from £26 /night help
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Availability Your dates are available
Studio | No Bedrooms | sleeps 3
* The peaceful 23 sq meter studio is set well back from a quiet lane in a large garden shared with the main house and offers a wide range of facilities.
* Free bus service every half hour which takes you anywhere in the resort.
* We are 100 meters away from the extensive, varied and beautiful arboretum of the picturesque but little frequented chateau. It is a lovely setting and Bagnoles is a real gem!
* Bagnoles Lac is only 2km away and you can walk there through the woods or along the river. The facilities there too are outstanding, with many beautiful buildings and a wide range of shops and restaurants as well as many sporting facilities, including a stunning golf course.
A 400 meter walk brings you to our own range of outstanding shops and restaurants.
* The studio would be ideal for a couple seeking a relaxing, peaceful break.
Alternatively it would be ideal for a single parent and child since we now have a single folding bed.
* We do not recommend the studio for three adults though this would be possible.
|Size||Sleeps up to 3, Studio|
|Nearest beach||Invasion beaches at 100km plus lakeside beach 6 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||400 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Caen 100 km, Nearest railway: Briouze 40 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge|
|Rooms||2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Cots (1), Dining seats for 3, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ, Climbing frame, Swing set|
|Further details indoors|
* We have made every effort to ensure that you enjoy your stay and we also improve our facilities constantly.
* The studio is extrememely well insulated and has massive walls to keep you cool and quiet.
* There are exterior aluminium roller blinds over the west-facing window and french windows for security and to keep out the sun when necessary.
* We are reckoned to have one of the most comfortable sofa-beds ever encountered. This is not to be confused with those flimsy pull out mattresses. This one uses the full upholstery of the sofa and will give you as good a night's sleep as most ordinary beds! There is also a very comfortable single sofa bed if you prefer sleeping apart or for a single person with a child.
A "combination" microwave giving grill and convection oven has been provided.
There is a flat screen TV with a UK Freesat box and DVD player.
|Further details outdoors|
* The studio is set to the left and slightly to the rear of our main house, which is usually occupied by our Brittany Ferries' customers, but has its own walled patio with barbecue. The low wall and gate separating the patio from the back garden of the
house means that it is not totally private at all times.
* The large front garden and gravelled area is shared when the house is also occupied and there is plenty of parking.
* Our neighbours never intrude and are very well-disposed towards our visitors. You won't see or hear much of them but they are kind and helpful if approached and happy to converse with me in my rather limited french!
Out of consideration to our caretakers who have a 20 minute journey to reach the studio, we do request that arrivals are between 4 and 8pm. However, if you have an overnight journey and want to arrive earlier they will try to accommodate you.
Departures are to be made by 10 am but there is a facility for earlier departures by arrangement with our keyholder.
About this location
The Basse-Normandie region
Traditionally, Normandy is the greenest region of France. The climate is really very little different from that in the South of England, but generally we do find it better. The Orne is particularly varied and we are set in the middle of the extensive Normandie-Maine Regional Park with its varied countryside and patches of ancient forest. We are set in the southern part of the so-called Suisse Normande which has lots of good scenery and really pleasant walks and drives in all directions. The Alpes Mancelles is under 30 minute's drive to the south and has further fishing and boating possibilities, excellent views and picturesque villages.
The invasion beaches (now providing excellent bathing) and WW2 museums are just a short car ride away to the North. Mont St Michel is under two hours to the West and we are under an hour's drive from Alencon. For trips further afield you can soon get onto the newly completed A28 for fast journeys North to Rouen or South to Le Mans and the Loire valley.
The area is steeped in history with many ancient buildings, monuments and chateaux. There are noteworthy chateaux to visit at nearby Lassay and Carrouge and among interesting towns, the mediaeval principality of Domfront and fortified Falaise stand out as the most impressive. There are a fair sprinking of stone age sites and some impressive Roman remains in the area.
Several of our visitors have enjoyed trips to Disneyland, easily reached by train or car in about three hours.
The village of Bagnoles Chateau, where the studio is located used to be called Tesse-la-Madeleine but has now been absorbed by the spa town of Bagnoles de L'Orne. The old town is now called Bagnoles Lac and has many facilities for the holidaymaker.
There are many and varied villages in the area and a collection of small towns such as La Ferte Mace, Domfront and Fler. The region is a gourmet's delight and specialises in cider and cheese production. Take your pick of bustling and varied markets and treat yourself to the local and regional produce.
After over 50 visits we are still finding new places to explore and new things to do. Driving, certainly on the country roads, is more like that of England in the fifties. Being a spa town with a casino, Bagnoles has a very wide range of activities for the holidaymaker, including golf, tennis, watersports, archery, horse-riding, climbing, cycling,fishing and many others.
The nearest supermarket is only 2 km away, with a very large one about 5km away. We are luck to be only 400 metres from an excellent little collection of shops of a very high standard. One of our bakers is of gourmet standard and supplies a select number of Parisian restaurants. There are several good eating-out possibilities near our local shops at a range of prices, formal and informal so you can walk there and back quickly and easily. A much greater range of shops and restaurants is available in Bagoles Lac, around 2km away.
Our area is famous for horse breeding and there are many equestrian events to attend. We have our own "horse village" and race track in the locality.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
27 Sep 2013
"Very charming retreat in France away from tourists"
This is a very comfortable, bright, studio apartment in a charming Victorian era resort town in Normandy. the bed is a sofa that converts, but is quite comfortable. The kitchen area is fully functio… More
It is pleasing to know that our clients continue to appreciate what we provide and enjoy everything that Bagnoles can offer.
26 Oct 2012
If you want a great holiday in France, this is the place to go!
Such a cosy gite for two people, and to be honest we couldn't fault it!
Will definitely go again!
Beautiful town, free bus, such friendly people. (despite the rain!) And English TV (kept the wife happy!)
We do our very best to provide comfortable accommodation in an attractive venue at the lowest possible cost. It is particularly gratifying to be so well appreciated!
9 Aug 2011
"Ideal for a couple who like peace and quiet, with the option to walk into town."
The description on the web site is very accurate and the studio is perfect for a couple. We decided to have a total chill and not venture far in the car. The local shops, bars, cafe's etc are just around the corner and can be recommended. With a 20/25 minute walk through the chateau grounds or along the river through the grounds of the Thermal Spa we were in Bagnoles Lac which was busier with lots more going on and loads of shops,hotels and restaurants. The liesure lake at Ferte Mace is just a 10 minute drive away and lovely for a day's sunbathing and strolling.
The studio has everything you need for a weeks stay and the little patio/terrace (although not strictly private) gets the sun all afternoon and evening.
Note - you either pay the caretaker £24 for an end of stay clean or you have to clean the studio yourself before getting your £50 deposit back.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay. There are so many facilities
within an easy walk of the studio, so you don't need to use your car a lot.
You're booking with
- 8 Years listed
75% Response rate
Calendar last updated:18 Mar 2015
Based in United Kingdom