira Palace Hotel, at the end of Avenida Rius i Taulet.
Activities near Barcelona
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
27 May 2012
This apartment is described as compact and very quiet. This is only partially true. Compact?. This is by far the smallest apartment I have ever seen. The entire living area, including bedroom, kitchen and bathroom measures 7 mtrs x 2 mtrs. Into this the owner has stuffed some very generous oversized furniture which leaves the place looking like a failed giant Tetris game. Don't take any big suitcases because there is nowhere to put them. Now don't get me wrong. We were only 2 people and enjoyed our stay but felt cooking would have been out of the question. Even washing up a few glasses and plates in the corner sink was spatially difficult. Very quiet it was not. The street was quiet but the other flats were not. The ironic thing you are warned in a big 'back of the door' poster, to respect the peace and quiet of your neighbours. It's a shame they did not do the same. TV's blaring, music playing and people talking well into the night. If we had been allowed to run the air conditioning past 10 pm we might have been able to drown the noise out but sadly...no. There is free wifi, which was good for touristy stuff like google maps. The TV worked but there was not one English language channel. Not even BBC news. There was a modern washing machine and cooker but we never got to try those. The bathroom is OK but the shower has no hang up point for the shower head. You have to crouch in the bath or use it in small bursts. This is OK as the hot water is very limited and only lasts for about 15 minutes so don't wash up before you shower unless you enjoy a cold shower. There is a lift but the flat is first floor and only 10 steps up from the front hall. The meet and greet was efficient, polite and prompt and not too intrusive. The apartment is located 500 metres from Place Espanya, which is handy for the Metro, the hop on & hop off bus, all public buses, and the first stop on the Aero bus from the airport (and last stop going). Ideal. There a number of small bars, restaurants, a patisserie and a couple of small 7 eleven type shops on the quiet street the flat is located on. All in all a nice enough place but not recommended for an extended stay.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 2|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|High Season||1 Jun 12||1 Sep 12||£ 400||£ 65||£ 65||2 Nights|
|Middle Season||1 Sep 12||1 Nov 12||£ 345||£ 56||£ 56||2 Nights|
|Low season||1 Nov 12||1 Apr 13||£ 285||£ 48||£ 48||2 Nights|
|Middle Season||1 Apr 13||1 Jun 13||£ 345||£ 56||£ 56||2 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
MONTHLY rates and special DISCOUNTS available (last minute, early bird, special events), please ask.
PAYMENT: 20% in advance to book (secure payment in our website and also by bank transfer or PAYPAL). The remaining 80% is paid cash or by card on arrival + 200 euro security deposit which is refunded upon check out (returning the keys). Check in, fresh towels/linens, and service fee: 75€. Capacity: up to 2 people. Cleaning and change of towels service and sheets available.
SOME SPECIAL RATES:
Christmas (20 Dec to 7 Jan) and Easter (1 to 9 April 2012) same rates as for high season - minimum stay: 4 nights.
3 GSM congress: 180€/night (7 persons) - minimum stay: 4 nights, and 2 days before and days after the congress - 150€ per night.
LATE ARRIVALS: Arrivals between 21:00h and 23:00h have an extra charge of 25.00€, Arrivals later than 23:00h have an extra charge of 40.00€.
CANCELLATION FEES: Up to 30 days prior to arrival we refund 90% of the reservation fee (10% for bank transfer expenses). From 29 to 10 days prior to arrival we do not refund the reservation fee. Less than 10 days prior to arrival we charge 50% of the total amount of rent. Less than 48h or without cancellation will be charged with the total amount of rent.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the manager
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
6 years listed
You are contacting
FlatBarcelona (property manager)
The property manager is based in Spain and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2006. This apartment has received 1 review from previous guests.
Verified property manager
This property manager has been verified by our team.
Payments for this home can be made directly to the property manager.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Chic Sant Joan Apartment in Barcelona, Spain
Luxury Designer Loft in Barcelona, Spain
Beautiful Vilamarí Apartment in Barcelona, Spain
Holiday apartments in Spain (15,553)