10 Jaybelle Grange
Lodge | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
10 Jaybelle Grange is a wonderfully presented holiday lodge set amongst similar properties on a private development. The interior is finished to a high standard and offers a great open-plan living area for all teh family to enjoy. There is a comfortable sitting area with a fireplace, flat screen TV and DVD player. The kitchen area has all the conveniences of modern living, including a dishwasher, microwave, double oven and 5-ring gas hob. There is also dining area with room to seat up to 8 people for meals. Doors open from this living area onto the deck, which is west facing and ideal for catching the evening sunshine. Here you will find the lodge's hot tube set into the deck. A perfect place to relax and unwind at any time of year.
There are two bedrooms in the lodge. The first is a double bedroom with an en-suite shower room (boasting quite a hi-tech shower with multiple jets!). The second bedroom has 2 single beds and there is a seperate family bathroom as well. Another benefit of the lodge is a utility cupboard with a washer/dryer and outside there is parking for 2 cars.
(Please note, Jaybelle Grange is part way through development and some lodge plots are currently incomplete)
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Climping 5 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Southampton 69 km, Nearest railway: Littlehampton 4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
The South East England region
This part of the south east of England enjoys some of the best weather in the U.K. and has numerous places of historical and scenic interest to visit.
London is easily accessible by both car and train and there are three airports within about an hour's drive. Portsmouth, home of the famous Victory ship, is about 40 minutes away and Brighton, with its eclectic array of shops, is about 1/2 an hour's drive.
Chichester is about 15 minutes' drive and has museums, the famous Festival Theatre, and sports facilities.
Jaybelle Grange is set close to the unspoilt beach at Climping, West Sussex. The beach itself is only about a mile away and is within walking distance or is an easy cycle ride away. The pub and restaurant, The Oystercatcher, can be found right at the entrance to Jaybelle Grange is always popular for lunches, dinners or just an evening drink.
Less than 3 miles to the east is seaside town of Littlehampton, with a European Blue Flag winning beach, harbour and an attractive riverside development. About 4 miles to the west is Bognor Regis which has a popular seaside holiday destination for many years! Also within easy reach are the historic towns of Chichester and Arundel, both boasting buildings and architecture of note. Chichester also offers a great selection of shops, cafes, restaurants and bars, catering for all tastes. A little further afield, the cities of Portsmouth and Brighton are easily accessible by road. Both offer excellent shopping and interesting tourist sites, including the Historic Naval Dockyard at Portsmouth.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
6 Feb 2014
"Room for improvement"
The lodge is stunning every thing you could want. The problem with this holiday let is the site managers and 1 of the permanent residents. We had a problem that required an engineer to visit the lodge. The managment are very strict about where to park but made no instruction to our engineer which resulted in one resident phoning the office to complain rather than walk the 10 meters to speak to us directly. This tells you all you need to know.
Thank you for your review and we are certainly very pleased that you liked the lodge so much. It is very well presented and popular with our guests.
We are sorry to read that you had an issue with the parking situation on site. As you say, this could have been dealt with very differently by the resident in question. We are not aware of any other incidences like this, so it was very unfortunate to have occurred during your stay.
If we can be of any assistance to you in the future, please do just let us know.
Pallant Holiday Lets
1 Nov 2012
"Perfect for family getaway."
We needed a break from everyday life, preferably someplace with a Jacuzzi and some quiet space. After a more stressful traveling experience than we expected, it was very nice to come into such a nice, warm, cozy, and a lot bigger than we expected home to start our vacation. The house is great. The on-line pictures don't do it justice. Very warm feeling inside. All the amenities you could need, even a fireplace which made a huge difference and was completely unexpected. We traveled with our 21 month old and she claimed the place as her own from the start. There was a perfect-sized cot for her, toys too, even a high chair. The kitchen and supplies there were perfect too. Absolutely loved the layout of the house. The Jacuzzi was a bit difficult to work with- It took us 3 days to get the pH and Alkalinity levels 'normal' according to the water test kit, but once we got it working it was lovely.
The management was nice from my experience, though I only talked to someone once- he was very helpful!
What I would recommend is is a little more info in the welcome packet.
1. We weren't sure about how to get back into the estate after the gates closed (at night) because no one told us that the button on the house key opens the gate... it took a while to get in- not to mention a few knocks on stranger's doors. There is a phone number listed on the gate key pad but we had no cell service.
2. Before we went on vacation we hadn't done much research on places to visit in the area while we were there, we figured we'd ask the front desk when we got there. Unfortunately there was no wifi available and the office was closed/locked every time we went. There were some brochures in one of the table drawers in the house so we got by, but personal recommendations always make a difference- especially when you have to go shopping for things like food. The only reason I know of British stores is because I have British cable at home. When I typed 'Tesco' into the GPS nothing came up, so maybe a little help from the office or a map of local eateries and/or shopping areas would be great.
3. We had no idea how to leave the place- as far as cleaning goes, and again, the office was closed/locked at check out time. We vacuumed the floors and cleaned the tables and counters, turned on the dish washer and left the linens in the clothes bins. I would have washed those too but didn't have enough time the morning we left. Perhaps a bit of an outline or guideline in the welcome notes would be more helpful to the next guest.
4. When a new tenant checks in, it would also be good to mention that he/she should park on the paving stones in front of the house. This way the folks in the office (or a neighbor) doesn't have to come out to your house and tell you where to repark.
5. Heating, please add info as to how to turn on the heating in the bedrooms. I saw dials on the heaters but couldn't read or feel what was on them (the writing was so small). So I guessed which way they should be turned and turned them one way (waited the night) then turned them in the opposite direction the next day when it was still cold. Finally on day three the heating worked.
6. Please explain how the doors and windows open and lock upon arrival. Those push locks may be common in the UK, but I have never seen them before and I'm not from the UK. Eventually we figured them out.
Overall- the one time we did speak with the folks in the office they were nice, the gentleman who lives next to the office is quite helpful too... though, helping folks who don't live there is probably not his job. The house we stayed in is absolutely perfect. It was really a very welcomed surprise and I'm glad we found this place. The decor inside the house and flowers on the porch were a breath of fresh air. I'm sorry I forgot to take a picture so I could attempt to replicate it next year on my porch. I also loved the Christmas lights and music options. I would recommend it to someone if they wanted to stay in this area. It's pretty central to what the area has to offer.
Oh- one more thing- The Oystercatcher looks like a wonderful place to eat. Quite big on the inside, very busy, beautiful decor, nice staff. A bit pricey, but seeing as how they are the only sit-down eatery that appears this nice within a few miles, I think they can get away with it.
Thank you for your review and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at 10 Jaybelle Grange. Your comments are very helpful and constructive, thank you for these as well. We would be delighted to welcome you back should you wish to come and stay with us again.
Pallant Holiday Lets
You're booking with
Stuart Hutchings (Property Manager Pallant Holiday Lets)
- 4 Years listed
95% Response rate
Based in United Kingdom
- Brighton and Hove
- 297 properties
- 195 properties
- 81 properties
- 79 properties
- Bognor Regis
- 34 properties
- 27 properties
- Seaview Village
- 23 properties
- 22 properties
- 19 properties
- St Helens, Isle of Wight
- 17 properties
- South Downs
- 16 properties
- 12 properties
- Angmering on Sea
- 11 properties
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- Haywards Heath
- 9 properties
- Hayling Island
- 8 properties
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties