La Bahia luxury at Villa Gadea
About the home
La Bahia is the lead property in the 'Collection Private' portfolio of select apartments in Villa Gadea Residencial. Some of the other properties can be seen at the bottom of this page. See: 2 bed garden apartment - Casa Verano 126467, 2 bed - Casa Sualsa 158232, 3 bed apartment - Casa Feliz 126537, 2 bed garden apartment - Jacaranda 25483.
Located within this prestigious, landscaped development, everything in our luxury, air-conditioned apartment has been designed to ensure your visit is easy, comfortable and memorable.
The living space is simple luxury with large sofas, dining for up to 8 and flexible mood lighting. Full width glass doors lead from the lounge and the two main bedrooms onto spacious covered terraces with seating for alfresco dining or relaxing. 3rd bedroom has pool view and can be used as a study. A private garden wraps-round the apartment offering all-day sun.
Overlooking the pool, the garden's elevation provides privacy whilst offering access to the pool and an eye to be kept on the children. When tired of simply relaxing in the sun, take a stroll through the verdant, undulating grounds of semi-tropical palms and hibiscus to the secluded beach with crystal clear water. At Villa Gadea everything for the perfect stay is within your reach!
|Size:||Sleeps up to 7, 3 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach:||La Olla, 250m|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 450m
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
|Notes:||No pets allowed|
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Jacuzzi / Hot tub, Gym, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pools:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Childrens pool|
|General:||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Telephone, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||3 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (4), Double beds (1), Cots (1), Dining seating for 8, Lounge seating for 6|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony / Terrace, Shared garden, Private garden, BBQ, Shared tennis court on site|
|Access:||Wheelchair friendly, Secure parking|
Further details indoors:
• The spacious, stylish and comfortable lounge has a sofa-bed for a 7th person, CD player and collection of CDs, a Sony Bravia 32' flat screen, LCD HD TV, HD satellite decoder box with UK & European TV & radio channels, Sony BluRay DVD/ CD with 5.1 surround sound, as well as over 100 DVDs for all the family + WiFi (by arrangement). Separate Pioneer HQ/ stereo CD I-pod / I-phone / MP3 player /FM radio with surround sound & CD library.
• The redesigned upgraded kitchen with through bar to lounge offers even more facilities: quartz worktops, ceramic hob, eye level oven/grill, microwave/grill above, waste disposal, and in addition to the full height fridge freezer there is a second fridge for food and bottles. High quality cooking pans, utensils, and accessories encourage cooks. In a sunny bay window is a bistro table and chairs provide a handy place for breakfast or a quick snack. Stereo CD / tape / FM radio player.
• Double aspect master bedroom has a king-size bed with top of the range Vi-Spring mattress and crisp, hand pressed, White Company bed linen, built in wardrobes, dressing table and stool, hairdryer, large built-in wardrobe, full length mirror and double doors onto the terrace and Jacuzzi.
• The second bedroom has extra-wide twin beds (3'3"/ 100cm) with Vi-Spring mattresses that can be zip-linked to form a 6' 6" / 200cm emperor bed, built in wardrobes, dressing table, mirror and hairdryer. The room has double doors onto its own terrace with comfy seating, overlooking the pool.
• Bedroom 3 has pool view, Harrods twin beds, Ralph Lauren linen, built-in wardrobe, dressing table. (If not required as room for 2, can be set up as study with daybed and desk.) • All the beds have fine cotton sheets and feather and duck down duvets (in winter!) and plump duck down pillows (2 per person).
• Also available are 2 anti-allergen pillows and 1 anti-allergen duvet.
• A wooden drop-sided cot with Cool-Max mattress and bedding is available on request.
• Phone and internet access are available for long lets by arrangement.
BATHROOMS The sunny en-suite bathroom has a round Jacuzzi spa bath with a thermostatically controlled power shower. Twin basin are set into a marble worktop, a door leads to a separate toilet and bidet. The bathroom also has a thermostatically controlled power shower over the bath and deliciously tasteful Molton-Brown toiletries.
