Tithe Barn 2
About the home
Self-catering within an 18th C, grade-II listed, former Tithe Barn which has been carefully converted to retain the character of the building while providing modern comforts, including central heating. All bedrooms have en-suite luxury bathrooms with powerful showers and a whirlpool bath in each cottage. The Barn is of traditional construction with local stone, slit-windows, exposed roof beams and many original features and was converted in 2006.
The Tithe Barn has a sheltered, courtyard setting facing a rock-garden, with heathers, alpines and wild flowers, located in the grounds of Abercelyn Country House. There are views of Llanycil Church and churchyard, Lake Bala and the Berwyn mountains on the other side of the lake.
To see a virtual tour of the cottage go to the Abercelyn Cottages website, using the link at the bottom-right of the page "Visit the advertiser's website" or copy "www.self-catering-snowdonia.com" into your Internet browser.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Barmouth, 40km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 en suites|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
Tithe Barn-2 has a living accommodation upstairs and features:
* Central heating with adequate supply of hot water
* One double and one twin bedroom both en-suite, whirlpool bath, spacious shower
* Lounge, dining area and kitchen which are separated by the original stub-walls and have an oak floor, stone walls and beams
* Fully fitted kitchen with quality appliances including dishwasher, washing machine, etc
* Oak floor, stone walls and sloping ceiling with beams (headroom restrictions)
* Two comfortable sofas
* Flat-screen TV with DVD player, teletext, remote control with digital TV and radio
* HiFi system with CD/DVD, radio and MP3 connection (USB Port and SD card Slot)
* Nest of tables
* A stair gate is provided
Information folder, walking & biking folder and instruction manual
Kitchen and Dining area:
* Pine dining table and chairs for four
* Cooker with fan-assisted oven, second oven/grill and four rapid hotplates
* Microwave cooker
* Washing machine (powder provided)
* Dishwasher (tablets provided)
* Drying room
* Fully equipped for four persons
The bedrooms feature stone walls. Both are en-suite with a powerful shower and a whirlpool bath.
Twin bedroom with:
* En-suite including, WC, basin, whirlpool bath with hand-held mixer shower/taps, dual-fuel heated towel rail
* Wall lights, built-in wardrobe with shelves and space for storage of cases, etc.
* Choice of quilts
Double bedroom with:
* En-suite including WC, basin, and walk-in spacious shower with thermostatic control, dual-fuel heated towel rail
* Side-lights, dressing-table with mirror and light, walk-in wardrobe with space for storage of cases, etc.
* Choice of quilts
Further details outdoors:
Patio with furniture and barbecue
Drying room in Abercelyn Country House
Adequate car parking including space for boat trailers
Arrival from 4pm, departure by 10am (otherwise by arrangement).
Cancellation: We will endeavour to re-let your booking - deposit or balance payments will be refunded if we are able to re-let.
Pets are not permitted (permitted in Tithe Barn 1 or the Poor House).
The North Wales / Snowdonia/Gwynedd region
The highlights of the area include:
* Abercelyn is set in mature, landscaped gardens, close to Lake Bala (Llyn Tegid) the largest natural lake in Wales
* Within easy walking distance of the market town of Bala with shpos, banks, a post office, restaurants and Inns
* Located within the Snowdonia National Park with stunning mountain and lake scenary
* Walking directly from the doorstep with mountain and scenic walks available and a circular walk around the lake
* Surrounded by three mountain ranges (Aran, Arenig and Berwyn) with other mountains easily accessible including: Cader Idris, Rhinogs, Snowdon, and more
* Outstanding watersports facilities on Lake Bala, National White-water Centre and River Dee
* Easy access to the coast of Cardigan Bay and estuaries (Mawddach, Dovey and Dwryd)
* An ideal centre for visiting the many attractions of North- and Mid-Wales
The Bala / Llanycil area
Ten suggested "things to do" around Bala:
* Experience Welsh culture, e.g. listen to a Welsh choir, or visit the Cywain Centre, Bala
* Whitewater rafting at the National Whitewater Centre
* Bala Lake Railway
* Walk around the Lake or half-way and return by railway
* Dine out in one of the Egon Ronay top 25 restaurants in the UK
* Off-road driving in a 4x4 with Landcraft
* Play golf on a challenging course with views of the lake and mountains at Bala Golf Club
* Sail or canoe on Lake Bala
* The Town walk with historical information
* Fishing in Lake Bala or the River Tryweryn or Dee
Other "things to do" near Bala, include:
* Caerau Uchaf Gardens (Sarnau): gardens, plant sales, cafe, adventure playground, pets corner
* Cinema in Bala
* Fitness: Penllyn Leisure Centre, Bala
* Swimming: Penllyn Leisure Centre, Bala
* Ten Pin Bowling: Urdd Multi-activity Centre, Glan-llyn
* Heritage Centre (Canolfan y Plase) in Bala
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Abercelyn Cottages in Llanycil, near Bala on the A494 Bala to Dolgellau Road, ½-mile from Bala (direction south-west). Abercelyn is opposite Llanycil Church.
