About the home
There are stunning views from the kitchen and gardens of Valley View over Dovedale one of the best known tourist and walking locations in the heart of the Peak District National Park. From the door you can access some of the best walks in the Peak District and only a short drive away is the Tissington Trail, traffic free cycling for all the family. The George public house is only 15 minutes walk from Valley View and you will enjoy some of the best food, beer and wine around for miles.
Valley View is quiet and relaxing and only 10 minutes drive to the lovely market town of Ashbourne with its market, local shops, restaurants, delis and supermarkets. Valley View is set up with the extended family group in mind, but we also welcome mature groups looking to holiday together. You will find board games, books, guide books, a games table, table football, two TVs, x-box, free wi fi and plenty more to keep you all occupied during your stay with us.
You will also enjoy our gardens backing onto fields, open countryside and quiet country lanes. Families and dogs will love the outside space and adults can relax with a BBQ or book. The UK's best known theme park, Alton Towers is only 30 minutes drive away and Chastworth House the world-famous 'Palace of the Peak' is within a 20 minute drive.
|Size:||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Will consider:||Long lets|
Nearest amenities: 1km
|Family friendly?||Suitable for children of all ages|
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
No smoking at this property
|Luxuries:||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General:||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Satellite TV, Wi-fi available|
|Standard:||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities:||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms:||6 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 family bathrooms|
|Furniture:||Sofabeds (1), Single beds (7), Double beds (4), Cots (1), Dining seating for 16, Lounge seating for 13|
|Other:||Linen and towels provided|
|Outdoors:||Private garden, BBQ|
Further details indoors:
* Log fire in lounge with unlimited free supply of logs
* Large surround sound TV in lounge with Sky Sports and Films and Blue Ray player
* iPod docking station
* Free wi fi access
* Second lounge in attached Annex with TV with Sky Sports and Films, x-box, board games and table football
* Fully equipped kitchen with double range oven, 2 large fridges
* Welcome pack supplied includes supply of coffee, tea, sugar, milk, biscuits, oil, salt and pepper, starter supply only of kitchen roll, loo roll, bin bags, about 5 of both washing machine and diswasher tabs, washing up liquid, hand soaps in all bathrooms.
* Attached Cottage Annex with double bedroom, second lounge (with sofa bed) and kitchen
* 6 bedrooms in total - some beds can be made up as singles or as kingsize to suit all groups
* Separate utility room with washing machine, dryer, 2nd fridge and coat and boot storage
* Cot supplied with bedding
* High chair, stair gates and fire guard all provided
* A selection of games and books available to suit all ages, plus x-box and multi games table
* Communal eating around large dining room table for up to 16
* Communal seating in lounge for up to 13
* Off street parking for up to four cars
* WE WILL CONSIDER REDUCED RATES FOR SMALLER GROUPS PLEASE ASK US!
Further details outdoors:
* Walled garden area to front of house, can be closed off to be child and pet friendly
* Large open grassed area in front of house and more garden space and patio at rear of property (totally secluded and private)
* Private off-street parking for up to four cars - this is the maximum number of cars on the drive, but there is additional public parking in the village about 5 minutes walk away
* Garden furniture and BBQ provided
* £150 returnable breakages deposit with all bookings - payable 6 weeks prior to arrival
* Pets welcome and there is a fee of £15 per pet
* Your booking fee includes all bed linen, towels, heating and an unlimited supply of logs for the log burner
* We welcome short breaks at any time of the year including Peak Seasons, Christmas and New Year. Our minimum rental is two nights.
* For weekly bookings our changeover day is Friday.
* We will consider smaller groups at Valley View and please contact us direct with your party size for a quote. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 25% of rental fee is required to secure booking
* Balance is due 6 weeks prior to arrival
* Breakages bond of £150 due 6 weeks prior to arrival (is returned once house checked after your departure and we do not charge for minor breakages)
The Heart of England / Peak District / Staffordshire region
Valley View is situated in the Peak District National Park one of the most stunning areas of natural beauty in England and the UK. With protected landscapes and wildlife it is a wonderful setting for outdoor activities such as walking and cycling. It is also a great place to experience great local cooking and ingredients - some fantastic pubs with fine local produce and a great pint of English beer are a highlight of any holiday here.
There are some lovely market towns such as Ashbourne and Bakewell with local shops a plenty, picturesque villages with local festivals, historic houses as well as plenty of indoor and outdoor activities for families and groups alike (including horse riding, caving, abseiling, fishing, museums and visitor centres).
Chatsworth House is within an easy drive as well as Haddon Hall (both stately homes have been used as the backdrop for films and TV programmes such as Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre.
The Alstonfield / Milldale area
Valley View is in the heart of great walking and cycling country. Walks along the river Dove are popular for all ages and Dovedale is one of the UK's most loved natural beauty spots. The famous stepping stones are easily accessible from Valley View and in the summer months a picnic is a must.
The Tissington Trail (10 minutes maximum by car or you can cycle there) is a must for cyclists and walkers. Cycle along this once used railway and explore some fabulous Peak District countryside. It's flatter sections are also wheelchair and pushchair friendly and it is a lovely family day out.
Alstonfield is only a short 10/15 minute walk from Valley View and a visit to The George pub should be on everyone's list. The food is superb, with a great choice of beers and wines and there is al fresco dining in the warmer months. Round the back of the pub is a farm shop selling locally produced food as well as wines, beers and more. Why not take some back to Valley View for a group or family meal?