• The family bathroom has a bath with a thermostatically controlled power shower over and pampering Molton-Brown toiletries.
• Outside on the terrace, overlooking the pool, in its own raised and screened area, is a second luxurious round Jacuzzi spa with underwater lighting and overhead shower. Here you can relax in the bubbling spa.
• Lightweight aliminium loungers are provided for use by the pool.
• Villa Gadea is built on an undulating site although the area surrounding the apartment is fairly flat. You can walk to the beach along paths (with some steps) that meander through the development or via a quiet private road. The grounds cover a large area and there is direct access from the development,through private gates, onto the secluded La Olla beach. Each building has its own dedicated pool with underwater lighting at night. There are children's playgrounds, one behind the beach and one beside the Villa Gadea hotel.
• Main bedroom has a luxurious queen-size bed with hand-made pocket sprung Harrison mattress from UK, smooth hand-ironed (400 thread count) Egyptian cotton sheets, and direct access to the outside Jacuzzi spa, shower and terrace via full-width glass doors. The room has spacious built-in wardrobes,wooden hangers, mirror and hairdryer. The en-suite has a Jacuzzi spa bath with power shower. Delicious Molton-Brown toiletries are provided.
• The second bedroom has extra-long (200cm, 6'6") twin beds or they can be zipped together to form an emperor bed 6' 6" / 200cm, fitted wardrobes, dressing table, full length mirror and hairdryer. Wide glass doors open onto its own terrace with table and chairs for a quite moment.
• The family bathroom has a powerful shower, a bidet, toilet and basin. Luxury Molton-Brown toiletries provided.
• Spare fold up single bed to accommodate an occassional guest.
• Cot & high-chair available for a supplement.
• WiFi available for a supplement
A fully-equipped Siematic kitchen with marble worktops, and Siemens appliances: plus electric kettle, toaster, microwave, food processor, filter coffee maker, washing machine combined with tumble dryer, etc. Large ironing board, steam iron, and clothes airer
GAS & SAFETY
The apartment has a mains gas supply so there is no need for you to purchase gas bottles (butanos). There is a gas boiler for hot water and underfloor central heating. This is sited outside of the apartment in an external utility room. There is a smoke alarm & fire extinguisher in the apartment.
All cooking appliances are electric.
Villa Gadea is a secure resort with entry through manned electronic gates. There is private underground parking accessed by remote control and a lift takes you direct to your door. The development has 24 hour on-site security and CCTV. The building has has high-tec soundproofing. The apartment has video-entry-phone and electrically controlled security shutters.
Further details outdoors:
Outside, the generous terrace has matching hardwood furniture: an extendable table seating 6 - 10 under a shady parasol, 2 elegant wooden steamer chairs, 2 wooden sun beds all have fitted padded cushions, there is additional tilting / wind-up umbrella. Comfy banana leaf chairs & occasional tables allow you to relax in the shade and listen to the birds, or music. For evening lighting there are terracotta wall lights, a down lighter under the parasol and candles.
There are also 4 adjustable lightweight aluminium / mesh loungers that can be taken to the pool.
• Gas BBQ.
• Tilting parasol.
• Pool towels are provided.
• For evening lighting outside there are terracotta wall lights, occasional table lights , umbrella spotlights, and candles.
• The five star SH Villa Gadea Hotel, next to the development, is open to non-residents. It offers a pampering Thalasso spa with day membership, gym, short tennis court, outdoor pools and a Kids Club. The hotel has restaurants, bars, and regular evening entertainment. There are 2 children's playgrounds beside the development, behind the beach.
