Gite | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
La Belena is set in the middle of 55 acres of its own gardens ,pasture, farm and woodland, and has been converted to a high standard. The gite offers a large open-plan living/dining area with a fully fitted kitchen and exposed stone work and beams, all tastefully decorated and furnished to a high standard. On the first floor are two bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms and WCs. The master bedroom has double french doors leading to your own veranda and the second bedroom has bunk beds suitable for adults. There is also a sofa bed, childrens cot & high chair available.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||La Rochelle 95 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Limoges 60 km, Nearest railway: Angouleme 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
The accommodation comprises:
* Kitchen/diner with fitted units, single sink, gas cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster & coffee machine. Fridge freezer and washing machine.the kitchen is well stocked with crockery, cutlery, glasses and utensils. There is an iron and ironning board. A farmhouse table and chairs in the dining area.
* Living room with 2 comfortable sofas, one being a double sofa bed. Satelite tv ( freeview ), dvd and music system with CD player.. If you would like to bring your own 'sky card' then please do.
* A cupboard in the lounge has a selection of books, magazines and games for your enjoyment. We have a selection of children's videos and video player available upon request.
* Bedroom 1 is a large double room with solid oak flooring, large pine bed and new bedside tables.Pine wardrobe and French antique washstand with a chair and mirror,.A door to an en-suite shower room, WC and sink. We offer good quality bed linen and new towels for the 2013 season. Power point for hair drier or shaver included. A floor standing fan is also supplied. Double French doors open onto a private balcony furnished with table and chairs with views down the ¼ mile driveway, sand school for horses and gardens.
* Bedroom 2 is a bunk bedroom with solid oak flooring, a clothes stand and hanging space, with a door to an en-suite shower room with wc, sink and power point. A floor standing fan is also supplied.
* All beds are made upon arrival and a weekly maid service is available upon request - spare blankets are supplied in each room if needed.
* New, good quality bath and hand towels are provided and we ask guests to bring their OWN POOL TOWELS please.
* A child's cot and high chair are available upon request at the time of booking
* The gite has oil-fired central heating, making an ideal base for winter lets
|Further details outdoors|
The gite has its own garden area, garden furniture, BBQ and private parking
A welcome pack is also included, which contains a few basics as well as a bottle of local wine.
The Poitou-Charentes/Vendee region
La Voute is situated near the village of Mainzac which is mid-way between Angouleme and Brantome on the border of the Charente and Dordogne, on the edge of the Perigord/Limousin natural park. The area is renowned for its gourmet food and local produce including fois gras, truffles and the delightful local aperitif, Pineau.
We are surrounded by picturesque villages, chateaux, working mills, prehistoric caves, churches and vineyards.
Angouleme is a historic walled city, home of the National Comics and Image Centre and the venue of the historic vintage car race 'Circuit des Ramparts' in the autumn. There is a wide choice of gourmet restaurants, bars and shops.
The gite is 3km from restaurants and bars in Haute-Faye, Marthon, Charras, Varignes and Javerlhac. The market towns of Montbron, Piegut, Nontron and La Rochefoucald, with its beautiful chateau, restaurants, shops and brocantes, are within a 10 to 30 minute drive away. Many of the local restaurants offer 5 course lunches with wine for around €14.
The towns of Perigueux, Aubeterre and the world famous Cognac are all within easy reach. The coast at Royan and La Rochelle, with its beautiful beaches, is 1½ hours away.