APPLEseed Brailsford Barns
About the home
Brailsford Barns is set in the beautiful landscaped grounds of a Grade II Listed Derbyshire farmhouse at the end of a long private drive. Sympathetically restored to provide comfortable stylish accommodation with smart casual country appeal. WiFi, Nespresso machine & White Company bathrobes and towels, 400 thread count bedlinen.
Spacious, warm and welcoming barn featuring hall with boot cupboard, Snug with Clearview log burner, sunny south facing kitchen French doors opening on to terrace, BT Wi Fi , Farrow & Ball, antiques and contemporary furnishings, White Company towels, bathrobes and 400 thread count cotton sheets. Master bedroom has kingsize bed, far reaching views to the Peaks and second twin bedroom with high ceiling and feature oak beams.The bathroom has bath with shower over complemented by hand made clay tiles and exposed oak truss. Bespoke south facing kitchen with Neff appliances, overlooks tennis court., Samsung LED TV with Freeview and dvd/blu ray player. Double glazed.
Ideally suited to couples or two adults and one/two children wishing to relax in peace and comfort in an idyllic rural setting. Urban Country appeal. The barns have the added bonus of an all weather tennis court and excellent walking and cycling from the door.
Seasonal Welcome Drinks, kitchen essentials and fresh country flowers/herbs included.
Lots to do in the immediate area ranging from walking, cycling, golf and quad biking in Brailsford to spending an afternoon in the picturesque market town of Ashbourne with its independent boutiques, antique shops, delicatessen and cafes. Carsington Water with sailing, mountain biking and nature reserve and Kedleston Hall are just 5 minutes away. Chatsworth House, Tissington, Dovedale all easy to get to. Shooting and fishing at Yeaveley Estate. Suitable for romantic breaks, peace and quiet. For bridal families/honeymooners, we are close to Osmaston Park, Meynell Langley and All Saints Church Brailsford.
Whether for an active or cultural holiday or just for rest and recuperation, Brailsford Barns offers unique accommodation for special breaks in Derbyshire and the Peak District.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Corporate lets|
Nearest amenities: 500m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Unsuitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||2 Bedrooms, 1 family bathroom|
|Furniture:||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 4, Lounge seating for 4|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Shared tennis court on site, Climbing frame, Swing set|
Further details indoors:
- 2 bedroom 5 star barn, newly converted, fabulous all year
- Suit couples, friends, small families, romantic getaway, special occasions or relaxation from City life
- Samsung LED TV & dvd/blu ray player. Wi Fi. iphone/ipad dock
- Ground and first floor provide spacious, warm, comfortable accommodation.
- Bespoke Kitchen with Neff Grade A Energy efficient appliances, Dualit and 18/10 stainless steel cookware, Nespresso machine
- Hall with boot room. Snug with Clearview Logburner
- Master bedroom has kingsize bed and panoramic views towards the Peak District
- Terrace with garden furniture. Immaculate landscaped grounds
- Eco friendly.
Further details outdoors:
- All weather tennis court
- Abundance of wildlife; pheasant, owls, dragonflies, rare butterfly, March hares, duckpond
- French doors leading to south facing terrace with Fermob garden furniture.
- Lawn with gazebo for lazy picnics and photographs.
- Established footpaths, excellent cycle routes and good running from your door
- Circular walk via golf (driving range, putting green, etc), village cricket, Saxon Church, Delicatessen, Rose & Crown Pub, village stores and cafe.
- Welcome Drinks, fresh garden flowers and herbs in season
- Kitchen essentials provided
- All damage must be paid for.
- Electricity is metered and £30 per week credit included
- No pets, no smoking and strictly no unauthorised/additional guests.
- 50% of rental fee to confirm booking with full balance due eight weeks before your stay.
- There is an unfenced pond in grounds of main property.
The Heart of England / Peak District / Peak District/Derbyshire region
Brailsford Barns is located on the edge of the Peak District National Park, half a mile from Brailsford on the A52 between Derby and Ashbourne providing easy access to A38/M1/A50. Set in the grounds of a Grade 2 Listed Georgian Farmhouse dating from 1868 and once forming part of the extensive Ferrers Estate.
Derby station is just 20 minutes drive with half hourly high speed trains to London St Pancras & Eurostar taking 1 hour 33 minutes so a quick escape to the country from London is very realistic.
Fabulous walking, cycling and of course tennis on site. Golf, shooting, fishing and riding all very closeby
The Ashbourne / Brailsford area
BRAILSFORD village has much to offer with an 18 hole Golf Course with Golf Pro tuition and Driving Range & Club House, Wild Park Leisure (paintballing, laser quest and quad biking), General store and Post Office, Pub, Blacksmith, Gallery, Meynell Saddlery, Cricket Club and Saxon Church
THE PEAK DISTRICT is on your doorstep. Hire an ELECTRIC BIKE and explore the Electric Bike Network. Check out Sally Moseley's walks or Will4adventure as well as abseiling, microlighting, caving, cycling.
ALTON TOWERS & SPLASH LANDINGS just 20 minutes away, UK's greatest theme park.
SHIRLEY not only a great pub but also Rudd Moncrieff offering fantastic workshops on cooking, flower arranging, food and wine pairing, children's Easter Egg Hunts, Festive food and decoration in the glorious surroundings of the Old Vicarage.
CARSINGTON WATER, with an impressive lake and nature reserve, is 10 minutes away, with the Visitor Centre offering a full annual program of mountain biking, sailing and walking.
OSMASTON PARK - Offers a wedding venue in unsurpassed private parkland and hosts an annual wedding fayre
YEAVELEY ESTATE - A full program of shooting and fishing courses.
