Cottage | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
• Tucked into the hillside just above the sea-front, Ellie Ann Cottage is an immaculately presented traditional fisherman’s cottage. With whitewashed walls and windows overlooking the spectacular bay, it offers the best of modern living in wonderful seaside location.
• The lounge is bright and spacious, with deep-seated sofas and lovely views out to sea. The modern kitchen/dining room is superbly well-equipped and the two bedroom upstairs are beautifully presented with colour-co-ordinated soft furnishings throughout.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||In front of cottage 100 m|
|Will consider||Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Aberdeen Airport, Nearest railway: Ellen|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Further details indoors|
Lounge: With feature 'stove effect' electric fire and views across the sea. We provide Freeview TV, DVD, Xbox, games, toys, books and radio/CD, for all ages.
Kitchen/Diner: With electric oven and halogen hob, microwave, fridge freezer, steamer, washing machine and tumble dryer plus usual kitchen appliances
Bathroom: With bath, shower extension, WC and wash basin. Restricted head height above bath.
Bedroom 1: With double bed, hair dryer. Sea view
Bedroom 2: With two single beds and iPod docking station
|Further details outdoors|
• Patio garden terrace with seating and seaviews.
• Lane leads straight down to the beach and sea.
• Wonderful sea views from property.
• On street parking available free of charge next to cottage.
A small pet is allowed only by prior arrangement, pets are not allowed on the furniture or beds.
Bath and hand towels are provided for use in the cottage only.
Please provide your own beach towels.
Unprotected drops from sea wall onto beach, small children beware!
The Aberdeenshire region
• Aberdeenshire is situated in the north east corner of Scotland, with a great diversity of scenery, including coastlines to the North Sea in the east and the Moray Firth in the North.
• Inland are the Grampian Mountains and part of the Cairngorms National Park. You can explore the County following Castle trails, Whiskey Trails and the Victorian Heritage Trail.
• Peterhead is one of the busiest fishing ports in Europe with over 400 boats and a busy daily fishmarket, and a 100-berth leisure marina. The Maritime Heritage Centre tells the story of the local sailors, fishermen and whalers.
• To the north of Peterhead is the important RSPB Reserve, Loch of Strathbeg, a winter home for thousands of wild geese and swans.
• The Moray Firth is rich in wildlife, it is home to the northernmost colony of Bottlenose Dolphins in the UK, they range from Inverness to Fraserburgh.
• Minke whales are often seen in the Moray Firth usually between June and August as are grey and common seals.
• Troup Head is around 7 miles to the east of Banff and is home to the only mainland gannet colony in Scotland. In the summer months over 150,000 seabirds; gannets, fulmars, kittiwakes, guillemots and puffins, can be seen during the breeding season on the cliffs.
• Situated at the bottom of the cliffs Gardenstown oozes charm and tranquillity. It has all the charm of a small Cornish fishing village, but without the crowds!
• The small winding streets, picturesque harbour and old stone fisherman’s cottages seem untouched by time. It really is the quintessential fishing village.
• The spectacular views, headland and bays around the village have made it a haven for artists and bird watches.
• Sandy beaches and rocky coves make it an ideal location for all ages. Dolphins and seals are regular visitors and the area is renowned for its wealth of sea-birds and even the occasional whale has been spotted close to shore. There is plenty to see and do in the area and Gardenstown also hosts a number of special events and activities during the summer months.
• There are numerous castles and distilleries on the renowned ‘Whisky and Castle Trails”.
• The nearby town of Macduff has an excellent aquarium centre and boasts 15 superb golf courses, in the surrounding area.
• Wonderful coastal walks abound – there is a lovely walk direct from the property along the shoreline to the pretty seaside village of Crovie.
• The historic town of Banff is within easy driving distance. In Banff, you can visit Duff House, designed by William Adam, now open as a “Country House Gallery” of the National Gallery of Scotland.
This attractive, traditional stone town has a number of excellent shops, gardens, tea rooms, restaurants, pubs and a sports centre.
• Sea fishing trips can be booked in Banff, from a couple of hours mackerel fishing, to whole days fishing for bigger fish to fry!.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
2 Nov 2011
"Beautiful fishermans cottage by the beach"
This is a great cottage right by a fantastic beach in the quaint village of Gardenstown in the beautiful north-east coast. The cottage is in imaculate condition and very well appointed with new elect… More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 3 Years listed
67% Response rate
Calendar last updated:02 Sep 2014
Based in United Kingdom
- 40 properties
- 35 properties
- 31 properties
- 26 properties
- 25 properties
- 23 properties
- 17 properties
- 13 properties
- 13 properties
- 10 properties
- 10 properties
- 8 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties
- 6 properties