Villa Maria Delfina
from £18 /night help
Availability Your dates are available
Villa | 4 bedrooms | sleeps 10
The villa is formed by the house, and an independent Cottage, both surrounded by a gorgeous and exclusive garden.
- The principal building is a pseudo Aegean-style house, formed by three bedrooms, kitchen, dining room, and toilet with shower. There is a porch with a large table for breakfast in the open air. There is a roof terrace with gazebo overlooking the sea. Air Conditioning.
-The cottage, ideal for two people is formed by a spacious living/dining room(40 square metres), a toilet with shower
The cottage, surrounded by double glazed windows, is formed by a fully equipped kitchen, a table for 14 people, and a sofa bed for two people. Air-conditioning.
- The villa is inserted in a wide garden with fat plants, orchards, flowers, gazebo and a large concrete barbecue.
It is free of architectural barriers for disabled people; there is a concrete road to the platform in the garden.
- Free access to a lovely sandy beach in a coastal inlet at 300 m on foot, or by car using the existing parking. Clean sea and beach.
|Size||Sleeps up to 10, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Free sandy beach 300 m|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car essential, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Catania Fontanarossa 50 km, Nearest railway: Avola 5 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, Please contact the owner|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (4), Double beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 14, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Wheelchair users, Secure parking|
About this location
The Sicily region
Situated in the South-East part of the Sicily, Avola is a lovely town close to Syracuse and famous Unesco Sicily world heritage sites. Even if Avola is in latitude below Tunis, the place is fresh and green because of calcareous Iblei Mountains incised from deep canyons (called cave) in which many water courses run.
Avola is famous for its wine Nero d' Avola, very special sweets and Sicilian specialities, beaches, making it an ideal holiday destination for families and culture lovers.
The villa can be the starting point for various trips. Archaeological sites (Siracusa, Necropolis of Pantalica, Palazzolo Acreide, Ancient Avola and Noto, Megara Hyblaea, Taormina, Piazza Armerina, Morgantina, Ragusa Iblea); Prehistoric sites (Castelluccio, Thapsos, Conzo); Sicilian Baroc (Noto, Modica, Scicli); Naturalistic sites (Cava Grande del Cassibile, Oasi di Vendicari, papiri along the Ciane river, Cave di Ispica, Etna Vulcan, Gorges of Alcantara). Classic performances in the Greek Theatre of Siracusa (15th May-15 June) but also in Noto, Modica, Taormina. Classic ceramic productions in Caltagirone. Daily trips to Malta, from the seaport of Pozzallo.
- Local specialities: fresh fish (restaurant "Al Pescatore" near the old fish-factory in Marina di Avola), Sicilian specialities (vecchia cantina Baroni), wine (Nero di Avola = Black of Avola), very special sweets (Pasticceria Finocchiaro), almonds ("pizzuta" of Avola), honey of Sataredda (thyme).
- Dancing on the beach in Avola.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
74% Response rate
Calendar last updated:22 Feb 2015
Based in United Kingdom