ASHBOURNE is a thriving Georgian market town with an annual arts and music festival, home to Shrovetide Football and Antiques in the Street. A great place to spend a Saturday afternoon, having many interesting independent boutiques, Aveda day spa, antique shops, specialist food shops, cafes and restaurants as well as Waitrose, M& S not to mention excellent Thai, Chinese, Italian and excellent fish and chips. Ashbourne hosts the infamous Shrovetide Football in February, The Highland Games and a popular Arts & Music Festival.
The BIG FOUR STATELY HOMES are in close proximity: Kedleston Hall (3 miles), Chatsworth House (14 miles), Haddon Hall (12 miles) and Hardwick Hall.
Sudbury Hall & Museum of Childhood, Tissington Hall, Ilam Country Park and Calke Abbey are within easy reach for a day out.
DERBY should not be overlooked and has much to offer for the Museum containing the Joseph Wright collection, the new Westfield Centre for High Street shopping & Showcase de Luxe cinema experience as well as the Cathedral Quarter District with its many specialist shops and restaurants.
FACTORY SHOPPING at John Smedley, Denby Pottery, Royal Crown Derby, Emma Bridgewater and David Mellor.
WIRKSWORTH ARTS FESTIVAL is increasingly popular, and is a lovely small market town to discover. Peak Practice filmed here and is home to the newly restored ECCLESBOURNE VALLEY RAILWAY, a super day out here off the trodden tourist route.
KEDLESTON HALL (National Trust) is just 10 minutes away has a full annual programme of events
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
- Brailsford Barns are in a rural setting with excellent connections to the A52, A38, A50. M1 J23/j24/25
- East Midlands Airport 30 minutes
- Budget airlines www.monarch.co.uk, www.ryanair.co.uk and www.jet2.com. fly in/out EMA
- Birmingham and Manchester airports are one hour away with all major international airlines
- Direct trains from Derby and new East Midlands Parkway are 1hr 33 minutes to London St Pancras and the
- Car Hire - see www.enterprise.com who can provide a meet and greet service
Activities near Ashbourne
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
29 Oct 2012
We stayed at APPLEseed for 1 week in September 2012 as a 'get away from the city' type break. What we found was a place that we will go back to many times over. Despite being just 7 miles... more
22 May 2012
Appleseed barn has been converted to a really high standard with luxurious fitting and finish and really nice touches throughout. With hotel standard towels and linens and fabulous Emma Bridewater and White Company items, this really is a home from home. The owners live on site, but let you keep to yourselves and enjoy their little in peaceful contrysie oasis in Derbyshire. They spoilt us with welcome supplies, a homemade cake and the Sunday Times! There is a shared tennis court, wonderful walks and plenty to explore. Simply put, lovely - we would definitley receommend it and hope to return soon.
06 Mar 2012
We have just returned from a long weekend at Brailsford Barns. We booked very last minute and Emma (the delightful owner) could not have been more helpful. Detailed directions and info on the local area were provided beforehand which was great.
The barns are beautifully kitted out and the furnishings and kitchen equipment are all of the highest quality. There has clearly been a lot of love put in to their making which we greatly appreciated. It's peaceful and your privacy is completely respected. The fire is super efficient and the lounge area is very difficult to tear yourself away from!!
There is lots to see/do in the local area and more than enough to keep everyone happy. Quad biking for us was a great hit..We didn't try the local pub in Brailsford though had a lovely meal in The Saracens Head, Shirley, reasonably priced gastropub type food.
We have stayed in several self catering places in the Peaks and this has certainly been the most luxurious and we are looking forward to returning already..hopefully when the weather is slightly brighter and we can have a game of tennis!!
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 2|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Spring||29 Mar 13||25 May 13||£ 650||£ 120||£ 120||3 Nights|
|Summer||25 May 13||7 Sep 13||£ 695||£ 125||£ 125||3 Nights|
|Autumn||7 Sep 13||18 Oct 13||£ 675||£ 115||£ 115||3 Nights|
|Winter||18 Oct 13||20 Dec 13||£ 650||£ 120||£ 120||3 Nights|
|Prices for group size 4|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Spring||29 Mar 13||25 May 13||£ 725||£ 140||£ 140||3 Nights|
|Summer||25 May 13||7 Sep 13||£ 750||£ 140||£ 140||3 Nights|
|Autumn||7 Sep 13||17 Oct 13||£ 725||£ 140||£ 140||3 Nights|
|Winter||19 Oct 13||19 Dec 13||£ 695||£ 120||£ 120||3 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
- We aim to respond by return.
- Weekday and weekend prices above are for 4 and 3 nights respectively, in total, not nightly.
-- Keys are available from 4.00 pm on day of arrival and departure by 10am.
- Rental includes many extras - WiFi, welcome drinks, starter kitchen essentials/cleaning materials, fresh flowers, Egyptian cotton sheets, White Company towels/robes.
- Payment by bank transfer, cash, cheque or Paypal (plus 1.4% fee). Prices subject to change.
- Housekeeping deposit £150 may be requested. We kindly request all damage to be paid and declared before departure.
- Full terms & conditions for booking on our web site www.brailsfordbarns.co.uk
- We recommend you take out comprehensive travel insurance since no refunds/exchanges permitted.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Flexible dates to suit you - please call 07802 883655
Weekend breaks Fri 4pm- Mon 10 am
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2013. This barn has received 10 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Book direct or online
Payments for this home can be made online on Holiday Lettings or directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
HAREbell, BRAILSFORD BARNS in Ashbourne, England
Holiday accommodation in England (21,116)