Para Dos - Just for Two
About the home
"Para Dos - Just for Two" is a detached studio cottage, in a peaceful elevated setting amongst orange groves, with splendid mountain views, from the private terrace, the pool terrace and even from the bed! . The very private swimming pool is one of the best available, being large at 11m, heated and in a stunning location. The cottage also has the benefit of air conditioning and Wi-Fi.
* Ideal for rest and relaxation, but also a great base for the more active. Locally for example, you can enjoy scenic walking, mountain biking, bird watching or golf.
* Also close by to explore are superb sandy beaches, mountains, lakes, ancient castles, monasteries and the historic centres of Xátiva and Valencia.
* The village, 2km, has basic shops and bar/restaurants, with local towns, 10km, providing more complete facilities.
* We even provide Satnav GPS co-ordinates for all the above and more, so that you can easily drive straight there.
* Flexible change over days allow for cheaper mid week flights.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedroom|
|Nearest beach:||Tavernes Playa, 15km|
|Will consider:||Short breaks|
Nearest amenities: 2km
|Family friendly?||Not suitable for children|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Private outdoor pool (heated), DVD player, Staffed Property|
|Pool:||Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|General:||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Hair dryer|
|Rooms:||1 Bedroom, 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Double beds (1), Dining seating for 2, Lounge seating for 2|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private outdoor pool (heated), Balcony / Terrace, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
* The en suite bathroom has a full bath (tub) with shower over.
* Towels provided include pool/beach towels, to help minimise luggage weight.
* Mobile phone signals are good.
* Television - Spanish digital TV has many film, documentary and other channels available in English. Sports channels have Spanish commentary. BBC World News is available in the mornings.
* The DVD player will also play CDs and has a USB port for input from your mobile devices.
Further details outdoors:
* There are TWO VERY PRIVATE TERRACES, with completely different mountain views.
* The Para Dos terrace includes sun loungers, parasol, table, chairs and a gas fired, griddle type barbecue. It is a secluded sun trap in an elevated location, with delightful views across "Valldigna" and the distant village.
* The pool terrace faces in the opposite direction, with a peaceful and unspoiled view up to "Eagle Ridge", with a choice of sun or shade, sun loungers or chairs.
* The SUPERB SWIMMING POOL is a special feature of this property. Located behind the adjacent owners house, it is very private and not overlooked. At 11 meters (36ft), it is longer than most private pools and is thus suitable for serious swimming, as well as the occasional refreshing dip. It is heated by a powerful Solar heating system, so that the comfortable swimming season is greatly extended, being warm enough for most people from April to October.
* Secure shaded parking with electric gate.
* A welcome pack includes wine, beer, hot drinks, fruit juice, and snacks.
* For late arrivals, a suitable food pack can be ordered if required.
* The owner's home is adjacent, so they will be on hand to welcome you and provide any necessary support during your stay, but will otherwise leave you alone to relax.
* They speak English and will also understand a little Spanish or French.
* Reduced mobility is not a problem as car parking, the cottage and terrace are all on one level, but there are some steps, with hand rail, up to the pool area.
For MORE INFORMATION see owner's website via "Visit site" link at bottom of page.
* Minimum charge is for 4 nights, but you may stay for less if you wish.
* A 20% non returnable deposit will secure the booking,
* The balance is due not less than 60 days prior to the arrival date.
* Normal change-over cleaning and reasonable air-conditioning or heating costs are all included.
The Costa Blanca / Valencia / Valencia Province region
* CLIMATE - Valencia claims at least 325 sunny days per year, but this lovely green valley enjoys perhaps only about 310! In summer, rain is rare or non-existent for three to four months. At other times, some rain can be expected on 3 to 5 days per month, sometimes very heavy for a few hours. But the sun soon comes out again, averaging 5.5 hours per day in winter, rising to 10 hours in summer, when maximum temperatures are 25C to 30C, occasionally around 35C. Even in mid winter most lunches can be enjoyed on the terrace.
* VALENCIA CITY is charming and less than one hour by car, or more conveniently by train that will take you from Alzira or Tavernes, right into the centre of the old city.
* The City of Arts and Sciences, has stunning modern architecture and includes concert halls, an Imax cinema and a great science museum.
* Elsewhere there is much to satisfy a wide variety of interests, including the Bioparc (zoo), Europe's largest aquarium and some fabulous shopping opportunities.
* Las Fallas is the truly amazing spring fiesta, March 15th to 19th. There are hundreds of huge satirical figures to be seen, before they are burned on March 19th. Thousands of Falleras, girls in traditional dress, bring millions of flowers to adorn the huge figure of the Virgin Mary. Fireworks can be seen and heard on a spectacular scale. NB. Our local town of Alzira also puts on an amazing display.
* The old city has many historic buildings to explore and La Albufera, just to the South, is a wetlands nature reserve, with relaxing boat trips and many good restaurants.
* If you have special interests, see if your visit can coincide with a major event, such as a concert, opera, jazz, Cirque du Soleil, football, F1 or Moto GP, ATP tennis, FEI show jumping etc.
The Alzira / Barraca de Aguas Vivas area
"Para Dos" is situated in a delightful, elevated position, surrounded by terraced orange groves in "Valldigna", a remarkably green valley that leads down to the Mediterranean, about halfway between Valencia and Denia, just North of the Costa Blanca.