• ACCESS / MOBILITY The grounds at Villa Gadea are undulating and paths with steps wind through the development. The apartment is situated at on a rise and may not be ideal for people with restricted mobility. Within the building there is a lift from the undergound car park to the apartment door, and access to the public gardens at the main entrance is only one shallow step away
A deposit of 40% is required on booking. The remaining balance, plus €300 refundable security deposit, is required 8 weeks prior to date of arrival. The security deposit will be returned to you within 10 days of departure, less any deductions for breakages or losses. Payment by electronic transfer is preferred in € Euros / £ GBP, credit cards are not accepted.
We provide: quality bed linen, towels, tea towels, kitchen towels, pool towels, lightweight loungers for the pool. Weekly linen change. During longer rentals, over two weeks, linen & maid service are by arrangement.
So that you can get straight down to enjoying yourselves and to minimise that annoying cost of buying packs of household & grocery items that you might only use a couple of times, we provide: washing up liquid, laundry wash/rinse, dishwasher tablets, bathroom toiletries.
And as well as fresh milk, bread, butter, water, tea, coffee & sugar, the kitchen is stocked with dry goods, flour, rice, pasta, spices & sauces etc.
SUPPLEMENTS APPLY: WiFi, cot, baby monitor, high-chair, late arrivals, extra guests, linen change. Please ask.
CLEANING: the apartment is professionally cleaned prior to each let and by arrangements during lets. Extra maid service available. The contribution to the final clean is charged at €98.
The Costa Blanca / Valencia / Alicante Province region
The Costa Blanca, on the Mediterranean coast of Spain, is one of the most beautiful regions of the entire Iberian Peninsula. The 'white coast', takes its name from the endless miles of beautiful sandy beaches which stretch from the Denia in the north to Torrevieja in the south.
In the north, a ridge of mountains runs parallel to the sea creating stunning coastal scenery and a unique microclimate. The area enjoys more than 315 sunshine days a year and an average temperature of 18-19C. It is easy to see why the World Health Organisation described it as having one of the healthiest climates in the world. Thousands of foreigners come here on holiday, fall in love with the place and make it their home.
The area also attracts wealthy "Madrileños" who buy second homes here to escape the blistering summer heat of the Spanish capital.
Travelling south from Spain's second city of Valencia, home to the stunning City of Arts & Science, you reach Denia, a lovely town dominated by an impressive castle, with a bustling commercial centre, delightful old port and a thriving tourist industry. Crossing the impressive Montgo mountain you arrive at the resort of Javea.
Below this is the small and very pretty fishing port of Moraira with its modern yacht marina and hillside developments of whitewashed holiday villas. The town of Calpe is a modern beach resort but it has an attractive old quarter and the distinctive Peñon de Ifach rock which dominates the skyline for miles around. Next we arrive at Altea, called by the painter Miro 'the jewel of the Mediterranean'. It is one of the most beautiful towns on the Costa Blanca with its steep, winding, medieval cobbled streets leading up to the blue-domed church and plaza which affords one of the best views in the region.
Approximately 12 klms south of Altea is Benidorm the party capital of the Costa Blanca. And next to it is the pretty picture-book town of Villajoyosa, largely overlooked by foreign tourists. And finally, the wonderful shopping city of Alicante.
The Altea / Villa Gadea area
The cosmopolitan village of Altea is one of the most charming and fascinating on the Costa Blanca. Along the esplanade interesting boutiques and shops jostle with restaurants and bars. Narrow lanes of whitewashed houses and gourmet restaurants wind up the hill to a cobbled square with bustling pavement cafes overlooked by the distinctive blue ceramic domes of the church. In summer the old town is totally pedestrianised and the streets around the church are taken up with arts and crafts stalls where local artists exhibit their work.
The northern Costa Blanca boasts wonderful mountains with foothills that rise just a short distance behind the beach. The old coast road, N332, winds its way along between the mountains and the sea. Villa Gadea, is situated between the road and the beach, some of the buildings in Villa Gadea Residencia, the Hotel and developments along the coast, may experience some background road sound.
