Sorry, that home is no longer available
Bungalow | 2 bedrooms | sleeps 5
This semi-detached, cosy three bedroom holiday bungalow( to accommodate 5) is set in a small private development in the Valley of Ammanford. Furnished and equipped to a very high standard the property offers an ideal holiday touring base. Rich in wildlife the area has beautiful relaxing walks almost from the door step. Dan-yr-Ogof National Showcaves Centre and Dinosaur Park is a must for children and adults alike. The Brecon Beacons National Park is less than half a mile away. Shop and pub 300 yards, restaurant 1 mile. NB:
All on ground floor: Living/dining room. Kitchen. 2 bedrooms: 1 double , (one 5ft four poster), 1 triple. Bathroom with shower over bath and toilet.
Gas CH, elec and bed linen inc. Free view TV. Blu-ray. Elec cooker. Combi m/wave/oven/grill. T/dryer. . F/freezer. Small garden with sitting-out area and furniture. Grounds with sitting-out area and furniture. BBQ. Parking (3 cars). Cycle store. Welcome pack. Pet free of charge. No smoking. Easy walking access. NB: River in grounds.Linen & towels included Linen & towels included, If it is a Long let Price can be negotiated.
The owner can give special price for booking all these 4 properties as a big group
The Ammanford area
Few holiday cottages in Wales can boast a location as desirable as this. Located within the Brecon Beacons National Park, the local area offers fishing, horse riding and golf as well as a friendly local pub in the village. Nearby the Black Mountains offer ample opportunity for walking, hiking and biking or for a quieter day out the picture postcard town of Llandeilo offers unique crafts, art and gifts by local artists.
The Brecon Jazz festival is a great occasion, taking place in early summer each year or nearby Swansea often has events and festivals through the season. Also nearby are parks, castles, a zoo and theme park.
Things to do -
The Gower Peninsula -
Britains first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Gower has over 34 miles of coastline and some of Wales cleanest and most spectacular beaches.At Rhossili Bay, (named by The Sunday Times as one of the top 25 beaches in the world!) you can enjoy unrivalled views of the famous Worms Head. Three Cliffs Bay and many other local beaches have European Blue Flags and Green Coast awards demonstrating both clean water and high quality facilities.
Gower can offer a host of activities including horseriding,golf,surfing and other watersports, suitable for all ages and abilities. It is also a haven for walkers, offering short family walks taking in many of the historic churches and landmarks in the area, to routes for the more experienced walker which explore the most breathtaking views of the peninsula.
The Mumbles -
Mumbles is located at the end of the five - mile sweep of Swansea Bay,is a Victorian seaside resort full of character. this picturesque village is home to some of the finest restaurants in Swansea, serving the best in Welsh local produce, including freshly caught fish and other seafood delicacies . Mumbles also boasts some of the finest ice cream parlours in the region (one serving a secret recipe since 1922).The Victorian pier is well worth a visit for a breath of fresh air or visit the cafe and amusement arcade. The Swansea Bay Rider runs from St Helens to Mumbles and echoes the route of the first passenger railway in the UK.
The Maritime Quarter -
Swansea award winning maritime Quarter is a step away from the city centre and is ideal for a leisurely stroll around the colourful marina. There are plenty of places to visit including the National waterfroont Museum and Swansea Museum built in 1841.
Other local attractions -
* Oakwood Theme Park - over 30 fantastic rides in this huge theme park (40 minute drive)
* Carra Cennen Castle - historical castles one of many in the area.
* Oxwich Castle - remains of Tudor fortified manor house built by the Mansel Family during the sixteenth century.
* Gwili Steam Railway - Day out with Thomas the Tank Engine in March and Sept ! Ivor the Engine in Whitsun!
* Folly Farm - Adventure Park Zoo in Pembrokeshire
* Swansea Marina - Maritime Museum - restaurant and bars.
* Laughaurne - the place of Dylan Thomas' home, which was his inspiration for much of his amazing poetry.
* Blackpill - with a wildlife centre, Lido with outdoor children's paddling pool with stunning sea views, with interactive water features and play area.
* Glynhir Golf Club - 18 hole course - 5 miles from the house.
* Clyne Farm Activity Centre - a wide range of activities inc. canoeing,surfing,horse riding,assault courseclimbing wall,cycle hire.
* The Chocolate Factory - Fforestfach - brilliant tour round a actual working chocolate factory brilliant for kids and chocoholics - with lots of freebies thrown In, great if it's raining!
* The famous 'Heart of Wales Line' - a famous train ride that takes you through the scenic Sugar Loaf Mountains, from Ammanford station.
There are some fantastic cycling opportunities in and around Swansea Bay. As part of the Celtic Trail and the Nstional Cycle Network, the area provides a wonderful range of traffic - free cycle routes suitable for families.
All details of whereabouts of the all the above and additional local amenities events/festivals can be found in the entrance hall of the house.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month), Short breaks (1-4 days)|
|Access||Car advised, Wheelchair users|
|Family friendly||Suitable for people with restricted mobility|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
- 104 properties
- 88 properties
- 49 properties
- 31 properties
- 28 properties
- 27 properties
- 27 properties
- 25 properties
- 21 properties
- Burry Port
- 17 properties
- 16 properties
- 14 properties
- 14 properties
- 13 properties
- 12 properties
- 11 properties
- 9 properties
- St Clears
- 8 properties
- Llanwrtyd Wells
- 7 properties
- 6 properties