from £89 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment | 3 bedrooms | sleeps 8
Our luxury apartment located in the countryside on the edge of Bad Ischl is spacious and well equipped.
We are close to the town centre and just a short drive from ski slopes, lakes and mountains.
Our garden, which overlooks alpine forests and meadows has a brick-built barbecue which you are very welcome to use and in the evening watch the deer emerge from the forest to feed or later look up and be amazed by the millions of stars in the night sky.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Strobl village - Wolfgangsee lake 12 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Salzburg 56 km, Nearest railway: Bad Ischl 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Furniture||3 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
• Large open-plan lounge/dining/kitchen ideal to relax together at the end of each day.
• Bedroom 3 is flexibly furnished as a "mini-suite" with a lovely double bed and a comfy sofa-bed so it can also be used as extra living space when the sofa-bed is not used as a bed.
• Drying room and laundry facilities in cellar area.
• Storage for bikes, skis etc.
|Further details outdoors|
• Large sunny gardens.
• Views of meadows and forest with wild animals grazing in summer.
• Mountain Views .
• Low light pollution – fantastic night sky.
• Directly on a 10km signposted scenic walk.
• Parking for two vehicles.
About this location
The Upper Austria region
The Salzkammergut is simply a paradise for anyone who loves the great outdoors.In Summer , the climate is warmer than in England and there is an almost unbelievable range of things to do and places to see. Here are just a few favourites:
• Wolfgangsee one of many beautiful lakes you could visit is just a ten minute drive from the apartment. Here you can take a cruise, hire a boat, wakeboard, scuba dive or even take to pedallos or banana boats. Alternatively why not sunbathe and swim at the lakeside beach or explore the quaint villages and enjoy coffee and cakes in fabulous scenery.
• Climb every mountain – well maybe not them all! There are lots and there are cable cars and even trains to take you to the summit if walking is a bit too energetic. The views are amazing and the hospitality in the mountain huttes is something not to miss!
• Visit Halstatt World Heritage site –home of the world's oldest salt mine. travel by funicular, giant “Mega Slide”. This is a great day out!
In Winter, the Salzkammergut is a winter wonderland, a skiers' paradise. The Katrin, Bad Ischl's very own ski mountain is just 5 minutes drive from the apartment. Within twenty minutes drive in almost any direction you will be at any one of a vast range of slopes suitable for all abilities and a free ski bus runs from near to the apartment. There is something for everyone. Here is a small selection of our favourites:
• Dachstein West a real favourite with our guests. A huge resort yet never crowded it has a wide range of runs from novice to black runs, great ski schools and crèche facilities for the kids.
• Postalm – the second highest plateau in Europe and snow certain, this is a great place for families to learn together and play together in the fun arena. Great for non-skiers and novices.
• Dachstein- Krippenstein - a free stylers paradise – feel on top of the world at this challenging resort.
Bad Ischl and its surrounding area is ideal for families and for groups of friends wanting to enjoy the great outdoors. A beautiful little spa- town surrounded by amazing scenery, with:
• Excellent well-signposted scenic walking/cycling/running routes around the town and the local countryside.
• Extreme sports of all kinds are available locally. Please ask us for details of those that interest you.
• Euro Therme spa – why not relax and be pampered for a a day or even an evening after a day's exercise.
• Parkbad outdoor swimming pool set in parkland is a great place to spend the day.
• Cable car to the top of the local mountain , the Katrin where fabulous views and great food await.
• Probably the best coffee, cakes and chocolate in Austria at Zauner's famous patisserie and Konditorei
• Kaiser Villa – the former holiday home of Emperor Franz Joseph
• Great eating out at affordable prices – try a traditional rustic fare in a mountain Hutte or Wiener Schnitzel and apple strudel in one of the delightful restaurants.
