About the home
Abercelyn Poor House feature:
* En-suite bathrooms
* Washing machine
* Flat-screen TV with DVD, digital TV and radio
* HiFi unit
* Full central heating, adequate supply of hot water, dual-fuel heated towel rails
* Sunny patio with furniture and barbecue
* Information folder for the Bala area and Snowdonia
* Use of facilities in Abercelyn Country House: drying room, bike store & wash, tourist information, walking maps and guide books
* Use of the award-winning landscaped, mature garden of Abercelyn Country House
* There is adequate spacing for parking several cars and boat trailers
* Cot & high-chair available upon request
* Wireless access to Broadband Internet in Abercelyn Country House
Features of the location are:
* Close to Bala with a choice of restaurants, Inns, shops, etc.
* Overlooking Lake Bala (Llyn Tegid)
* In the Snowdonia National Park
* An ideal location for visiting North and Mid-Wales
* Near to nature reserves, woodlands and bird reserves
* Walks directly from Abercelyn Cottages
* Mountain walking in three mountain ranges
* Outstanding water-sport facilities including the National White-water Centre
* You can walk your dog on our land or along the lake
To see a virtual tour of the cottage go to the Abercelyn Cottages website, using the link at the bottom-right of the page "Visit the advertiser's website" or copy "www.self-catering-snowdonia.com" into your Internet browser.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||Barmouth, 40km|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||DVD player, Boat available for guest use|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 en suites and 1 shower room|
|Furniture:||Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
Upper floor - open plan living area with pine flooring, stone walls and beams, comprising:
* Lounge with:
o Two comfortable sofas, a comfortable armchair, nest of tables,
o Traditional-style stove,
o Flat-screen TV with DVD player, teletext, remote control with digital TV and radio,
o HiFi unit with CD/cassette/radio,
* Dining area: Danish Pine Table (extendable) with six chairs
* Fitted kitchen:
o With traditional fitted units,
o Dishwasher with tablets provided
o Cooker with fan-assisted oven, second oven/grill and four rapid hotplates,
Poor House twin bedroom with en-suite
o Fully equipped for six persons
* Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (bath, WC, basin, heated towel rail)
* Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room (shower, WC, basin, heated towel rail)
* Twin bedroom with adjacent private shower room (tower shower, WC, basin & Washing machine with powder provided)
Full central heating, with adequate supply of hot water, and traditional-style stove
Choice of quilts
Information folder, walking & biking folder and instruction manual
Further details outdoors:
Patio with furniture and barbecue (accessed from the upper floor)
Courtyard with flowerbeds (accessed from the lower floor)
Drying room in Abercelyn Country House
Adequate car parking including space for boat trailers
Locked storage available for bicycles
The price includes: heating electricity, towels and linen (beds made up)
Complimentary tea, coffee, milk, sugar, salt & pepper, cleaning & washing products, kitchen roll, etc.
Stay for two weeks: £25 reduction, linen and towels changed after the first week
Pets permitted (charge £10 per pet)
Cot and high-chair available by prior arrangement
The deposit and prior payments are refundable if we are able to re-let the accommodation or activity booked.
Deposit:: £50 (shortbreak) £100 (week) with the balance payable 6-weeks before the holiday start date
Arrival and departure:
Arrival from 4pm (otherwise by arrangement)
Departure by 10am (otherwise by arrangement)
Strictly non-smoking (B&B and self-catering)
We will not provide details of your address to third parties
* Pets are permitted (there is a supplementary charge), the following applies:
* Pets must not be left unattended in the cottage and are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture.
* Dogs must be on a lead in the garden & any fouling cleared-up; dogs may be exercised in the field adjacent to the garden providing they are supervised, if sheep are in the field please use a lead.
The North Wales / Snowdonia/Gwynedd region
The highlights of the area include:
* Abercelyn is set in mature, landscaped gardens, close to Lake Bala (Llyn Tegid) the largest natural lake in Wales
* Within easy walking distance of the market town of Bala with shpos, banks, a post office, restaurants and Inns
* Located within the Snowdonia National Park with stunning mountain and lake scenary
* Walking directly from the doorstep with mountain and scenic walks available and a circular walk around the lake
* Surrounded by three mountain ranges (Aran, Arenig and Berwyn) with other mountains easily accessible including: Cader Idris, Rhinogs, Snowdon, and more
* Outstanding watersports facilities on Lake Bala, National White-water Centre and River Dee
* Easy access to the coast of Cardigan Bay and estuaries (Mawddach, Dovey and Dwryd)
* An ideal centre for visiting the many attractions of North- and Mid-Wales
The Bala / Llanycil area
Ten suggested "things to do" around Bala:
* Experience Welsh culture, e.g. listen to a Welsh choir, or visit the Cywain Centre, Bala
* Whitewater rafting at the National Whitewater Centre
* Bala Lake Railway
* Walk around the Lake or half-way and return by railway
* Dine out in one of the Egon Ronay top 25 restaurants in the UK
* Off-road driving in a 4x4 with Landcraft
* Play golf on a challenging course with views of the lake and mountains at Bala Golf Club
* Sail or canoe on Lake Bala
* The Town walk with historical information
* Fishing in Lake Bala or the River Tryweryn or Dee
Other "things to do" near Bala, include:
* Caerau Uchaf Gardens (Sarnau): gardens, plant sales, cafe, adventure playground, pets corner
* Cinema in Bala
* Fitness: Penllyn Leisure Centre, Bala
* Swimming: Penllyn Leisure Centre, Bala
* Ten Pin Bowling: Urdd Multi-activity Centre, Glan-llyn
* Heritage Centre (Canolfan y Plase) in Bala
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Abercelyn Cottages in Llanycil, near Bala on the A494 Bala to Dolgellau Road, ½-mile from Bala (direction south-west). Abercelyn is opposite Llanycil Church.
