Price for guests, Nights
Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Gite / 6 bedrooms / sleeps 15
Availability Your dates are available
Gite / 6 bedrooms / sleeps 15
An ideal location for rest and relaxation with stunning views of the Pyrenees. There are delightful gardens to sit and relax and enjoy the views whilst the children play in the pool, or take advantage of the many games there are available. Football goals, trampoline, badminton, swings, there's always something to keep the kids amused. Benefitting from a quiet location in the country, you are situated just 10 minutes drive from the main town of Oloron Ste Marie which offers many commercial outlets and various leisure activities, such as the local pool with slides and diving pool, rafting, quad biking, mountain biking, climbing, fishing, skiing, and lots more!
Les Granges are ideally situated to explore a stunning region of South West France with the mountains, rivers, waterfalls, a day at the beach, or lake. Try the local adventure park, water park, or hire a mountain bike and explore the mountain paths. Discover the caves and gorges, or walk the bridge over the gorge. Try the local cuisine, enjoy the markets, take a tour around the local winery at Jurancon. See the bears of the Pyrenees and other local wildlife at Borce, go and see the fantastic bird of prey aerial display in the old dungeon at Argeles Gazost and sit among vultures, eagles, ospreys and hawks. There is so much to see and do, that a week is not enough, so book 2!
Our 3 self-contained gites divide as a 1 bedroom gite (1 double bed, there is also a double sofabed in lounge), 2 bedroom gite (one double room and 1 twin room) and a 3 bedroom gite (2 double rooms, 1 twin room with bunk beds and sofa bed), extra beds/cots available for babies/children. Therefore, in total, there are 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms/shower rooms, 5 toilets, 3 lounge/dining room/kitchens, games/playroom, utility room. Outdoor space includes terraces with BBQs, large gardens and pool with sundeck area and parking.
The gites are well-furnished, comfortable holiday homes, all recently restored having tiled and wood floors and exposed beams and stonework. They provide good quality, spacious living accommodation and, to date, we have had no complaints! All our guests comment on how clean and spacious they are and how well presented and equipped. We take pride in what we offer and want you to enjoy your holiday here, so you'll come back again.
The gites are ideal for a big get together with family or friends, where come the evening you can go back to your self-contained gite and enjoy some peace and quiet!
|Size||Sleeps up to 15, 6 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Biarritz 80 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pau 50 km, Nearest railway: Oloron Ste Marie 10 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||TV, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Climbing frame, Swing set, Trampoline|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
We have a stunning corner plot of about 2500 m2, with each individual gite having its own private terrace or balcony, you also have access to the southfacing, walled communal garden area which is designed to provide a safe playing area for children and adults. The paddock area is ideal for relaxing among the fruit trees, taking in the stunning views of the mountains and watching the birds of prey soar the skies. The playing area in the garden has a trampoline (with safety net), swing set and slide and various toys. There are 2 goal posts and other nets for badminton or volleyball. Just mind the vegetable garden and resident scarecrow! The pool area has been designed so it is not easy for little ones to wonder into, being accessed either side by a small staircase and lockable gates then onto the sundeck area. Our southfacing sundeck is approximately 60m2 and has various sun loungers, tables and chairs and parasols. The pool is 9.45m x 4.5m and is one depth of 1.2m and can only be accessed via the steps from the sundeck area and is perfect for cooling down in the hot sun.
WE REQUIRE 50% OF THE RENTAL CHARGE ON BOOKING WITH THE FINAL BALANCE DUE 12 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE HOLIDAY START DATE. BREAKAGES DEPOSIT OF £250 REQUIRED WITH THE FINAL PAYMENT, WHICH WILL BE RETURNED WITHIN 14 DAYS OF YOUR DEPARTURE DATE, SUBJECT TO EVERYTHING BEING IN ORDER.
Charge is based on 12 people sharing, being divided as a 6, 4 and 2. Additional persons are charged extra. (excluding babies).
Our charges will include bed linen and towels, electric not included in winter lets.
The Bearn region
The gite is situated at the foothills of the Pyrénées in the Béarn region of South West France, 10 km from the market town of Oloron Ste Marie, the town where the French beret was invented! Famous for it's local produce of 'brebis' cheese, Madiran and Jurançon wines, garbure (soup) and of course the mountains, the area is rural France at its best. The climate is very hot during the summer and mild during winter. It is very lush and green with a wealth of trees and forests and waterfalls. There are lots of nature walks, cycling is very popular, gorges to visit and Les Grottes (ancient caves with stalagmites and stalagtites). Biarrritz and St Jean de Luz is about an hour and a half away and Spain is about an hour.