• Chill out in one of the relaxed and stylish bars
• Winter sports galore - ski, snow-board, skate, toboggan, snowtubes, snow walking, sleighrides
FESTIVALS & SPECIAL EVENTS
Austrians love to celebrate, so throughout the year it seems as though there is always a festival within a few minutes drive of Alpine Meadows. Here are a few coming up in the next few months:
• Bauernherbst - The autumn is a very special time here and many people come to enjoy walking in the beautiful autumn mountainsides and alms. The regular farmers markets are well worth a visit. Bad Ischl market on Fridays is a great place to visit to sample local cheeses and meats as well as other delicious produce.
•Advent and Christmas markets - This has to be the most magical time of year here. Every lakeside village and town has its own special version of the traditional Christmas market, with music performances, fresh produce, Christmas novelties and hand-made gifts. You can even take a cruise around the lake from village to village Why not book an Advent break and enjoy a long weekend exploring the Christmas markets around lake Wolfgangsee and Salzburg.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
24 May 2014
"a great place for friends vication"
The hosts are friendly and English speaking. Ken was an excellent source of information about walks in the area. The apartment is very well equipped is comfortable and has great views… More
5 May 2014
"A Slice of Bad Ischl Heaven!!"
We had a wonderful stay at alpine Meadows. Everything was great! The home had everything we needed and the owners were very nice and helpful. The scenery was to die for! Wish we could have stayed long… More
Shawn and her family were wonderful guests from the moment they arrived, we thoroughly enjoyed their company and were sad to see them go not just becuase they looked after our apartment really well but because they were fun to have stop in our home.
12 Aug 2013
"A perfect base for exploring the Salzkammergut"
We stayed in Ken and Karen's lovely apartment for a fortnight, and found it a delightful experience. Ken and Karen were the perfect hosts throughout - nothing was too much trouble - for example buying food for us before we arrived so that we would have some on arrival at the weekend. It was great to have their expert advice on where to go and what to do, recommended restaurants etc, and to be able to make use of their barbecue - eating outside amid the alpine mountains and meadows is an unforgettable experience!
'Alpine-Meadows' is conveniently located on the outskirts of Bad Ischl, and in fact we were able to go hiking right from the back door.
The apartment is spacious and comfortable, and has a good range of facilities.
One tip for anyone who hasn't been to this part of Austria - most restaurants and supermarkets don't take credit cards - so make sure you have access to plenty of cash!
12 Aug 2013
"We love Alpine Meadows"
This was a return visit for - having previously enjoyed Autumn & Winter visits to Alpine Meadows this was our first summer visit. We were not disappointed.
Karen & Ken were superb hosts as usual and the appartment was spotless, well appointed, tranquil, and very comfortable. You will need a car to get the best out of your visit but it is well worth it as Alpine Meadows is ideally placed for visiting the Salzkammergut area.
2 Jul 2012
"Peaceful retreat within all attractions"
Ken and Karen's apartment is located in a peaceful and quiet area in the mountains....a wonderful retreat after a day of sightseeing, yet within a short drive of Strobl/St. Wolfgang and Hallstatt… More
4 Jun 2012
"A fantastic location for a ski holiday"
We visited Bad Ischl and stayed at the apline Meadows for the second time in as many years. This time we wanted to share our wonderful experience with our close friends as well and we insisted they jo… More
5 May 2012
"A great place to stay"
This was a real find - spacious and comfortable with room for all of us to have our own space (we were travelling with 2 grown up sons) The owners are very helpful and friendly with plenty of local t… More
9 Aug 2011
"This is an excellent place to stay and visit this part of Austria"
Very good ecquiped house, large enough for 8 persons, very friendly and helpfull owners. It is close to Bad Ischl and the lakes and mountains of Salzkammergut.
22 May 2011
"Excellent option for space and comfort."
We stayed here for 4 nights and found it to be an excellent choice for a home base while visiting this beautiful area of Austria. So much more comfortable than a hotel and being able to cook at home w… More
16 May 2011
"Hospitality and comfort at a great price"
This holiday apartment really stood out from the rest as a great place to stay. Not only was it spacious, comfortable, and clean, but the kitchen was also large and more than well-equipped with loads… More
You're booking with
Ken & Karen F.
- 6 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:17 Feb 2015
Based in Austria