* BEACHES - Glorious wide sandy beaches are mostly Blue Flag and amongst the best in Spain, but are only well known to Spaniards and a few French. They are thus busy in July and August, with a great Mediterranean atmosphere, but surprisingly quiet for the rest of the year. Tavernes Playa (15km) and Xeraco Playa are small resorts, with a few good restaurants and quiet dunes close by. A little further along the coast Cullera (25km round the mountains) and Gandia, are larger and more elegant, with extensive promenades and a wide choice of restaurants and shops.
* BIRD WATCHING - Guided trips available locally to key locations.
* GOLF - Opened in 2011 the La Galiana course enjoys a spectacular setting, high up in the beautiful "Valldigna" valley, surrounded by pine forest and orange groves. Unlike most Spanish courses, it is not overlooked by property development. The course is simply amazing, it has everything, including views, testing golf, excellent quality of greens and great staff. This is a public course, with no membership and fees are competitive.
* MOUNTAIN BIKING - Bike hire, private guided trips and beginners' skills courses, locally based, in the beautiful Valencian mountains
* WATER PARK - Near Cullera for a fun day out.
* WATER SPORTS - JetSki, windsurf, sail etc. Gandia, Cullera or further afield.
* WALKING - There are many signposted walks amongst the mountains, both from "Para Dos" and further afield.
MORE DETAILS on owner's website via "Visit site" link at bottom of page.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
* A car is essential.
* Valencia airport (VLC), about 50 minutes drive, is the local hub for Ryanair with flights from Bristol, London Stansted, East Midlands and Manchester as well as much of Europe. EasyJet fly from London Gatwick.
* Alicante airport (ALC) is 150 km or about 1 hr 50 mins of easy motorway driving (tolls about €11). This splendid new terminal has budget flights "from an airport near you", including more than 20 throughout the UK and Ireland, as well as many other European centers.
* Madrid airport (MAD) is 400km or about 4hrs 15 mins, but can be a cost effective option at peak periods, with much lower air fares.
* By road, the French border is about 550 km via the AP-/ or the ferry ports of Santander and Bilbao are around 750km. Driving across Spain is a pleasure, on good roads, with little traffic and splendid scenery.
Activities near Alzira
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
Beach or lakeside relaxation
10 Nov 2012
Beautiful setting in orange groves with lovely terrace views. The owners (next door) are extremely helpful and welcoming. The "get you in pack" of food and wine was a great gesture. The... more
13 Aug 2012
Having visited Para Dos last year and loved it we returned this year for another two weeks of peaceful bliss. What a wonderful place this is - the pool, the air con, the wifi, the views, all make for... more
We much look forward to your third visit in 2013.
13 Apr 2012
Stayed for 4 nights in April and had a wonderful time! Easy to find from Valencia airport - takes around an hour. The cottage is perfectly equipped for two and the views are absolutely breathtaking! There is a large private balcony with table and chairs and BBQ. Good sized bathroom and compact kitchen (has everything you need). There are lots of local places of interest to visit like Xativa, the National park etc (and if short of ideas the owners have a great deal of local knowledge and are able to recommend places of interest/restaurants etc.) Pool area was lovely as well - with plenty of room for sunbathing. Overall a lovely holiday and we hope to come back! Thanks to Mike & Chris for a wonderful stay
So glad you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to having you here again, perhaps for a longer stay next time.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 2|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|April 2013||8 Apr 13||1 May 13||€ 385||€ 55||€ 55||4 Nights|
|May & June||1 May 13||1 Jul 13||€ 455||€ 65||€ 65||4 Nights|
|July & August||1 Jul 13||1 Sep 13||€ 525||€ 75||€ 75||4 Nights|
|September||1 Sep 13||1 Oct 13||€ 455||€ 65||€ 65||4 Nights|
|Winter||1 Oct 13||1 Apr 14||€ 350||€ 50||€ 50||4 Nights|
|April 2014||1 Apr 14||1 May 14||€ 420||€ 60||€ 60||4 Nights|
|May & June 2014||1 May 14||1 Jul 14||€ 490||€ 70||€ 70||4 Nights|
|July & August 2014||1 Jul 14||1 Sep 14||€ 560||€ 80||€ 80||4 Nights|
|September 2014||1 Sep 14||1 Oct 14||€ 490||€ 70||€ 70||4 Nights|
The property does not have weekend tariffs.
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
* Minimum charge is for 4 nights, but you may stay for less if you wish.
* 20% non returnable deposit to secure booking,
* Balance due not less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Euro payments using PayPal, debit or credit card.
* Alternative GBP transfer to, or payment into UK bank. Please ask for GBP quote.
* The above prices include normal change-over cleaning and reasonable air-conditioning or heating costs, with no hidden extras.
HOW TO BOOK
Simply complete travel dates below and use "Check price and book".
Or "Email owner" with any questions and/or to request a quotation, when the relevant dates will be reserved for 5 days, pending receipt of the appropriate payment.
NB. Please include mobile phone number, with country code, for SMS reply in case e-mail goes into "spam".Book
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Holiday homes in Spain (15,553)