Postcode: LL23 7YF.
Grid Reference: SH 914349 (OS Maps: Explorer OL18, OL23 or Landranger 125)
Latitude: North 52 deg. 54.058 minutes; Longitude: West 3 deg. 36.930 minutes
By local Bus: the Bala to Dolgellau bus-service stops at Llanycil Church just outside Abercelyn. Bus service: Barmouth-Dolgellau-Llanycil-Bala-Wrexham (Arriva X94) Arriva Cymru: 01495-592 111
By Railway: There are railway stations at Wrexham, Chester & Barmouth with bus connections to Llanycil (see above)
By Air the nearest major airports are
* Liverpool (1½ hours by car)
* Manchester (1½ hours by car)
* Birmingham (2½ hours by car)
By Sea the nearest Ferry Ports are:
* From Ireland: via Holyhead or Liverpool
* From northern Europe use the P&O North Sea Ferry from Zeebrugge or Rotterdam to Hull
Activities near Bala
Tennis in town
Golf less than 15 mins walk
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
13 Jun 2013
We just returned from a 4night break here.
3 good sized double/twin bedrooms - one ensuite double on the main level, perfect for my 85 y/o mother-in-law.
two more twins down the spiral staircase. The one that isn't ensuite may as well be because it's so private.
Lounge and kitchen are cozy but well supplied.
very quiet and private, but so close to Bala that good legs could easily walk it in 10 mins.
The owners are lovely and kind. We were greeted with a delicious fresh banana cake.
This is a liitle gem of a place from which you can reach various National Trust properties.
10 May 2013
The cottage is lovely and set in an excellent location for visiting surrounding area. We had an 8 month old baby with us and a cot high chair was made available for our use. We were made to feel welcome with a tour around the cottage and cakes on arrival. Would definitely recommend to others.
14 Apr 2013
A warm welcome from Ray and Lindsay; which included homemade lemon drizzle cake, some general advice about the local area and more specific advice about local walks, pubs etc.
Characterful house which was cosy but had plenty of space for our family group of adults and teenagers. Everything we needed for our short break.
A car is required. Snowdonia and surrounding area is then within easy traveling distance.
Lovely pub, with good bar meals Eagle Inn, Llanuwchllyn 10 mins drive away.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 6|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Winter||25 Feb 13||22 Mar 13||£ 420||£ 70||£ 95||3 Nights|
|Good Friday||24 Mar 13||30 Mar 13||£ 540||-||-||1 Week|
|Easter||30 Mar 13||6 Apr 13||£ 600||-||-||1 Week|
|April||6 Apr 13||4 May 13||£ 540||£ 90||£ 120||3 Nights|
|Early May Bank Holiday||4 May 13||11 May 13||£ 600||-||-||1 Week|
|Off-peak (May)||11 May 13||25 May 13||£ 540||£ 90||£ 120||3 Nights|
|Spring Bank Holiday||25 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 730||-||-||1 Week|
|Off-peak (June)||1 Jun 13||13 Jul 13||£ 600||£ 110||£ 135||3 Nights|
|Peak||13 Jul 13||31 Aug 13||£ 730||-||-||1 Week|
|Off-peak (September)||31 Aug 13||28 Sep 13||£ 600||£ 100||£ 135||3 Nights|
|Off-peak (October)||28 Sep 13||2 Nov 13||£ 540||£ 90||£ 120||3 Nights|
|Winter||2 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||£ 420||£ 70||£ 80||3 Nights|
|Xmas & New Year||21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 730||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Pets: £10 per pet per week
Stay for two weeks: £25 reduction, linen and towels changed after the first week
Shortbreaks: weekends 3 nights, Friday to Monday, mid-week 4 nights, Monday to Friday
Advanced booking restrictions for Shortbreaks, as follows
Peak: short breaks during peak periods can only be booked within three-weeks of the holiday start date.
Off-peak: short breaks during off-peak periods can only be booked within one-month of the holiday start date.
Winter: short breaks during winter periods may be booked at any time.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
1 year listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2011. This cottage has received 7 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Holiday homes in Wales (3,413)