Postcode: LL23 7YF.
Grid Reference: SH 914349 (OS Maps: Explorer OL18, OL23 or Landranger 125)
Latitude: North 52 deg. 54.058 minutes; Longitude: West 3 deg. 36.930 minutes
By local Bus: the Bala to Dolgellau bus-service stops at Llanycil Church just outside Abercelyn. Bus service: Barmouth-Dolgellau-Llanycil-Bala-Wrexham (Arriva X94) Arriva Cymru: 01495-592 111
By Railway: There are railway stations at Wrexham, Chester & Barmouth with bus connections to Llanycil (see above)
By Air the nearest major airports are
* Liverpool (1½ hours by car)
* Manchester (1½ hours by car)
* Birmingham (2½ hours by car)
By Sea the nearest Ferry Ports are:
* From Ireland: via Holyhead or Liverpool
* From northern Europe use the P&O North Sea Ferry from Zeebrugge or Rotterdam to Hull
Activities near Bala
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
01 May 2013
Stayed in Tithe Barn 2 with two friends. This cottage meets all our needs and we will be back. Lovely and clean, all facilities needed. Very easy to walk into Bala.
Only thing left to ask for would be WiFi!
27 Apr 2013
Tithe barn 2 was very comfortable for our family of 3. Owners have paid a lot of attention to home comforts, which made our stay very pleasant and enjoyable. The picturesque scenery from the barn is to be enjoyed.
11 Apr 2013
our 2nd visit to Tithe barn 2. Homemade cake and milk on arrival. All kitchen essentials provided, dish washer tabs,wash powder, wash up liquid etc. All cooking utensils you need.
Owners on site to help if any problems. One mile from Bala town. Lovely spot. Bike storage available. Will return again.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Winter||3 Mar 13||5 Mar 13||£ 330||£ 65||£ 75||3 Nights|
|Off-peak (Spring)||5 Mar 13||22 Mar 13||£ 360||£ 75||£ 80||3 Nights|
|Easter||22 Mar 13||5 Apr 13||£ 440||-||-||1 Week|
|Off-peak (April)||5 Apr 13||3 May 13||£ 400||£ 80||£ 90||3 Nights|
|May Bank Holiday||3 May 13||10 May 13||£ 430||-||-||1 Week|
|Off-peak (May)||10 May 13||24 May 13||£ 400||£ 80||£ 90||3 Nights|
|Spring Bank Holiday||24 May 13||31 May 13||£ 500||-||-||1 Week|
|Off-peak (June)||31 May 13||21 Jun 13||£ 440||£ 80||£ 100||3 Nights|
|Peak||21 Jun 13||30 Aug 13||£ 520||-||-||1 Week|
|Off-peak (Autumn)||30 Aug 13||1 Nov 13||£ 400||£ 80||£ 90||3 Nights|
|Winter||1 Nov 13||20 Dec 13||£ 330||£ 65||£ 75||3 Nights|
|Xmas & New Year||20 Dec 13||3 Jan 14||£ 520||£ 100||£ 100||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Change-over day is Friday (Friday & Monday for Shortbreaks)
Pets: not allowed (allowed in Tithe Barn 1 and the Poor House)
Stay for two weeks: £25 reduction, linen and towels changed after the first week
Shortbreaks: weekends 3 nights, Friday to Monday, mid-week 4 nights, Monday to Friday
Advanced booking restrictions for Shortbreaks, as follows
Peak: short breaks during peak periods can only be booked within three-weeks of the holiday start date.
Off-peak: short breaks during off-peak periods can only be booked within one-month of the holiday start date.
Winter: short breaks during winter periods may be booked at any time.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2011. This cottage has received 10 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in Wales (3,255)