The market town of Ashbourne is only 10 minutes drive from Valley View. As well as the supermarkets (Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, Sainsbury and Co-op), there are two fantastic delis, numerous restaurants, cafes, bistros, pubs and fish and chips. For shoppers there are some lovely local craft shops along cobbled streets and hidden alleys, a wide range of antique shops, gift shops, banks and outdoor shops. On Thursday and Saturday there is a local market and in August the famous Agricultural Show. There is also a leisure centre with swimming pool.
How to get there
Click map icons for more information
By car we are 6 miles north of Ashbourne and approximately 40 minutes drive from the M1. Detailed journey details will be supplied upon booking.
The nearest train station is Derby, which is 40 minutes away. There is a number one bus from Derby to Ashbourne with local taxi firms in Ashbourne.
East Midlands Airport is approximately 50 minutes by car.
The property is located in a quiet hamlet called Milldale and is about 15 minutes walk from Alstonfield, which has a fabulous pub The George and a local speciality food shop/deli.
Activities near Alstonfield
Golf within 30 mins drive
Rural / countryside retreats
15 Jan 2013
Stayed for a long weekend in January - beautiful location, amazing views from all windows. Cottage large enough for the 12 of us, comfortable and very well equipped - particularly the kitchen, we all... more
08 Jun 2012
Lovely peaceful location in the idyllic setting of the Dovedale valley in the Peak District. Magnificent views from the house on all sides. A number of great walks from outside your door - no need to travel out with the car. 50m from the front door is arguably the nicest walk along the Dovedale valley - and it's an easy one for children and those less able (nice and flat for a large part). We even managed with a Phil & Teds pushchair. The house itself was ideal for a larger group - spacious downstairs area with a impressively large sitting room and big wood burning stove. The kitchen was extremely well equipped with ample amounts of cutlery, crockery and pans and a good sized gas cooker/oven. SkySports for the blokes who need their fix. The small annexe was good if you have friends who need their own space or need a downstairs bedroom - it was quite a bijou little addition with it's own kitchen and sofa on the 1st floor. No issues with parking our 4 cars in the driveway. We were a group of 8 adults, 2 toddlers and 2 babies. We never felt pushed for space or bathrooms! If you want a tasty pub lunch that is walkable you must check out The George at Alstonefield.
Would we go again? Definitely. But next time we would go for longer.
06 Jun 2012
13 of us stayed at this cottage during March. There was everything we could have possibly needed. Even though 13 of us stayed there it never felt crowded as the cottage is a fair size.
Lovely large lounge, dining table that seats at least 13 and a couple of pubs within walking distance!
Overall fantastic weekend had by all, 100% would recommend
|Rental prices originally quoted in: British £||Convert to:|
|Prices for group size 12|
|Period||From||To||Weekly||Nightly rate|| Minimum |
|Economy Season||5 Jan 13||15 Feb 13||£ 997||£ 375||£ 428||2 Nights|
|High Season||15 Feb 13||23 Feb 13||£ 1397||£ 396||£ 396||3 Nights|
|Economy Season||23 Feb 13||29 Mar 13||£ 997||£ 375||£ 428||2 Nights|
|Peak Season||29 Mar 13||13 Apr 13||£ 1857||£ 496||£ 496||3 Nights|
|Mid Season||13 Apr 13||24 May 13||£ 1243||£ 330||£ 330||3 Nights|
|Peak Season||24 May 13||1 Jun 13||£ 2154||-||-||2 Nights|
|High Season||1 Jun 13||19 Jul 13||£ 1826||£ 680||£ 680||2 Nights|
|Peak Season||19 Jul 13||2 Sep 13||£ 2154||£ 866||£ 866||2 Nights|
|Mid Season||2 Sep 13||25 Oct 13||£ 1590||£ 586||£ 586||2 Nights|
|Peak Season||25 Oct 13||4 Nov 13||£ 2154||£ 866||£ 866||2 Nights|
|Economy Season||4 Nov 13||20 Dec 13||£ 1393||£ 507||£ 507||2 Nights|
|Xmas and New Year 2013||20 Dec 13||4 Jan 14||£ 2500||-||-||3 Nights|
|Economy Season||4 Jan 14||14 Feb 14||£ 1393||£ 507||£ 507||2 Nights|
The property's weekend rates apply to: Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion.
Please note that we do offer short breaks in all seasons even in the Peak Seasons and over Christmas and New Year. Our minimum rental is 2 nights. Please contact us direct for prices for short breaks: email@example.com. We will also consider reduced prices for smaller groups, please contact us direct with the details of your group size: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Preferred payment by cheque or electronic transfer
* All linen and towels included in rates
* All heating and an unlimited free supply of logs included in rates
* Returnable breakages deposit payable of £150 6 weeks prior to arrival
* Pets charged at £15 per petEnquire now
See below for next 9 months' availability - to see the next 24 months click here
Contact the owner
* Required fields
Please check the following errors:
3 years listed
You are contacting
The owner is based in the United Kingdom and has advertised with Holiday Lettings since 2010. This house has received 8 reviews from previous guests.
Verified property owner
This owner has been verified by our team
Book direct or online
Payments for this home can be made online on Holiday Lettings or directly to the owner.
Selected other homes from this advertiser
Riverside House in Litton Mill, England
Holiday homes in England (20,934)