As well as the crystal clear sea and blue flag beaches, the area has plenty of activities within easy reach to fill a family holiday full of fun and excitement:
Terra Mitica – magnificent theme park where ancient civilisations come to life;
Aqualandia – water park with rides;
Mundomare – marine park with dolphins;
Terra Natura - journey through exotic worlds;
Fonts de Algar - natural spring where you can bath in rock pools and climb up waterfalls.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
Activities near Altea
Tennis in town
Golf within 30 mins drive
Beach or lakeside relaxation
A winter sun break
30 Oct 2012
Review La Bahia in Villa Gadea, Altea
This apartment is really a home away from home !
We have for the past 8 years rented varios apartments in the Altea area, and La Bahia is the most... more
01 Oct 2012
La Bahia at Villa Gadea was a truly relaxing break for our family. The apartment couldn't have been better equipped...every little detail was taken care of and it really felt like a 5*... more
13 Jun 2012
This apartment / villa on the ground floor has a beautiful terrace & garden with jacuzzi, overlooks the pool & gardens full of hibiscus & bouganvilla. It has everything you would need - every little detail has been thought of - the beds were very comfy, molton brown toiletries in the bathrooms, the kitchen has everything you could want - in fact more than a home from home. We had a wonderful week & would certainly love to return.
|Rental prices originally quoted in: Euros €||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 7|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|3 Nov 12||22 Dec 12||€ 665||-||-||1 Week|
|22 Dec 12||5 Jan 13||€ 1095||-||-||1 Week|
|5 Jan 13||30 Mar 13||€ 675||-||-||1 Week|
|30 Mar 13||20 Apr 13||€ 945||-||-||1 Week|
|20 Apr 13||25 May 13||€ 965||-||-||1 Week|
|25 May 13||1 Jun 13||€ 1145||-||-||1 Week|
|1 Jun 13||29 Jun 13||€ 1345||-||-||1 Week|
|29 Jun 13||31 Aug 13||€ 1655||-||-||1 Week|
|31 Aug 13||28 Sep 13||€ 1295||-||-||1 Week|
|28 Sep 13||26 Oct 13||€ 1020||-||-||1 Week|
|26 Oct 13||2 Nov 13||€ 945||-||-||1 Week|
|2 Nov 13||21 Dec 13||€ 695||-||-||1 Week|
|21 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||€ 1095||-||-||1 Week|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
* * * CONTACT US FOR SPECIAL DISCOUNTS * * *
The listed rental rates and number of guests are only a guide and may be subject to change and to the specific contract. Although the website defines maximum capacity, the prices quoted are for 6.
A deposit of 40% is required on booking. The remaining balance, plus €300 refundable security deposit, is required 8 weeks prior to arrival. The security deposit is returned 10 working days from departure, less any deductions for breakages, losses, etc.
We provide: bed linen, towels, tea towels, kitchen towels, pool towels, lightweight loungers for use by the pool. Weekly linen change. During longer stays, linen changes & maid service are by arrangement.
So that you can start enjoying yourselves straight away, and to minimise the annoying cost of buying packs of household & grocery items that you might only use a couple of times, we provide: washing up liquid, laundry wash/rinse, dishwasher tablets, bathroom toiletries. As well as fresh milk, bread, butter, tea, coffee & sugar, the kitchen is stocked with dry goods, flour, rice, pasta, spices & sauces etc.
Contribution to final clean €98, Additional cleaning may be required following a long let.
Extra guests by arrangement, (if additional to the number in the original enquiry, or over 6 people).
Cot €36 for the 1st week (the cot has to be delivered) then €12.50 p.w,
baby monitor €12.50, high-chair €12.50,
WiFi is €24 p.w, €36 for 2 weeks.Enquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
4 years listed
You are contacting
Suzy & John
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2008. This apartment has received 5 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Payment for this home can be made directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Casa Verano at Villa Gadea in Altea, Spain
Casa Sualsa at Villa Gadea in Altea, Spain
Holiday accommodation in Spain (16,491)