from £61 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £61 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Availability Your dates are available
House / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
La Voute is your private and exclusive hamlet holiday destination, surrounded by 55 acres of our woodland and meadows this is a truly relaxing and tranquil holiday home.
The ground floor consists of a large kitchen/diner, lounge with log burner, downstairs double bedroom with en-suite, 2 further bedrooms both with en-suites upstairs.
There is your own private BBQ and outside dinning area and we serve meals on the terrace overlooking the pool twice weekly.
As well s the 10m by 5m in ground pool your gite has a selection of books & board games. There is a flat screen TV with basic Sky TV, DVD player and music system.
Outside there is a badminton net, table tennis, boules, cricket and football net.
There are also a selection of mountain bikes for your use (subject to availability).
There is an honesty bar set under one of the gites, where there is a selection of wines & beers available as well as pub games such as darts, table skittles, cards etc.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Limoges 60 km, Nearest railway: Angouleme 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages, Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Table tennis, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
* Kitchen/diner with fully fitted units with sink and drainer, gas cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster & coffee machine, and a farmhouse dining table and chairs.
* Fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. The kitchen is well stocked with crockery, cutlery, glasses and utensils. There is an iron and ironing board.
* Living room with beautifully decorated to a high standard whilst retaining all the original features. Also a log burner if the nights are chilly and logs can be purchased at a small cost.
* There is exposed stone walls, beams, the original stone sink and fireplace.
* Entrance doorway leads into the living room, with stairs to the first floor.
* There are two sofas, UK satelite TV (Freeview) please feel free to bring your own SKY card, DVD, CD player, coffee table, cupboard with games, cards and a selection of books and magazines .
* Children's dvds are available upon request.
* Bedroom 1 is a very large double room, with solid oak flooring, exposed stone work and a large double bed, bedside tables and reading lights, wardrobe, and chest of drawers. There is a small table and chairs by the window with views of the garden and pool. There is space for another single bed/cot. A floor standing fan is provided. A door leads to a luxury en-suite shower room with a very large shower, WC, hand basin with storage and power point for hairdryer or shaver, velux window.
* Bedroom 2 is a large twin/double bedroom with exposed stone work and beams. Bedside tables with reading lights, wardrobe and cupboard, and a floor standing fan are included. There is a window with views of the garden and pool. A door leads to the en-suite shower room with large shower, WC, hand basin with storage and power point for hairdryer or shaver, velux window.
* Bedroom 3 is a large double bedroom with exposed stone work and beams. Bedside tables with wall lights, wardrobe and cupboards, and a floor standing fan is supplied. The window has views of the garden and pool. A door leads to the en-suite shower room with large shower, WC, hand basin with storage and power point for hairdryer or shaver.
* All beds are made upon arrival and a weekly maid service is available upon request, spare blankets are in each room.
* Bath and hand towels are provided and we ask guests to bring their OWN POOL TOWELS please.
* A child's cot and high chair are available upon request at the time of booking.
|Further details outdoors|
The gite has its own garden area, garden furniture, bbq and private parking
The pool is shared by the occupants of our other gite & Yurts.
We also offer a welcome pack with tea, coffee, sugar, milk, biscuits etc to all our guests.
About this location
The Poitou-Charentes region
La Voute is situated near the village of Mainzac which is mid-way between Angouleme and Brantome on the border of the Charente and Dordogne, on the edge of the Perigord/Limousin natural park. The area is renowned for its gourmet food and local produce including fois gras, truffles and the delightful local aperitif, Pineau.
We are surrounded by picturesque villages, chateaux, working mills, prehistoric caves, churches and vineyards.
Angouleme is a historic walled city, home of the National Comics and Image Centre and the venue of the historic vintage car race 'Circuit des Ramparts' in the autumn. There is a wide choice of gourmet restaurants, bars and shops.
The gites are 3km from restaurants and bars in Haute-Faye, Marthon, Charras, Varignes and Javerlhac. The market towns of Montbron, Piegut, Nontron and La Rochefoucald, with its beautiful chateau, restaurants, shops and brocantes, are within a 10 to 30 minute drive away. Many of the local restaurants offer 5 course lunches with wine for around €14.
The towns of Perigueux, Aubeterre and the world famous Cognac are all within easy reach. The coast at Royan and La Rochelle, with its beautiful beaches, is 1½ hours away.
About the owner
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
19 Sep 2014
"Something for everyone of every age"
We stayed at La Voute in August 14 with our 3 children (10, 12 and 3) and another family with two children. We cannot fault this place. The gite was very comfortable and clean and well equipped for ev… More
13 Jun 2014
"This is what life should be like"
We have just had a wonderful stay with owners John and Paula in their charming, comfortable and well equipped Gite. The Gite itself is detached and well away from their main house and has been sympat… More
Thank you for this superb review , it has to be the best so far.....I even put it on our Facebook page lavoutelife
Hope you are both keeping well and it would be lovely to see you both again.
Paula & John x
30 Sep 2013
This holiday ticked all my boxes! Paula and John are amazing hosts in the beautiful surroundings of la Voute. We were made very welcome, nothing was too much trouble, even dinner was available to orde… More
Thank you so very much for your fantastic review !!!
It was a real pleasure having you all staying with us and the dogs miss all the fuss that the girls made of them.
We would love to see you all again.
Paula & John
31 Aug 2013
Paula and John were great hosts. They were very welcoming and geneorous. They have created a beautiful gite, set in their tranquil estate. The Gite was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The childr… More
Thanks for the great review, it was a delight having you stay with us
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
75% Response rate
Calendar last updated:13 Mar 2015
Based in France
Credit cards accepted