other travellers have booked this property online using Holiday Lettings Payments. When you book your rental using Holiday Lettings payments you are covered by Payment Protection
Gite | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 4
La Belena is set in the middle of 55 acres of its own gardens ,pasture, farm and woodland, and has been converted to a high standard. The gite offers a large open-plan living/dining area with a fully fitted kitchen and exposed stone work and beams, all tastefully decorated and furnished to a high standard. On the first floor are two bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms and WCs. The master bedroom has double french doors leading to your own veranda and the second bedroom has bunk beds suitable for adults. There is also a sofa bed, childrens cot & high chair available.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||La Rochelle 95 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Limoges 60 km, Nearest railway: Angouleme 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 En suites|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Single beds (2), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Further details indoors|
The accommodation comprises:
* Kitchen/diner with fitted units, single sink, gas cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster & coffee machine. Fridge freezer and washing machine.the kitchen is well stocked with crockery, cutlery, glasses and utensils. There is an iron and ironning board. A farmhouse table and chairs in the dining area.
* Living room with 2 comfortable sofas, one being a double sofa bed. Satelite tv ( freeview ), dvd and music system with CD player.. If you would like to bring your own 'sky card' then please do.
* A cupboard in the lounge has a selection of books, magazines and games for your enjoyment. We have a selection of children's videos and video player available upon request.
* Bedroom 1 is a large double room with solid oak flooring, large pine bed and new bedside tables.Pine wardrobe and French antique washstand with a chair and mirror,.A door to an en-suite shower room, WC and sink. We offer good quality bed linen and new towels for the 2013 season. Power point for hair drier or shaver included. A floor standing fan is also supplied. Double French doors open onto a private balcony furnished with table and chairs with views down the ¼ mile driveway, sand school for horses and gardens.
* Bedroom 2 is a bunk bedroom with solid oak flooring, a clothes stand and hanging space, with a door to an en-suite shower room with wc, sink and power point. A floor standing fan is also supplied.
* All beds are made upon arrival and a weekly maid service is available upon request - spare blankets are supplied in each room if needed.
* New, good quality bath and hand towels are provided and we ask guests to bring their OWN POOL TOWELS please.
* A child's cot and high chair are available upon request at the time of booking
* The gite has oil-fired central heating, making an ideal base for winter lets
|Further details outdoors|
The gite has its own garden area, garden furniture, BBQ and private parking
A welcome pack is also included, which contains a few basics as well as a bottle of local wine.
The Poitou-Charentes/Vendee region
La Voute is situated near the village of Mainzac which is mid-way between Angouleme and Brantome on the border of the Charente and Dordogne, on the edge of the Perigord/Limousin natural park. The area is renowned for its gourmet food and local produce including fois gras, truffles and the delightful local aperitif, Pineau.
We are surrounded by picturesque villages, chateaux, working mills, prehistoric caves, churches and vineyards.
Angouleme is a historic walled city, home of the National Comics and Image Centre and the venue of the historic vintage car race 'Circuit des Ramparts' in the autumn. There is a wide choice of gourmet restaurants, bars and shops.
The gite is 3km from restaurants and bars in Haute-Faye, Marthon, Charras, Varignes and Javerlhac. The market towns of Montbron, Piegut, Nontron and La Rochefoucald, with its beautiful chateau, restaurants, shops and brocantes, are within a 10 to 30 minute drive away. Many of the local restaurants offer 5 course lunches with wine for around €14.
The towns of Perigueux, Aubeterre and the world famous Cognac are all within easy reach. The coast at Royan and La Rochelle, with its beautiful beaches, is 1½ hours away.
Availability Your dates are available
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
5 Apr 2014
"Welcoming, beautiful, peaceful - amazing hosts"
Paula and John answered my million questions before we booked (and after). Once we arrived they were really friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. They look after their customers like wel… More
9 Oct 2013
"Peaceful & Comfortable - great place !"
We stayed here for a week and enjoyed every single moment. The gite is immaculate and very well equipped with everything you could need. Paula & John are so friendly and willing that we hated having… More
Thank you so much for your fantastic review !! We are so happy you had such a lovely time with us and all our four legged friends....Hope you had a very 'special day' when you arrived home .
We look forward to seeing you both again.
Paula & John
8 Oct 2013
"A stunningly beautiful gite - in stunningly beautiful grounds."
We spent a week at La Belena in July 2013 - wished we had booked two! The gite was just as described and had everything that we needed to make our stay comfortable and relaxing. The grounds are steepe… More
23 Sep 2013
"Beautiful gite in stunning, relaxing rural Frnace"
We spent an idyllic week at La Belena with our 2 children aged 6 and 8. The gite is a lovingly restored farm with a fantastic swimming pool nestled in the trees. It is such a relaxing place that we … More
Dear Ali & Scott,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of La Belena, glad you had such a lovely time.
John and I would love to see you all again next year .
All the best.
Paula & John x
15 Aug 2013
"Idyllic family holiday"
The is our second year at la Belena. Paula and John are wonderful hosts and are so welcoming and helpful. The location is superb - it is far enough from shops (10minutes for the morning baguette) to a… More
Thank you so much for a great review, it was really good to see you all again.
Perhaps next year as well!!
Take care and love to all.
Paula & John
18 Mar 2013
"Great place to stay"
We spent a most enjoyable week at La Voute in 2011. The Gite was very well equipped and comfortable. Ours was a spring holiday in May so we did not make use of the lovely swimming pool. A ride on … More
15 Mar 2013
"An Absolute Gem"
We have visited La Belena on two occasions now, once with our young children and a return trip on our own. Both trips have been idyllic.John and Paula are fantastic hosts who couldn't be more wel… More
19 Aug 2011
"The best family holiday we have had in France"
We have just returned from the best family holiday we have had in France, the gite, the swimming pool, the dogs and horses and Paula and John have all been fantastic. There is lots to see and do in the local area it kept us busy for 2 weeks and there is more we would like to come back and do. We hope to return again and would definitely recommend La Belena. Thank you again Paula and John the information you gave us of things going on in the local area helped us to experience a bit of real French life. The Fletcher Family, Pool-in-Wharfedale
6 Jul 2011
Our stay at La Belena was idyllic and the hosts John and Paula were extremely welcoming. Beautiful, peaceful countryside surrounds the property and it has all the facilities you could wish for and mo… More
You need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website to ensure your payment is protected. We can’t protect your payment if you don’t pay through us.Learn more
You're booking with
- 7 Years listed
85% Response rate
Based in France
Credit cards accepted
- Visit site
- 60 properties
- 53 properties
- 43 properties
- 24 properties
- Aubeterre sur Dronne
- 22 properties
- 18 properties
- 17 properties
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 15 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 10 properties
- 9 properties
- 9 properties
- Tocane St Apre
- 8 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 7 properties
- 6 properties