Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 10
Our lovely apartment located in the countryside on the edge of Bad Ischl is spacious and well equipped.
We are close to the town centre and just a short drive from the ski slopes, lakes and mountains.
Our garden, which overlooks alpine forests and meadows has a brick-built barbecue which you are very welcome to use and iIn the evening watch the deer emerge from the forest to feed or later look up and be amazed by the millions of stars in the night sky.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Strobl village - Wolfgangsee lake 12 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Salzburg 56 km, Nearest railway: Bad Ischl 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||3 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• Large open-plan lounge/dining/kitchen ideal to relax together at the end of each day.
• Bedroom 3 is flexibly furnished as a "mini-suite" with a lovely double bed and a comfy sofa-bed so it can also be used as extra living space when the sofa-bed is not used as a bed.
• Drying room and laundry facilities in cellar area.
• Storage for bikes, skis e.t.c.
|Further details outdoors|
• Large sunny gardens.
• Views of meadows and forest with wild animals grazing in summer.
• Mountain Views .
• Low light pollution – fantastic night sky.
• Directly on a 10km signposted scenic walk.
• Parking for two vehicles.
The Upper Austria/Salzkammergut region
The Salzkammergut is simply a paradise for anyone who loves the great outdoors.In Summer , the climate is warmer than in England and there is an almost unbelievable range of things to do and places to see. Here are just a few favourites:
• Wolfgangsee one of many beautiful lakes you could visit is just a ten minute drive from the apartment. Here you can take a cruise, hire a boat, wakeboard, scuba dive or even take to pedallos or banana boats. Alternatively why not sunbathe and swim at the lakeside beach or explore the quaint villages and enjoy coffee and cakes in fabulous scenery.
• Climb every mountain – well maybe not them all! There are lots and there are cable cars and even trains to take you to the summit if walking is a bit too energetic. The views are amazing and the hospitality in the mountain huttes is something not to miss!
• Visit Halstatt World Heritage site –home of the world’s oldest salt mine. travel by funicular, giant “Mega Slide”. This is a great day out!
In Winter, the Salzkammergut is a winter wonderland, a skiers’ paradise. The Katrin, Bad Ischl's very own ski mountain is just 5 minutes drive from the apartment. Within twenty minutes drive in almost any direction you will be at any one of a vast range of slopes suitable for all abilities and a free ski bus runs from near to the apartment. There is something for everyone. Here is a small selection of our favourites:
• Dachstein West a real favourite with our guests. A huge resort yet never crowded it has a wide range of runs from novice to black runs, great ski schools and crèche facilities for the kids.
• Postalm – the second highest plateau in Europe and snow certain, this is a great place for families to learn together and play together in the fun arena. Great for non-skiers and novices.
• Dachstein- Krippenstein - a free stylers paradise – feel on top of the world at this challenging resort.
Bad Ischl and its surrounding area is ideal for families and for groups of friends wanting to enjoy the great outdoors. A beautiful little spa- town surrounded by amazing scenery, with:
• Excellent well-signposted scenic walking/cycling/running routes around the town and the local countryside.
• Extreme sports of all kinds are available locally. Please ask us for details of those that interest you.
• Euro Therme spa – why not relax and be pampered for a a day or even an evening after a day's exercise.
• Parkbad outdoor swimming pool set in parkland is a great place to spend the day.
• Cable car to the top of the local mountain , the Katrin where fabulous views and great food await.
• Probably the best coffee, cakes and chocolate in Austria at Zauner's famous patisserie and Konditorei
• Kaiser Villa – the former holiday home of Emperor Franz Joseph
• Great eating out at affordable prices – try a traditional rustic fare in a mountain Hutte or Wiener Schnitzel and apple strudel in one of the delightful restaurants.
• Chill out in one of the relaxed and stylish bars
• Winter sports galore - ski, snow-board, skate, toboggan, snowtubes, snow walking, sleighrides
FESTIVALS & SPECIAL EVENTS
Austrians love to celebrate, so throughout the year it seems as though there is always a festival within a few minutes drive of Alpine Meadows. Here are a few coming up in the next few months:
• Bauernherbst - The autumn is a very special time here and many people come to enjoy walking in the beautiful autumn mountainsides and alms. The regular farmers markets are well worth a visit. Bad Ischl market on Fridays is a great place to visit to sample local cheeses and meats as well as other delicous produce.
•Advent and Christmas markets - This has to be the most magical time of year here. Every lakeside village and town has its own special version of the traditional Christmas market, with music performances, fresh produce, Christmas novelties and hand-made giftsYou can even take a cruise around the lake from village to village Why not book an Advent break and enjoy a long weekend exploring the Chrismas markets around lake Wolfgangsee ans Salzburg.