Oloron Ste Marie is 10km from Ance and has an array of shops and restaurants and during the summer has many shows in the local park, from live bands, jazz festivals, gospel choirs to soup festivals, bike races and night markets. Many of the local villages and towns have markets, so you could visit a different one everyday and take their Menu du Jour, prices start from as little as 10€ per person for 3 courses including wine. If you want a bit more action then there is always something to do!
- WATER PARK - Aquabearn Water Park, 20 mins drive, with slides, pools, picnic areas, restaurants, etc. Aquabearn and the local pool is seasonal only from June to September.
- SWIMMING - Oloron pool with indoor and outdoor pools, slides, picnic area, etc is 10 min drive and local outdoor pool at Lanne is 5 min drive.
- ADVENTURE PARK - at Aramits is a 10 min drive, with harness and safety equipment you climb through the trees and can abseil and bungee jump, if you want!
- QUAD BIKING, 4x4 off-roading and go-carting at Aramits is a 10 min drive, mainly for adolescents and adults.
- CLIMBING - Rock climbing
- RAFTING - kayaking and white water rafting are 15/20 mins away.
- LES GORGES - The amazing Gorge de Kakouetta is about 30 mins drive, where you can walk through the Gorge with its waterfalls and flowing river, stop for a picnic and take in the view.
- HORSE RIDING - There is horse riding, nearby in Goes, about 15 min drive.
- SKIING -(winter only) Well situated for La Pierre St Martin, Gourette, Astun and Candanchu. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
- FISHING - the rivers are well known for excellent salmon and trout fishing. Les Gaves d'Oloron, d'Aspe and d'Ossau.
- CYCLING - the Tour de France has travelled through the Pyrénées climbing the Cols d'Ichere, de Marie Blanque, La Pierre St Martin and further across to the Col dAubisque and Tourmalet. The local Tourist Board can give you details of past routes and stages, so you can try them yourself!
- MOUNTAIN BIKING - Becoming more and more popular, you can hire bikes locally and try the local, well signposted routes or hire a guide and try some of the routes more off the beaten track.
- GOLF - There are several courses within reach of us here, a small course at Salies de Bearn, or at Pau there is the newer course at Artigelouve, or play the oldest course in mainland Europe. 150 years old, the clubhouse is like a museum, the greens having stunning views of the mountains and the restaurant is an ideal 19th hole! Further afield, 90 mins, there is the challenging, but stunning course at Lourdes or on the coast, the championship courses at Biscarosse and Seignosse.
- WINE TASTING - the Jurançon vineyards are situated at the foothills south of Pau, where you can visit their cellars and try their increasingly popular whites,rosés and reds. Their sweet white wine is expecially popular as an apératif, being offered at most of the local restaurants. It can also be bought directly from the 'cave' 'en vrac', so take your old empty water bottles and fill them up! Prices start from as little as 0.60 cents per litre.
- BIRD WATCHING - A bird lovers paradise! Eagles, kestrels, kites, ospreys and vultures are a common sight in the Pyrénées and to see them soar the skies in their natural habitat is quite spectacular. You can relax by the sundeck in the garden with your binoculars and see many birds of prey in flight, or go further afield to les Donjon des Aigles and you will find one of the most spectacular aerial displays in Europe. AWESOME!
- WALKING - The main past time of the area, there are so many routes, we have some route maps here, the village has many signposted routes to take, that can take from 90 mins to 6 hrs. Or further afield the Cirque de Lescun is stunning with its circle of mountains, waterfalls and wild horses, you could be gone for days!
- BEACH - A little further afield are the beaches of the South West Coast at Biarritz and St Jean de Luz, take in the surfer's paradise or visit the chic bars and restaurants on the beach. The rugged coastline and awesome waves are quite spectacular to see - well worth a visit.
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
9 Oct 2012
Clive and sharon are brilliant hosts stayed here twice now cycling is brilliant here and the tour de france thought i may had over sold the accomadation to my wife and daughter but clearly i hadnt the pool the weather the view excellent definatly going back again cheers
You're booking with
- 9 Years listed
80% Response rate
Calendar last updated:26 May 2015
Based in France
Credit cards accepted